Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2009 Tournament Archives > 2009 PBO Palm Beach Blue Storm Open - July 25-26

2009 PBO Palm Beach Blue Storm Open - July 25-26 Here is the second year Palm Beach Blue storm Open Tournament on the east coast of Florida

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
scubajobert

Re: GIVE a man a fish...and teach the kids too!

TEAM DIVE ODYSSEA will donate some fish.
scubajobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #17
dive4bugz

Send a message via AIM to dive4bugz Send a message via Yahoo to dive4bugz

I'll certainly do my part, providing Neptune does his!! See you all there...
Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #18
Slingingsteel

This kid is going places!

Dylan
Slingingsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:15 AM   #19
ribonzz

Teach fishing to kids are great and fun things. They'll learn how hard to catch a fish and be patient
ribonzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #20
Petra
Livin' the life!

Send a message via AIM to Petra

Check out this e-mail I received from Lucas!

"I have recently been notified by USA Weekend Magazine that I have been declared a national winner of the Make a Difference Day Award of $10,000 to be given to my charity of choice. During National Volunteer Week, on Monday, April 19th, I will be presented the award at the Newseum in Washington,D.C. which is also sponsored by the Points of Life Foundation and the Paul Newman Foundation.On the following day I have been asked to speak on a panel regarding volunteerism which will be sponsored by the AARP. It will be an opportunity to encourage more teens to get involved in their communities as well as give the older generation hope for the future.
To be chosen nationally from hundreds of entries is an honor and privilege for which I am greatly humbled by. Who would of thought that my passion for fishing,conservation and helping others would lead to such an honor. I began Fishing For Families in Need at 15 years old on my own funding. The program was developed to offer fishing clinics to underprivileged children and to provide fresh fish to the visitors of the soup kitchen. Both aspects of the program have been highly successful. My comprehensive hands on clinics now teach 21 children a session. For photos and information about FFN visit f4fn.webs.com. My last procurement of fish which my volunteers and I cleaned and filleted and delivered to the Boca Helping Hands Soup Kitchen fed over 300 nutritious meals to those who need it most.

On Make A Difference Day,October 24th, I hosted a first time drift fishing venture for my students in the Atlantic. Fish Florida helped fund the unforgettable trip. Palm Beach Marine Industries provided a picnic dinner following the trip and stellar reporting by Suzanne Boyd of channel 12 informed the public of an experience that the children still reflect on. I am forever thankful to all of you who helped me in my program. I could not of individually afforded to make such a sizeable contribution to the families I serve but now I will! I have been referred to as a hero by the children and others but I am just a kid wanting to help. It's the kids and the families I serve that are the true heroes. Facing adversity after adversity they have rebounded and continue to face challenges that lie before them They are the true heroes and I know no better way to to acknowledge them then to accept this award on their behalf. In doing so I will be providing both the Florence Fuller Developmental Center and the Boca Helping Hands Soup Kitchen with a $5,000 check to be used towards those I serve.

Thank you for your involvement, support and belief in me.

Lucas Metropulos
Founder and Director of FFN"

--
Follow my adventures!
oceanloveher.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

Passionate. Unconventional. Independent.
Petra is offline   Reply With Quote