Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

View Poll Results: Assess and Choose Your Primary Real World Personality Type Right Here!
ISTJ - The Duty Fulfiller 1 1.54%
ISTP - The Mechanic 11 16.92%
ISFJ - The Nurturer 0 0%
ISFP - The Artist 3 4.62%
INFJ - The Protector 4 6.15%
INFP - The Idealist 1 1.54%
INTJ - The Scientist 5 7.69%
INTP - The Thinker 7 10.77%
ESTP - The Doer 5 7.69%
ESTJ - The Guardian 3 4.62%
ESFP - The Performer 1 1.54%
ESFJ - The Caregiver 0 0%
ENFP - The Inspirer 4 6.15%
ENFJ - The Giver 3 4.62%
ENTP - The Visionary 5 7.69%
ENTJ - The Executive 3 4.62%
Undecided - I must procrastinate 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Lightbulb Assess and Choose Your Primary Real World Personality Type Right Here!

Assess and Choose Your Primary Real World Personality Type Right Here!

This might be an interesting poll that could yield personal insight for members that could help them in their online lives and real world lives. There are 16 personality types divided into 8 Introvert and 8 Extrovert types. You may have qualities that cross several types, but please choose the primary real world type you would self-assess yourself to be. If you think your online personality is significantly different from your real world personality, please explain how your online personality is different in a post on this thread.

Note that the thread will bump up on the new posts listing with each vote, not just when a post is made to the thread.

ISTJ - The Duty Fulfiller

Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it.

Click here for a detailed description of ISTJ.

ISTP - The Mechanic

Quiet and reserved, interested in how and why things work. Excellent skills with mechanical things. Risk-takers who they live for the moment. Usually interested in and talented at extreme sports. Uncomplicated in their desires. Loyal to their peers and to their internal value systems, but not overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting something done. Detached and analytical, they excel at finding solutions to practical problems.

Click here for a detailed description of ISTP.

ISFJ - The Nurturer

Quiet, kind, and conscientious. Can be depended on to follow through. Usually puts the needs of others above their own needs. Stable and practical, they value security and traditions. Well-developed sense of space and function. Rich inner world of observations about people. Extremely perceptive of other's feelings. Interested in serving others.

Click here for a detailed description of ISFJ.

ISFP - The Artist

Quiet, serious, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict. Loyal and faithful. Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Not interested in leading or controlling others. Flexible and open-minded. Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment.

Click here for a detailed description of ISFP.

INFJ - The Protector

Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

Click here for a detailed description of INFJ.

INFP - The Idealist

Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.

Click here for a detailed description of INFP.

INTJ - The Scientist

Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

Click here for a detailed description of INTJ.

INTP - The Thinker

Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.

Click here for a detailed description of INTP.

ESTP - The Doer

Friendly, adaptable, action-oriented. "Doers" who are focused on immediate results. Living in the here-and-now, they're risk-takers who live fast-paced lifestyles. Impatient with long explanations. Extremely loyal to their peers, but not usually respectful of laws and rules if they get in the way of getting things done. Great people skills.

Click here for a detailed description of ESTP.

ESTJ - The Guardian

Practical, traditional, and organized. Likely to be athletic. Not interested in theory or abstraction unless they see the practical application. Have clear visions of the way things should be. Loyal and hard-working. Like to be in charge. Exceptionally capable in organizing and running activities. "Good citizens" who value security and peaceful living.

Click here for a detailed description of ESTJ.

ESFP - The Performer

People-oriented and fun-loving, they make things more fun for others by their enjoyment. Living for the moment, they love new experiences. They dislike theory and impersonal analysis. Interested in serving others. Likely to be the center of attention in social situations. Well-developed common sense and practical ability.

Click here for a detailed description of ESFP.

ESFJ - The Caregiver

Warm-hearted, popular, and conscientious. Tend to put the needs of others over their own needs. Feel strong sense of responsibility and duty. Value traditions and security. Interested in serving others. Need positive reinforcement to feel good about themselves. Well-developed sense of space and function.

Click here for a detailed description of ESFJ.

ENFP - The Inspirer

Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.

Click here for a detailed description of ENFP.

ENFJ - The Giver

Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.

Click here for a detailed description of ENFJ.

ENTP - The Visionary

Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into "one-up-manship". They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.

Click here for a detailed description of ENTP.

ENTJ - The Executive

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

Click here for a detailed description of ENTJ.

SOURCE - The definitions of each personality type are here:

http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

Last edited by SpearMax; 04-14-2013 at 04:57 PM.
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
JimCuda
Barracuda Handshake

Re: Assess and Choose Your Primary Real World Personality Type Right Here!

I've spent some time learning the Meyer's Briggs Type Indicator as part of leadership training. It's useful to be able to help understand people's preferences. While I am introverted, many will assume that I'm an extrovert because it tend to be "gregarious", but that's explained on my personality page.

Point of Clarity: this isn't your personality all the time, just what your preference is, or what you fall back on. You can also exhibit traits of the other categories, but emulating them can be draining.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
surf_dude

ENTP - Visionary
surf_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
Aaron Proffitt+

ESFP - LOL...been assigned that one before in a personality profile.
Aaron Proffitt+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
'o Cino
Help! He's got me!

Voted

You don't have a catagory for "F'n God-Like" Worked with some surgeons that would fit that to a tee.

I'm a simple country-bumpkin, and only catagorize personalities in 3 types:

Wolf
Sheep
Porcupine

Tank or Free, it's good with me
'o Cino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
bama6977

Tested several times and always either ISFP or ESFP. Most indepth test was ISFP
bama6977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
Burg John
hogfish ceviche bitches

Always thought there were two kinds of people in this world, people who try and people who do.

I am a doer.

1996 seadoo xp 800
2003 lowe 1648
1994 aquasport 22.5
1973 chriscraft 30
Burg John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
Sweet Tooth

How come these tests never have any results like:
JERK- Obnoxious, lazy and vindictive. Unable or unwilling to contribute to others, or in some cases even themselves. Will take anything that is offered while offering nothing in return. Generally viewed as a fraudulent waste of oxygen.
Sweet Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #9
Fis_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCuda View Post
I've spent some time learning the Meyer's Briggs Type Indicator as part of leadership training. It's useful to be able to help understand people's preferences. While I am introverted, many will assume that I'm an extrovert because it tend to be "gregarious", but that's explained on my personality page.

Point of Clarity: this isn't your personality all the time, just what your preference is, or what you fall back on. You can also exhibit traits of the other categories, but emulating them can be draining.
ISTP at home

ESTJ at work
Old 04-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

ENTP for me.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Stone

I voted ENTJ, but I also have come up ENTP and INTJ. As anyone who has taken the course knows, there is a numerical score associated with each letter. If your P score is 18 and your J score is 19, you pretty much live in both worlds. If your E score is 30 and your I score is 7, you probably unwind by partying all night long.

Emerald Coast Reef Association
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #12
fishkilla
Slayographer

Send a message via AIM to fishkilla

according the chinese calendar i've seen at the all you can eat buffet off of CR 579 since i was born in Feb in 1980 i'm a monkey.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #13
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Talking Re: Assess and Choose Your Primary Real World Personality Type Right Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkilla View Post
according the chinese calendar i've seen at the all you can eat buffet off of CR 579 since i was born in Feb in 1980 i'm a monkey.

Ben, we all know you are "off the chart"
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #14
rojodiablo
My spawn kills on....

Shoot; I see at least 4 or 5 of these that fit major parts of my life. So, I chose undecided.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
shootmeagain
Registered bum

Horn Dog- they left that off, yep that would have a big one