Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 09-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #256
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to z1taz
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
Marco ... I love you too! But seriously now ... without all this BS ... I mean I saw some of your videos and you also test guns ... are you really not impressed with how a pipe gun can shoot an 8mm shaft so well? Forget for a minute how crazy you are about me and really, I am fine with you not liking my spearing way or my inability to load guns ... really I don't mind that. But you have that Alemmani roller and you have that Seal double roller ... I know you are not science minded and don't believe in that but you saw the test ... you really don't think you can gain anything from that information? I mean come on!
as usual mr Madj , your improvements , even if they are conclusive for you in yr pool tests , means nothing at all when you are not able to apply this correctly on a fish ...which you are not able to !
And guess why ? because you are a poor spearo , so again you d better improve yrself , it would be more useful in your case !

and when you kill one small fish , better to kill 2 at least when they are running fast ! ( 2 fishes = 2 shots in my photo from Fiji )

Last edited by z1taz; 09-10-2017 at 05:29 PM.
z1taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #257
Behslayer

Hello. Majd, those tests look interesting and nice shooting on that grouping. It would be worth mentioning that the Seal and the Alemanni could up a diameter or two in Shaft and would then carry a lot more range. I mean you aren't testing that Pathos in it's 6.75mm configuration right? Steering the testing... Anyways. I don't know where you were raised or went to school. I lived in the Village for 24 years and I have plenty of good local friends who never went to school with huge lineages of experience in Surfing, Fishing, Diving. Some of them are very gruff but I still respect their knowledge, experience, and ability.

The rest is blah blah blah, I'm busy and have no time to respond.

However, Mu hunting is a particular interest of mine. Marc's trick doesn't work where I'm from as we get the Mu in the Surfzone and need to hold onto the reef at all times due to intense currents. (Which is why light Pipe guns are not the go as they move around like a flag, and we use heavier wooden shaped guns which hold their own went their is some surge) So, I drew a dot pattern on my mask which functioned to break up my eyes a little while still allowing me to see well. I figure I've hunted Mu and taken them more than most. But I do use Marc's trick always in Bluewater hunting.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:05 PM   #258
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
Hello. Majd, those tests look >>>

The rest is >>> blah blah blah,

However, Mu hunting is a particular interest of mine.

Marc's trick doesn't work where I'm from as we get the Mu in the Surfzone and need to hold onto the reef at all times due to intense currents. But I do use Marc's trick always in Bluewater hunting.
Mu hunting is not representing any interest for me , as i do not eat those .

btw , the " trick" to hide the eyes is only ONE from the trickS for mu .
Old 09-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #259
Behslayer

For me, one trick was to identify the Mu' paths of motion, then to figure out the ambush spot where you could face into the waves along that path where they would not see me as they drifted over. It was close combat.. but always with surge that would rip off your mask or send you cartwheeling, so you always had to be pinned to the bottom wedging up under a small ledge. I dove the same spot more than one thousand times for Mu. But I always wait for a good one.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:44 AM   #260
spearq8

@Jon ... you need to learn to walk before you learn to run. Don't believe that stuff about a roller shooting light shafts poorly but shooting heavier shafts well. The Alemmani did come with a much heavier 8.5mm shaft, but it was not a good setup and it shot very low with poor penetration. I didn't post that video as I thought it would give a wrong impression. I also bought a special 9mm shaft for the Seal roller and had 8.5mm shafts ready ... also did not do well and I didn't post those videos. Both roller guns shot much better with the 8mm shaft, much less shaft drop with much higher penetration and much better accuracy. Another point is that all 3 guns in the test shot the exact same shaft with exact same line ... so it gave a good cross platform idea of what was going on.

I think we need to look at roller guns without all the BS ... just analyze the data and find out why the power is not translating to shaft velocity as well as it should. There is no doubt that a proper roller system should give an advantage ... more band stretch area ... doesn't have to follow band contraction speed limitations. But first and foremost ... the shaft has to come out stable before you start adding the power. If you add power to a shaft that is exiting unstable, a lot of that power goes into magnifying the instability of shaft flight ... thus immediate velocity dissipation and loss of power and accuracy. Another thing is that the power transfers via pulleys and rollers ... those have to be high quality with the ability to minimize losses as much as possible.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #261
Behslayer

Rollers/Poliplast/etc. are tricky. They need to have the bands set up exactly right to have their performance jump. Both of those guns could move up a diameter or two in shaft as they have limited recoil. I didn't say they wouldn't shoot a lighter shaft well. Seal already demonstrated that a Roller/Poliplast can also shoot a lighter shaft with very high Velocity as have others. I said they were not showing their maximum potential. The other day I saw a video of G hitting a large Wahoo in the Head from what looked like 7+mtr with his Alemanni. You just don't hit a 2" target 22' away from the tip of the gun if your shaft isn't exiting the gun fairly stable. Perhaps Marc could share that here.

