Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 06-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #16
jersymudsniper

Re: New spearo, Salvimar Predathor Vuoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Sniper View Post
Sorry for bringing up a old thread but have you had any luck finding that spare shaft for your predathor vouto? I can't seem to find one anywhere.
Ive bought a bunch of shafts for my salvimar darkside. Same gun as predathor just carbon fiber. Getting salvimar parts in the usa is a pia. For shafts i have bought sigalsub and even a mares cryano shaft will work. Just get same diameter shaft. Ive switched out the muzzle with stc kit. Switched piston also. I either use a mares sten piston or stc.Doesnt work any better just tired of trying to locate salvimar airgun parts.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #17
Coral Sniper
Pineisland Freediver

Thank you Jersymidsniper, how did you feel about the vouto dry muzzle? Why did you swap over to the stc kit? I noticed the rubber seal on mine ripped right away, guess it dried out while sitting on a shelf, the replacement one is still good but do they not last very long?

Ben Carlson
FREEDIVE Fort Myers, Join us on FB!
Coral Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #18
Marco

Pelengas sells better quality seals on Ebay.

Salvimar shafts are the same as Mares, etc. Just the tail of it is different depending on the brand.

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:05 PM   #19
Coral Sniper
Pineisland Freediver

Was able today to get new salvimar seals and shafts for the predathor vouto from Maverick-america.com Mark was great and got me all taken care of!

Ben Carlson
FREEDIVE Fort Myers, Join us on FB!
Coral Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:44 PM   #20
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
The water sitting around the piston nose can be let out before long term storage by pressing the gun down onto a short rod that doubles for the spear tail (the muzzle vacuum seal already being removed). The piston is pushed back from the shock absorber anvil that it usually leans against and any trapped water runs out under the action of gravity. Nemrod made a gadget for doing this on their guns, but in that case it was because the muzzle relief ports were in the wrong place. Wet barrel pneumatic guns don't trap water as the muzzle relief ports let it out. Vacuum barrel guns don't have muzzle relief ports, hence their propensity to trap water, albeit only in small amounts.
A diagram showing how saltwater traps. Note even vacuum barrel guns have water enter the inner barrel as it was in the muzzle entrance when you loaded the gun underwater with the insertion of the spear tail.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote