Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Pole Spears & Slings

All About Pole Spears & Slings What is it about that traditional method of the early hunter/gatherers under the water? These devices are indeed interesting and effective.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
brandon cadalzo

headhunter predator

Anyone know how these things are to load during a long day of diving? Are they easier to manage than a Crist. Don't get me wrong Aaron makes a superb product and I love his stuff. It was just to hard on the shoulder with long term use.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
jstiver09

headhunter predator

Explain what hard on the shoulder means...the actually weight of the spear swinging hurt your shoulder or having it loaded? Because it your talking about holding it loaded then you're talking more about the band which is easily changed for something lighter or longer. The HH is lighter and can be used better with less power but the band is your problem not the spear.
jstiver09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
brandon cadalzo

Re: headhunter predator

I apologize. Yes the band stretch. Holding something like a riffe spear is a lot easier on my shoulder. I was just wondering how the head hunter compared.
brandon cadalzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #4
jstiver09

I tied a few different lengths and diameter bands for my Crist when I had it. One for me, my wife, etc. but the lighter spears are going to be more friendly due to the amount of power you need to push it. The Riffe spear is easier bc it's band is not as hot...that's it.
jstiver09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
Lyterkillsling
Shaft'n Captain

I enjoy the headhunter . But maybe you should play with different bands. I love my Keller a little more, and I would say it's like a crist, there just I tough spears.

BenthicOceanSports.com
Descentspearfishing.com
Lyterkillsling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:11 PM   #6
LoGiiCz

The predator is a very very light carbon spear (less than 2 lbs). The it doesn't require the amount of band power that a Keller or a Christ need to be effective, so you are able to take long and fast shots with weaker bands than other spears.