The way to learn about Rollers/Poliplast/etc is to combine Accuracy and Range testing with slow motion High Rez video showing the gun firing from the side. Especially around the muzzle. That will explain everything. Who knows.. maybe some of it has to do with the M word... Rollers do have Recoil, both Left/Right Shift as well as Muzzle bump. The recoil occurs over more time and as such is felt less. This leads a lot of builders to make the gunstocks very light but you and I both know that any gun's performance can be improved by adding some mass.. Take that Pathos for example. If you were to add a balanced mass of 1.5kgs to the gun, I'm guessing performance would be increased.

Last edited by Behslayer; 09-13-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #262
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Quote:
Rollers/Poliplast/etc. are tricky. They need to have the bands set up exactly right to have their performance jump. Both of those guns could move up a diameter or two in shaft as they have limited recoil. I didn't say they wouldn't shoot a lighter shaft well. Seal already demonstrated that a Roller/Poliplast can also shoot a lighter shaft with very high Velocity as have others. I said they were not showing their maximum potential. The other day I saw a video of G hitting a large Wahoo in the Head from what looked like 7+mtr with his Alemanni. You just don't hit a 2" target 22' away from the tip of the gun if your shaft isn't exiting the gun fairly stable.

Perhaps Marc could share that here.
why to ?

most from people here better to trust Madj , as he knows everything about everything .

( but is still unable to shot and land properly some fishes more than few Lbs ! ) ha ha ha !

Old 09-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #263
SEA_ARCHER

Z's childish jibberish has gotten bad enough for me to find a way to mute him.... For those interested...under user CP you select "edit ignore list" and add the username and hit save changes. For those of you who already knew this...bastards! You could have shared this and you kept it to yourselves?
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #264
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA_ARCHER View Post
Z's childish jibberish has gotten bad enough for me to find a way to mute him.... For those interested...under user CP you select "edit ignore list" and add the username and hit save changes. For those of you who already knew this...bastards! You could have shared this and you kept it to yourselves?
ha ha ha good to be in ignore list from such as you ha ha ha !
Old 09-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #265
Behslayer

I guess the Lexington SEAL Model has no problem with Deeep Penetration?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REFk...ature=youtu.be

babysteps?
Old 09-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #266
Azure Recluse
Another Aussie Spearo

Quote:
I guess the Lexington SEAL Model has no problem with Deeep Penetration?

babysteps?
The Youtube link does not work for me mate, anyone else?
Old 09-13-2017, 11:19 PM   #267
Behslayer

this work?
Old 09-13-2017, 11:42 PM   #268
Azure Recluse
Another Aussie Spearo

Quote:
Old 09-16-2017, 04:38 AM   #269
spearq8

If I was looking at an effective roller gun setup, I would look at the Roisub guns. They have the wishbones moving parallel with the shaft and so no tail lift. I actually wanted to get one of those guns, but it looked way too complicated when I looked at it ... a lot of stuff happening. With the Seal roller ... just not enough horsepower with the gun I have, but once the trigger was sorted out it shot very accurate, but low. It certainly needed extra power and a booster band and maybe better use of converting available real estate to band stretch would have been useful. The booster might actually help in both ways ... adding more power and also toning down the the wishbones that are flipping the back of the shaft tail. With the Alemmani, I had really wanted to try out the Vela 135, but the friend of mine that was bringing the guns to try out brought another gun as someone had borrowed it from him. He was so sure that the Alemmani he was bringing would blow away every gun I had so he really didn't even think that was necessary ... I think he was really surprised with the results. The Alemmani gun he had actually did have good power ... but it had one thing that probably really hurt performance. The gun has a ramp on the muzzle to try and offset low shooting. It does work, and it does shoot the shaft higher ... but it does so at the cost of shaft stability. I just don't think that is a correct way to deal with low shooting. Accuracy with the Alemmani was not as good as with the Seal roller even though it did have more power. But again ... that gun was setup with an 8.5mm shaft and it just shot much better with an 8mm shaft. I did look at video with the Alemmani Vela 135, and it does look like a huge improvement over all other Alemmani guns power wise. But that gun was shooting a 10mm shaft ... again ... not sure if that is a good idea. For sure a 10mm shaft would be much more stable against tail flipping, but that is a very heavy shaft that needs a lot of band energy to get moving. I can't help but think that if that gun had the wishbone inline with the shaft and shooting an 8.5mm shaft, results would be better.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:47 AM   #270
spearq8

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1taz View Post
ha ha ha good to be in ignore list from such as you ha ha ha !
@zz It is pretty incredible that you are still able to post here. People have been banned for 1% of what you are doing. Trying and avoid personal attacks and ad hominems. I post on several forums and this really is the first time I see someone get away with what you are doing. I mean you really take trolling to a new level. In case you don't know what an ad hominem is

1.An ad hominem argument is one that is used to counter another argument, but it is based on feelings of prejudice (often irrelevant to the argument), rather than facts, reason or logic. It is often a personal attack on one's character rather than an attempt to address the issue at hand

2.Attacking the person making the argument, rather than the argument itself, when the attack on the person is completely irrelevant to the argument the person is making

Now go back to the original thread, and then look at what you are posting and see if it has anything to do with the thread. I know this forum is not moderated and maybe if you stuck to just one thread and one person this could be ok. But you are just polluting way to many threads since I guess you have much more time on your hands now. So if you have nothing useful to add to the thread just stay out of it.