Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:16 PM   #16
CuzzA

Re: Bringing an old Biller back to life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Get the quick change over kit. It's worth it as you never know...
For example, I didn't have one and we got a big fish show as we were slowly leaving a wreck area surrounded by sand that was conducive to a freeshaft only gun.
I was still suited and the capt'n asked if anyone was ready to drop. I looked at the finder and said hell yea. We were in 105'. I was met by AJ's at ~40'. They came to greet me and show me where the rest of the fish were.
I followed them back to the mother ship which was a GIANT Southern Atlantic sting ray. Practically everything that inhabits the area was following it as it cruised along the bottom, including some monster Cobia.
Suffice to say, I would've had one of those ~80lb Cobia had I had this gear. Also, this reminds me of another monster Cobia I lost at the Air Force tower in the crook of the Panhandle. Always check your line crimps yourself. A well known gun rigger put that one on and I didn't second guess it...'plink' it went after making a solid shot and grabbed a hold of my face mask to keep it from coming off my face in the coming run.
The switch over is also nice to have for the unexpected AJ's even though they are easier to kill than the Cobes.

Edit: Oh, BTW, looks great!
Thanks. Yeah, I think I'll go ahead and add one.
CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:20 PM   #17
CuzzA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear One View Post

I can make those front standoffs for you.....just let me know how thick you need em.
Sounds good. I'll give you a shout this week.
CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:19 PM   #18
Dbrown

I'd add the muzzle flashlight Kevin at Spearfishing Specialties sells. I've been using mine for over a year. I don't baby it. Zero issues. Great light. Integrates into his muzzle. Well designed piece of equipment. That light will complete and optimize your Biller overhaul.
Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote