Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #1
mepps1

The "Lone White Male"

And the absurd, blatant dishonesty of big media;

Quote:
John Russel Houser: What we know about Louisiana movie theater shooting suspect
By Michael Walsh
1 hour ago
Yahoo News

Reuters Videos

A gunman killed two people and wounded at least nine others during a showing of “Trainwreck” at a movie theater in Louisiana.

The 59-year-old "lone white male" opened fire about 20 minutes into the film Thursday evening at the Grand 16 theater in Lafayette, roughly 60 miles west of Baton Rouge.

Authorities identified the shooting suspect as John Russel Houser. It appears that he turned the gun on himself after unsuccessfully trying to flee by blending in with the crowd, according to police.

Police officers say they found him dead inside the theater after hearing a single gunshot ring out.

“He previously resided in the state of Alabama. He’s kind of a drifter. He’s been in Lafayette since early July as far as we can tell,” Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft said during a news conference Friday morning.

Houser is originally from Phenix City, Ala. but had bounced around before ending up at a local Motel 6, authorities said.

View galleryJohn Russel Houser
John Russel Houser has been identified as the man who shot and killed two people in Louisiana on Thu …
Police searched the room they think he was staying in and found wigs, glasses and other items that could be used as a disguise, they said.

A Columbus, Ga. woman, who wished to remain anonymous, told Yahoo News that she had purchased a home that Houser once shared with his wife. The suspect eventually lived in the house alone for two years without making any payments, she said.

“You don’t know crazy. You don’t know what we went through with that house,” she said to Yahoo News over the phone. “He had lots and lots of problems.

The woman said Houser came from a “fine family in Columbus” – his mother was a schoolteacher and his father was tax commissioner for Columbus. He used to attend church services years ago, she said.

She added that Houser once attended law school but dropped out.

View galleryLouisiana theater gunman "kind of a drifter": poli …
Louisiana police identify 59-year-old John Russell Houser as the suspected lone gunman who opened fi …
“We’ve been up all night with the FBI,” she said. “He was dangerous. I’m just so glad that no more people were hurt than was hurt. It’s sad. We’re sad.”

Houser had been arrested several times from 10 to 15 years ago for several charges, including arson, selling alcohol to a minor and speeding, according to The Associated Press.

Jim Mustian, a journalist for The New Orleans Advocate, citing a local sheriff, said that Houser was denied a pistol permit in 2006 in Russell County, Ala.

The suspect's Linkedin profile describes him an entrepreneur in "investment management." He claimed to have owned two pubs in Georgia and to have tried his hand at real estate development in 2006.

He pursued a Bachelor of Business Administration at Columbus State University from 1985 until 1988 and a Juris Doctorate (law degree) at Faulkner University in Montgomery, Ala., his profile said.

In 1993, Houser guest-hosted the “Rise and Shine” radio show on WLTZ NBC 38 for more than 60 episodes, according to the LinkedIn page.

“Invited political controversy on every one of them, and loved every minute of it,” he said.

It appears that Houser was a member of Tea Party Nation, according to the group’s website.

Authorities identified the young women he murdered as Macy Breaux, 21, and Jillian Johnson, 33, and said another person is in critical condition.

Houser's apparent getaway vehicle had a switched license plates on it and was parked near a cinema exit door, Craft said.

“It is apparent that he was intent on shooting and then escaping,” he added.

The shooting occurred just a week after James Holmes was convicted in the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo.

Please check back for developments. This is a breaking story.
The fact that they've coined a term for this sort of murderer isn't what bothers me. It certainly doesn't bother me that they covered his race, which may be a factor in the shooting. What infuriates me is the fact that nothing ever gets reported honestly in the other direction. To the small extent that "the knockout game" and black-on-white / Hispanic / Asian violence is covered at all, it's always committed by "youths". Why?

