Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2014 Tournament and Event Archives > 2014 TBSC Spearfishing Challenge - May 2-4, 2014

2014 TBSC Spearfishing Challenge - May 2-4, 2014 Here is the place for information on this Florida west coast tourney

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
Seano de spearo
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 119
Tournament Weather Committee met and the offical decision is...

The TBSC tournament committee, which is made up of all the current officers and the past President have spent a lot of time on conference calls today to make a decision as to whether to have the TBSC Challenge this weekend or to move it to the reserved official tournament rain-date of May 16, 17 & 18, 2014.

We have voted unanimously to move the tournament to the rain-date weekend (two weeks from this weekend).

The Reasons:
The official NWS (NOAA) forecast at the 4:02pm posting, as of today (Thursday May 1st), for Saturday May 3rd, is for 10-15 knot seas out to 20miles from most of the counties on the west coast of Florida and for many other counties on the East coast of Florida, as well. The seas being 3 to 4 feet (with occasionally bigger rogue waves) was not the primary reason for the postponement; the forecasted numerous rain and thunderstorms are what swayed the committee. This weather pocket is from the same nasty and deadly weather that recently has cost human lives and billions in damage over most of the southern USA. All the weather forecasters have declared that this is an unusual system for this time of year and they are amazed that a front this strong has come this far south. This is a very strong and bad system, and every effort to forecast this storm has been plagued by erroneous forecasts that have led to people not being prepared for the actual strength of the storms.
Due to the un-predictable nature of this weather system and the dangers that could overcome some of our participants, we officially had to move to the rain-date.

As listed in the rules, there are no refunds due to moving to the rain-dates. In fact, a few of the officers may not be able to make the rain-date, but they still voted for safety for all participants, over their own ability to go spearing. Registration for the tournament will still be open until the end of the Captains' meetings on May 16th. However, Early registration will not be extended.

For any questions, please contact our TBSC President, TJ at: irishbuddha@me.com
Seano de spearo is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com