Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Freshwater Shooting

Freshwater Shooting Live inland, away from the ocean? Tell us about freshwater hunting here.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #16
Topaz

Re: bull shoals bankside

Think of the damage you will be capable of when you get a boat! Usually adventure starts at waters edge...
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:25 AM   #17
CozyComic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWFishSlayer View Post
dude, that bites. I hate those smart phone gps', and it sounds like you just learned the hard way what happens when you put to much trust in them. Do what I did and get an atlas and map out your rout before you go. they dont lose signal or run out of batteries.
And I sure hope you have better luck on the next one.
I might just have to XD
CozyComic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #18
CozyComic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Think of the damage you will be capable of when you get a boat! Usually adventure starts at waters edge...

That is something I am really looking into just need to get the license first.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #19
CozyComic

There is some good news though I did get my wetsuit out of the trip just leaves a stringer, weight belt, and weights to go. They are farmer john style but I got them for 30 bucks used but still good. I don't like my bare arms so I just wear under armor over the straps. ^_^
Old 06-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #20
livetofish

sorry to hear about that! on a positive note you didnt miss too awful much! i've went pretty much every day this week ( we live close to the lake so its not that much effort to go) but its pretty murky! most days its dingy on top until you're about 4-5 feet down then its kinda clear on the bottom. still not that clear though. and the waters up a lot!!! its all in the green briars and all that grass can get you in a tangled mess. hopefully if it doesnt rain and the wind isnt too bad this week things will start to clear up (: as far as the rules go.. its just carp,gar,drum and suckers. after the 15th we can shoot anything besides bass ( smallmouth,largemouth, and kentuckys) and we also cant shoot flatheads till July 15th. im sure you already know this by now but the regs had me confused for a long time lol. anyways sorry for your run of bad luck! but it will make your trip next time that much sweeter! good luck and stay safe
livetofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #21
CozyComic

sorry I have not posted back in a long time been busy with over time at work. Thanks for the information though. You mentioned black bass species largemouth smallmouth and kentucky. What about whites or stripers I think they are called?
Old 06-13-2015, 08:24 PM   #22
livetofish

i havent seen any stripers to shoot! i'm pretty sure you can kill half the rod and reel limit of either though. i cant get deep enough to get around them so i normally just kill catfish and the occasional walleye or crappie.
livetofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:03 PM   #23
CozyComic

alright cool got another trip in the woodshop going to plan everything out right this time XD
Old 06-14-2015, 05:12 AM   #24
Topaz

I am here cooling my heels waiting on Monday. Hope to go for at least a gear check dive today. Holy crap is it another high water year, or what? You don't have to worry much about striper limits imo I've seen one in 25 yrs. ( he was submarine sized though). May get the lawn mowed today between thunderboomers so as to free up bottom time next week.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:12 PM   #25
CozyComic

Tomorrow game fish season opens wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!