Could it be that honest reporting of the news doesn't fit the agenda of the people who report it?
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: The "Lone White Male"

Yea, and the BS statements like "It appears that Houser was a member of Tea Party Nation" with no proof.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #3
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yea, and the BS statements like "It appears that Houser was a member of Tea Party Nation" with no proof.
Right. Well, you know, all those tea party guys are always going around shooting places all to hell, so it's a natural connection.

People have been fleeing the suburbs for some time when white males move in, after all. It all starts with one Tea Partier....

Next thing you know, the streets are riddled with political tracts and you can't even go to the grocery store without fear of being accosted with political commentary. Lot of good neighborhoods have gone to shit that way.

Last edited by mepps1; 07-24-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
fishfan

I live in on of "those" neighborhoods and I have to tell you that something about really concerns me. These white males leave their home between 8-830am and come back between 530-6pm everyday Mon through Friday.
They're up to something and I don't trust them.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan View Post
I live in on of "those" neighborhoods and I have to tell you that something about really concerns me. These white males leave their home between 8-830am and come back between 530-6pm everyday Mon through Friday.
They're up to something and I don't trust them.

8-6 and no weekends? Personally, I'm always suspicious of men who only work part time. Some of them are probably bankers.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #6
OBLIGATED

Creepy azz crackasAnother nut job.Fortunately he offed himself and saved taxpayer money.Hmmm lets do that over.My baby dindunuffins and he was tryun turn hiz life round.he was an aspirin DJ and biznus man befo them popo came scriminatin an chit an made him choot hiself.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #7
OBLIGATED

Years ago I would do midnight shift with a officer I knew in miami.Usual call one after the other"black males,16-21,t shirt,multiple pairs of shorts and high top sneakers for armed robbery or carjackings.Fortunately at three in the morning it is easir to get places quick and grab the thugs.We had a call with a bolo on a white male for stealing a car.EVERYONE shows up to see what the idiot looked like.He evidently was kind of smart because the k9s didnt get him.You just dont get that many violent calls with the crackas.We did get a domestic with a white guy running naked from the couples house after hubby came home early.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #8
Ron S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
We did get a domestic with a white guy running naked from the couples house after hubby came home early.
And I've still got scars on the bottom of my foot from the broken beer bottle I ran over that night...
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:15 PM   #9
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
And I've still got scars on the bottom of my foot from the broken beer bottle I ran over that night...
Everyone throws their bottles out in Biscayne Gardens.Hope you wrapped it she had the Herpity derp on her lips.We had a female officer come to restrain her.She was half naked with the rest working its way out and spitting.We took her crying husband to jail even though she was the one that tore his face up.He said he would kill her if he stayed.That night sucked.Same crap every night except Fridays,government check days and holidays.Them are the crazy nights.Bodily fluids is the biggest fear not a bullet.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #10
Marcus

Louisiana Theater Massacre - Accomplished Without A Single Shot

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ed8_1437951582
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 07-27-2015, 02:17 PM   #11
mepps1

Marcus, that interview seems like pretty thin gruel to me. No doubt the gal being interviewed was in the same theater building. What needed to be clarified was, "Was she in the same show?"

Seemed pretty clear to me that she was not, but the interviewer was not sufficiently competent to frame the question unambiguously.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #12
Marcus

Did you view the rest of the thread/evidence? This all stinks to high heaven. All these witnesses are connected. Police busting in to the movie theater with assault weapons within under a minute? The fire alarmed was pulled which allegedly alerted the police but there wasn't one fire truck there. BS.

Last edited by Marcus; 07-27-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:43 PM   #13
Ron S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Everyone throws their bottles out in Biscayne Gardens.Hope you wrapped it she had the Herpity derp on her lips.We had a female officer come to restrain her.She was half naked with the rest working its way out and spitting.We took her crying husband to jail even though she was the one that tore his face up.He said he would kill her if he stayed.That night sucked.Same crap every night except Fridays,government check days and holidays.Them are the crazy nights.Bodily fluids is the biggest fear not a bullet.
Really glad I don't work in that kind of area!
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote