Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 10-21-2002, 09:27 PM   #1
WildBillTX

Where the hells all the Texans?????

Whats up! I know I am not the only Texan interested in spearfishin'.

Well, I decided to start a new thread since there hasn't been much action in here for a while.

Texans, Sound out and let us know who and where ya'll are located. Please share with us your favorite huntin waters here in the lone star state.

I am just starting out and would like to know some good spots to practice (Live in Dallas) and if one part of our long coastline is better than others. Also, how late/early in the year have ya'll dove on the rigs. What is the water temp and action like in the fall-winter-early spring months like.

Thanks all.

Bill
Old 10-22-2002, 06:51 AM   #2
Steel Shootin'

Hey, Bill. I think you might be the only Texan in here. You need to go round up some more, because I'd like to learn more about the waters you guys hunt in the upper Gulfcoast. We've only been online for about a month, but more out of staters are starting to trickle in.

Dallas is well into the interior of the state. How long of a drive do you have to make it to some decent hunting waters?
Steel Shootin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 03:42 PM   #3
WildBillTX

Too Far

The closest place I go is Freeport just south of Houston. There are a couple of Charters there that run liveaboard trips out into the gulf to the Flower Gardens and stop off for a dive on the rigs on the way back in. Down near port aransas there are several folks runnin day trips out to the rigs. It is too much of a drive to dive just for the day but not too bad if you go down for 3-4 days.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:41 AM   #4
Larry

Here is one Texan!

Fot those not so familar with the central and lower Texas coast here are a few web sites you might check (all offer spearfishing charters). In Corpus Christi: Copelandsinc.com (oldest dive shop in Texas, JBL dealer and offers spearfishing speciality course), and Scubaventure.com (AB Biller dealer); in Port Aransas frogmans.com (Riffe dealer); in South Padre divesouthpadre.com (nice web site); and in Wimberley tbdiving.com (runs small charters 3 to 4 people, and SS dealer). It's nice to post in a non PC hostile site. Happy Hunting
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 12:29 PM   #5
Shooter Dan

WB, Welcome to the board. Shoot an email around to the dive shops or shooters that you know. I'd love to learn more from you guys on the west gulf side.

Please post some of those monsters from the rigs when you get a chance.
Shooter Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 08:42 PM   #6
Homeyllama

Add one more

I'm from Beach City, Texas......on the north side of Galveston Bay. Great to see a spearfishing board,as I'm just getting into it.I love hunting, I love diving, put um together.....gotta be Heaven.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:51 PM   #7
richhermes
Nappy Headed Ho

Just curious.

How did you find out about the board, Homey??
richhermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 09:01 PM   #8
Homeyllama

Scubaboard

Saw a post from Larry on scubaboard.I just clicked the link.......and here I am. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:54 PM   #9
blue gun
BOOM

Welcome all. After reading that article by spear one I have wanted to see some pics of those oil rigs and the fish they hold. That was some cool shit.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:05 PM   #10
WildBillTX

I will try post some pics soon

I havent been down to the rigs since August. I will try to get down there sometime in the next month. I have been hitting Cozumel every 4-5 weeks and have one more trip to the island in early november. After that one, I will be trying to make a couple trips down to the texas coastline so will make sure to bring my digital camera and get some pics both up and under for all of ya'll.

Best Regards,

Bill
Old 10-24-2002, 06:03 AM   #11
Steel Shootin'

Quote:
Originally posted by Homeyllama
Saw a post from Larry on scubaboard.
By the way, THANKS Larry for putting up that post. That was very cool, and I think about 15 people came in just yesterday, probably most from scubaboard. I like scubaboard, but it is not "spear friendly."

I do wish Uncle Pug would register on spearboard so I could harrass him over here. Actually, that guy knows more about diving than just about anyone you could hope to ever talk to.

Scubaboard = tea & crumpetts at a "chic" cafe;
Spearboard = boilermaker at a Harley Bar
Steel Shootin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 06:31 AM   #12
greyface

Don't **** with Texas! I was born in Odessa,(stinkin' ass oil town) but thank God our family moved to St. Aug. before I was 1 month old! I concider myself a Floridian, but, all my roots are in the great state of Texas. Both sides of family, from Denver City, to Waco, from Witchata Falls, to Mesquite, from Atlanta (Tx), to Padre Island.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:41 PM   #13
joens

another texas shooter on board

I am a new shooter on board .are any other texans still around I dont see any recent posts.
Joens