Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #1
HogDoc

MA/RI week of August 21

Heading to MA next week, and dying to get some spearing in after spending half the summer in the Bahamas and Outer Banks.

Anybody looking for a dive buddy for the week of 8/21-8/26? My wife really isn't crazy about me going out by myself, as I'm sure some of you can relate to

I don't have a boat, but am more than happy to contribute $ for gas, etc if you do, and would be more than happy to travel to Cape Cod or Rhode Island. In fact, it seems like RI is the place to go from what I've read, so I'd be positively psyched to get in the water and shoot some tautog/fluke.

As for me, I'm strictly free dive, intermediate skill level, pole spear as the weapon of choice.

With that, hopefully I'll get a response and maybe get to hook up with one of you guys- feel like I already know some of you after reading your posts
HogDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:42 PM   #2
Agador
Argonaut

Re: MA/RI week of August 21

Hey Doc,
Current water condition is not good around RI shore at all... Next week looks better, but if you will be in MA, I would suggest to go to Cape Cod canal. This is a great spot for Tautog (but you cant shoot Striper in MA) and you can go from shore. Just make sure you don't dive right in the canal - look for the border between bay and canal itself. It's a little far from me, but if nobody will accompany you I might consider to join you.
Agador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:21 AM   #3
HogDoc

Thanks for the info, man- I will definitely be hitting the canal as you suggested.

Nobody is going to go with me- one thing about spearfishing is that the guys that are into it are REALLY into it, whereas the overwhelming majority of the rest just scratch their heads when I tell them what I'm up to

I'll shoot you a message next week- if you're around and amenable, two is always better than one when diving.

Cheers.
HogDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:52 PM   #4
MeTo

PM me. I dive RI a lot. I have time during the week .
MeTo is offline   Reply With Quote