Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 09-23-2019, 05:27 PM   #1
makoa352
HUI KOA KAI O HAMAKUA

120cm 3K Carbon Barrels For Sale

Aloha!

Just got a shipment of matte black 120cm 3K carbon cuttlebone shaped barrels. I purchased these barrels to get a cheaper price for some builds I and my sons are doing. I have 6 barrels available for sale for anyone wanting this same barrel but who doesn’t want to pay the big $$$ to a manufacturer to get one. I am selling them for $140 plus shipping. Same barrel sells online for anywhere from $160-$275 bucks!

Inside diameter is 26.5cm and wall OD is 32.1cm. Build your own Bluewater roller or conventional gun without paying the $1000+ established brands are charging. Not to mention being able to use components you prefer along with a great barrel that’s affordable you now can build your own custom gun...something every separo should do!

Email me or pm me if you’re interested. Mahalo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19F73CAF-D337-4060-83FA-5F6B936876E6.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	244071   Click image for larger version

Name:	B6EA4EAD-0E18-4CA6-997D-47B5814EBECA.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	244072  

E MALAMA I KE KAI
makoa352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:42 PM   #2
makoa352
HUI KOA KAI O HAMAKUA

Re: 120cm 3K Carbon Barrels For Sale

Thanks all for the pm’s. Response has been great. One barrel left.

E MALAMA I KE KAI
makoa352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #3
Behslayer

Looks good. If you ever coming to Kona Coast hit me up I'd like to try a shot with a gun like that.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:22 AM   #4
spearq8

Nice! I think that tube with a Salvimar Voodo muzzle and a Pathos D1 handle with the wide Ermessub DR trigger for D1 … some 2 x 14.5mm small ID bands … a good shaft … a little elbow grease … and you certainly have a gun that is better than anything you can buy off shelf.
spearq8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:43 AM   #5
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
Nice! I think that tube with a Salvimar Voodo muzzle and a Pathos D1 handle with the wide Ermessub DR trigger for D1 … some 2 x 14.5mm small ID bands … a good shaft … a little elbow grease … and you certainly have a gun that is better than anything you can buy off shelf.

What is it specifically about the Salvimar Voodoo muzzle that you like so much?
Does it stand out from the crowd?
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:00 PM   #6
spearq8

I bought every possible muzzle I could get my hands on and always like to try different muzzles on my pipe guns. I do have a muzzle that I think is perfect but I have to 3D print that. The closet thing that comes to what I think is perfect for a pipe gun is the Voodoo muzzle. There is the simple muzzle and then another attachment you buy that goes on the pipe itself (with some modification). The additional part creates a ramp that elevates the bands higher up in line with the shaft and allows stable flat shaft flight even when you push the bands. On the Pathos tube this additional part is difficult to put on as the pipe has a shaft guide, and so that takes some work ... but you can get some pipes that are smooth and thus easy to put on. Another option is to just get the front muzzle part and use epoxy putty to finish the path of the ramp of the muzzle to the pipe.

I also like the forward "bull horn" line guide ... in my experience this type of line guide is best and causes the least amount of band tangles.
spearq8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:05 AM   #7
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Quote:
I bought every possible muzzle I could get my hands on and always like to try different muzzles on my pipe guns. I do have a muzzle that I think is perfect but I have to 3D print that. The closet thing that comes to what I think is perfect for a pipe gun is the Voodoo muzzle. There is the simple muzzle and then another attachment you buy that goes on the pipe itself (with some modification). The additional part creates a ramp that elevates the bands higher up in line with the shaft and allows stable flat shaft flight even when you push the bands. On the Pathos tube this additional part is difficult to put on as the pipe has a shaft guide, and so that takes some work ... but you can get some pipes that are smooth and thus easy to put on. Another option is to just get the front muzzle part and use epoxy putty to finish the path of the ramp of the muzzle to the pipe.

I also like the forward "bull horn" line guide ... in my experience this type of line guide is best and causes the least amount of band tangles.
I actually have that muzzle, too in a box somewhere. I just remember feeling Salvi wasted a bit too much real estate with the large band opening. But the ramp is interesting, I might try this muzzle on something in the future.
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:21 AM   #8
Andrew Makely

I picked up one of these barrels from Makoa. Thanks Makoa! I am still debating what to build with it but I am either going to do a standard 2 band gun with that meandros x4 muzzle or a roller. Probably the standard to start. That muzzle (even though so ugly) seems to solve all band elevation issues. It just looks like it makes sense. Also stupid expensive. Solves uneven band loading issues as well as hopefully giving a parallel sight line between upper band and shaft for aiming purposes. All this is theory of course till I actually try one. Will go with a pathos 1 handle with the new emeresub mech and aussie reel i already have.
Andrew Makely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:24 AM   #9
Andrew Makely

Also I know you all love the European companies for shafts but i bend them all the time. Think i am going back to Rob Allen shafts for anything 7.5 and smaller even though I lose band stretch in all likelihood. If you want to know the difference put one in a drill press and try to drill a hole through it.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:39 AM   #10
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Makely View Post
I picked up one of these barrels from Makoa. Thanks Makoa! I am still debating what to build with it but I am either going to do a standard 2 band gun with that meandros x4 muzzle or a roller. Probably the standard to start. That muzzle (even though so ugly) seems to solve all band elevation issues. It just looks like it makes sense. Also stupid expensive. Solves uneven band loading issues as well as hopefully giving a parallel sight line between upper band and shaft for aiming purposes. All this is theory of course till I actually try one. Will go with a pathos 1 handle with the new emeresub mech and aussie reel i already have.

Are you referring to this head!

kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:24 AM   #11
Andrew Makely

ya maybe I am crazy
Old 10-06-2019, 02:52 AM   #12
popgun pete

Basically a modern take on the four socket Champion in-line band pull muzzle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	champion four socket muzzle.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	244170  
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:55 AM   #13
Andrew Makely

So much waste still though. Could probably tie spectra off of the upper attachment points for two bands per side and get them both higher and in line. Would be a fun experiment
Old 10-06-2019, 03:16 AM   #14
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
this the muzzle in question?

https://www.scubastore.com/f/124/124...pen-muzzle.jpg
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:18 AM   #15
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

tho the band risers on this muzzle are integral
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2BDD515B-69A4-40EB-8B70-048366C203D2.jpeg
Views:	97