Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Old 11-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #91
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Re: Guys killed a giant pacific octopus

Well said Mepps and dont forget they have the state considering closing that fishery down and they couldn't be happier. I dont trust guys like Samson who are excited that the state is going to close down a fishery. Put limits on size, catch total or duration of season but closing it down is extreme and while he claims to spearfish he is siding with the anti-fishing groups
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #92
pensacolaracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
but I can't for the life of me understand why almost nobody has the nerve to stand up and condemn the hysterical hate campaign unleashed on this guy!
There are those that are, over on Scubaboard. And a few of them are doing a very good job of it. So good in fact that the post got locked down for a while.

I used to live up there and dive with many on Northwest Dive Club.

I am appalled with some of the hate filled comments directed at Dylan.

They say that a man shows his true colors when he is put into a stressful situation and under duress.

For whatever reason, this event has put many people under stress... and their true colors have come shining through. Some of these colors are beyond pitiful.
pensacolaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #93
KDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Im not the biggest fan of the left wing liberal dive masses here in seattle any more than most of you. But most of you guys just dont get it. What these two stupid F*&cking asshats did is go to harvest a "known" octo in scuba diver central. This "cove 2" is the most popular tourist/student diver/downtown ultra lib scuba diver mecca, in probably the entire west coast. GET IT???? Hundreds dive there daily, if not thousands per week. This is also a very small cove. There are only about 3 spots an Octo can make a den there and usually do. The octos there are not only photographed daily, but documented, studied and hand fed by the masses. They name these things and watch them mature, lay eggs and even film the egg hatch. You guys get what Im saying???? This IS a petting zoo for thousands in downtown, extreme liberal, left Seattle.
Then these two idiots jump in the water and yank "Sarah" the octo out of her den and pop up fighting and punching this thing in front of the world. And then drag it and throw it alive and squirming into the back of the pick up truck. Then they proceed to tell the upset divers to go F&^K off and threaten to come back to do it again tomorrow. These guys arent spearos'. They went and pulled an octo, that they knew was there because everyone in the damn world knows its there cause it has been for YEARS!!!! They went down and pulled this thing up and killed it because they wanted to see if they could, and then told the world to kiss their asses, cause its legal.

What these idiots did is enrage not only a city, or a state, but the nation and beyond. They have galvanized the local scuba industry to be violently opposed to spearfishing. Something that we, I, have been fighting against, lobbying with the WDFW against for years. We only get three weeks a year as it is here as it is!!!! We are the minority by a 1000-1 ratio against divers and a 100000-1 ratio to hook and line guys. GET IT??? All our work, my work.. gone due to these assholes in one careless stupid event. Thanks a F&^king lot you ignorant little pricks!
I gotta reluctantly agree with this. Prima Facie, I thought "what's legal is legal and those who disagree should do some more research into where their food comes from". However after doing some reading and research it seems clear that these two did this with the intention of incitement.

Furthermore, they are certified asshats. They have FB pictures of themselves standing pointing shotguns at each other's heads ( I love guns and own a dozen but that's asinine), photos of snakes with firecrackers stuffed down their mouths, a youtube video of themselves blowing up chickens with an airbag, a photo of one of them posing like an ass under a white board with some vile racist stuff written on it and so on and so on.

Oh and one of them got himself bent and spent 8 hours in a chamber and is proud of it. Now I know DCS can happen but when you are a self described amateur diver and 18 it demonstrates that dude likes doing irresponsible things and bragging about the damage incurred. Now I'm not against scuba and spearing on scuba but I don't think that it's fair chase and I don't respect it. Do it sure but I'm not going to admire your courage. (save for those crazy dudes in the Gulf diving oil rigs).

These kids are punks, yes, they were within their legal right to hunt that octo but their intentions were bad. I don't fault hunters, spearos etc as I am one myself. But I can't stand punks and wasteful pieces of raciest trash who harm animals for pleasure of it and to provoke others.

If it was a good honest hunter/spearo who took an octo at a site he worked to find and people were giving him crap for it, he (or she) would have my back 100%. These kids put on their scuba gear, went to the closest place the pacific ocean is to an aquarium and took an octo and beat the hell out of it for the sake of provoking the "PETA Hippys". F-em
KDK is offline   Reply With Quote