Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM   #136
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Some Thoughts on Financial Survival

It's easy to buy when you still have dry powder. I'm trying to hang on to what I have at the moment. You still holding tight to F and UAL? IMO, I'd shed the latter in a heart beat. But hey, WTF do I know? Rhetorical, I'm still trying to figure that question out.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM   #137
Bob Ballew

..All of us are learning as we go. This is a new game in town with new rules. I did my homework, made my bets and plan to hold. Hell, I have survived two shark attacks, several men trying to shoot me dead and one attempt to put a shiv in my stomach...Most of the guys I dove with are dead...Then, there is 38 years of marriage and my Spearboard critics....For all of us, the virus is just one more blip on the radar....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; Yesterday at 09:53 AM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM   #138
carrasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It's easy to buy when you still have dry powder. I'm trying to hang on to what I have at the moment. You still holding tight to F and UAL? IMO, I'd shed the latter in a heart beat. But hey, WTF do I know? Rhetorical, I'm still trying to figure that question out.
Marcus,
You are either a prophet or a jinx!
I am holding so much UAL stock that I am dizzy just seeing it ebb and flow like a buoy in the swell. The stock is so diluted that its not likely to bounce very high.

I live for days like these!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:23 PM   #139
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

F has indefinitely suspended US and Mexico production for now. I see both stocks quite troubling for now. I don't see any recovery for either at the moment.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #140
Bob Ballew

Once we buy, we don't pay much attention to the wild girations taking place at present, except when a buy opportunity occurs. It is the long term growth you should aim for..Remember the turtle and hare race fable? The turtle moved slow but steady..the hare ran fast and wore himself out, getting passed by the slow but, steady progress of the turtle, who won the race...Buying depressed stocks is no different...
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote