Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2004 Tournament Archives > Spearboard Open Archives 2004 > Spearboard Open Results

Spearboard Open Results Check here for the 2004 Spearboard Open Results

Old 05-24-2004, 06:41 PM   #16
junior

Great job to all those who busted their asses to pull off a great event. Thanks a bunch. I like all the suggestions and ideas.

My only suggestion would be to have the weigh in line run down the west side of the building so that it would be in closer proximity to the crowd and also be in the shade. That way everyone in line and everyone in the pavilion can interact a little more easily, showing off fish, getting beers/food and just BS'n while in line. The line and weigh station should be more of a focal point of the tournament like last years was. Although I have nothing against the band, I thought they pulled attention away from the weigh in. If you 86'd the band, you would also have a lot more room under the pavilion for everything. And, I'm pretty sure you're gonna need more room next year after the success of this weekend

It was nice to put some more facesto names. I shared the line with Bugged and Bluewater Rocket and they are some nice folks. But, you never know who the hell you're talking to til they tell you their spearboard name and then your like ohhh, so your the guy How about some cheesey name tags next year
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:44 PM   #17
kitefisherman
Spearboard Historian

Congratulations to everyone that competed! I only wish that I could have been there. I hope that this will encourage everyone to make it to the 2 great tournaments that are coming up: the Southern Open and the St. Pete Open. Look forward to meeting many of my SB brethern that I missed seeing at this year's SBO. Great tournament Scott!
kitefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:47 PM   #18
Sheri
So Little Time

Junior, I think name tags are a GREAT idea!
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:20 PM   #19
WreckDiver
Memeber What?

Yea, I just knew I was going to get stuck in the line like that:d Junior did you see the priceless look on my wife's face when I introduced you guys you were not at all like i had pictured you. The music was a little loud for socializin. and couple of fans for the masses.

Last edited by WreckDiver; 05-24-2004 at 07:22 PM.
WreckDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:54 PM   #20
junior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bugged
Yea, I just knew I was going to get stuck in the line like that:d Junior did you see the priceless look on my wife's face when I introduced you guys you were not at all like i had pictured you.
What did you think I'd be wearing...some Birkenstocks, a tie dye and maybe some dread locks? I must admit she did get a funny look on her face. It was great to meet you guys!
Old 05-24-2004, 07:58 PM   #21
liberty hound

I thought it was great!
my family and I had a great time!
I do have one suggestion, Pleeeeease consider having the shooting on friday and the weigh-in on sat. Offshore Jax was covered up on sat. and it was very hard to find places to dive.
I have wed. and thurs. off and did not realize how bad it can get on the weekends. We hit at least 4 or 5 spots before we finaly got to dive.
liberty hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:03 PM   #22
Spearchucker

Liberty

I hear what you are saying, but attendance would plummit if it required everybody to take a vacation day to participate.
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:08 PM   #23
WreckDiver
Memeber What?

Quote:
Originally posted by junior
What did you think I'd be wearing...some Birkenstocks, a tie dye and maybe some dread locks? I must admit she did get a funny look on her face. It was great to meet you guys!
Well at least you combed your hair and yes it was good to meet you and your wife and allot of other people too. maybe we should go shoot some fish sometime. What did that big hog weight?
WreckDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:41 PM   #24
junior

He was 15 pounds. About 3 shy of the carolina hogs. I'd like to see the full score card with weights when they get put together. Let's go shoot
Old 05-24-2004, 09:16 PM   #25
Simply Scuba

Fantastic job Scott, only you could pull off an event like this. It was incredible for your second year. Guess you'll have the #1 tournment in the southeast next year at the rate your going!
That was the way to go HeadHunter, enjoy that vacation.
Simply Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:33 PM   #26
Ed Walker

I had $100 on Dan McMahon. Time to pay up guys!
Old 05-25-2004, 12:12 AM   #27
SpearDiverTampa
Controversial User

Send a message via AIM to SpearDiverTampa
Scott the tournament was great. You are THE MAN...enough said. The food was awesome.

Chris you did a great job keeping the never ending weigh-in line moving. It takes dedication to weigh fish for many hours, sprint off to a quick hobo shower out of 2liter diet coke bottles behind your truck, toss on a clear pair of clothes and continue to cohost the event!

Amazing job Headhunter crew...especially captain Dan. It takes a hell of a captain to not only win the tourney, but nearly win best boat as well with 8 guys onboard.

It was great to have the opportunity to and compete with more fellow spearboarders.

Thanks for a great time!

-Chris
SpearDiverTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:42 AM   #28
Reaperspear

Scott awesome tournament, truly enjoyed it. How about some shirts for kids next year. Went to buy my boys some shirts and there were none in thier size. If anyone is wondering that was my BBQ riddled son that did the drawings.

P.S. he said the food was great.
Reaperspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 05:58 AM   #29
kitefisherman
Spearboard Historian

Anybody know who won the North Carolina trip raffle prize?
kitefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:07 AM   #30
f94gator

Shooting both Friday and Saturday puts those who can't take a day off at a big disadvantage as well - only 1/2 as much time to dive?
I don't think there's a perfect set-up that makes everyone happy, but I think the current one is as close as we're going to get.
f94gator is offline   Reply With Quote