Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2005 Tournament Archives > Hell Divers 2005 plus earlier and later years

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Botomnout

I just talked to my buddy Bottomnout, Johnathan Noble, and found out he was in Bay Marchand,as I write this at 9pm, Wednesday night, pumping the balls to the Evinrude 235 POS he went out on, because the fuel pump went out, he was doing 5 mph on "The Scantiuary",,,,I can feel the knats, horseflies and mosquitos the area is famous for, biting me right now. Hope you shot enough fish for that adventure.

When you get old enough you will realize when it's not favorable conditions,, you don't GO!!!

You're hardcore little buddy, and every stupid mistake, makes you smarter.

Rok out

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:07 AM   #2
Rig Magician

Re: Botomnout

Damn that has got to suck, he will have some red welps on him for days.
Rig Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:20 AM   #3
Don B

Went out with an Evinrude?
Old 05-26-2005, 07:42 AM   #4
Big Pig
Ken Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don B
Went out with an Evinrude?
Not just any old Evinrude, but a 235 Evinrude. What a POS
Old 05-26-2005, 07:48 AM   #5
ROCK BOTTOM

The best thing that ever happened to my '83 Mako was when the 235 Evinrude was stolen off of the back. Repowered it with a Yamaha and ran that bitch until '97 with no repairs and almost zero maintenance. That Yamaha 250 was the bomb.

Zz
You got to move your ass."

The Radiators
ROCK BOTTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:49 AM   #6
ROCK BOTTOM

Pig,

I 235 Evinrude was shaft rated and not prop rated, so it was an even bigger POS than most would suspect.

Zz
You got to move your ass."

The Radiators
ROCK BOTTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:31 AM   #7
LASeaCat
Helldivers

Too bad Jerred and Jonathan missed the TOW US presentation at the meeting! That would be the best $119 that they ever spent!!
LASeaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

I blew up the 235 Evenrag on my 23 Mako, put the 200 YaMama on and NO PROBLEM!!!

Of course now that I posted this my motor will probably blow up the next time I go out.

I do better calling my boat the POS it is. Besides it almost sank in the lake last week.

Rok out

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:59 AM   #9
Big Pig
Ken Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK BOTTOM
Pig,

I 235 Evinrude was shaft rated and not prop rated, so it was an even bigger POS than most would suspect.

Zz
That engine was the origional on my old Mako before it was replaced . The origional owner couldn't even insure the boat because the max HP rating was 225 and that shaft rating at 235 screwed him.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #10
bottomnout

Well I'm back home sitting here scratching every inch of my body that is not sun burn.
What a trip. The day started out as usual. We get down to grand isle a see flat calm seas. The water looked like a giant flat piece of silk as far as the eye could see, oh yea it was 10:30am, a normal "Skantuary" middle of the week hangover start. Going over the grand isle bridge i looked at the water on the fishermans pier and could see about 6ft down the piling. My blood began pumping and i was ready. We headed to the camp to pick up my gear that was locked in the shed only to realize yes I forgot the ****in keys!!! Very upset I said **** it lets go. I gathered up a bunch of shitty gear from my fellow members of team Skank, One shitty mask, no wet suit or coveralls to be found, one rob allen float line, two orange rotten life jackets for my floats, a Riffe Com#2 equiped with a flopper, and to top it all off a kids snokel i bought as a joke to **** with the new guys. No big deal, I'll free dive all day and have a good time, lets roll.
We get to the marina all pumped up and ready to put the boat in the water and yes you guessed it, no KEYS!!!!!! We waited an hour or two for my buddies wife to bring the keys and we were ready to rock and roll.
We headed out all smiles because this was one of the flatest days the Skank had ever seen. You could tell she was loving it. Her newly face lifted hull cut through the 6 inch, 5sec apart wavers like butter. She was sailing to 80s rock tunes we all know by heart passing each rip at 35mph. We headed to the newly named ST Filthys where we pulled up to see a 40# lemon swiming with his 30# friends. Excited we were sliping into the warm green water to find a ripping current and 10ft of murk. But as every good freedive, like myself, knows he can use a nasty murk to his advantage. There I sit on the surface choking on salt water due to my ****ed up kiddie snorkle thinking how am I going to make it today like this. I put a few snapper in the boat and was ready to move on to the next rig, getting eaten by nats due to my exposed skin, when My buddie comes up with no shaft. Lost in Davey Jonse's locker for ever was the shaft, I been watching to much Star W. So, down to two pea shooting guns and three divers. With this horrid burning salty throat I told Blake we will share my gun as long as I can use his mask and snorkle. He didnt mind one bit and neither did I. We came up with a plan they will freedive the rig first and I will take the much too small shitty dive gear to the bottom and string up some grouper. Being the kick ass diver I am, I dominated. We dove to the sun was about to go down and were ready for the 25mile run back to the launch with two 150s full of fish. We had to make this run quick due to what happened to the running lights last week. "Lets roll" we shouted and began the adventure home.
Well we made it about a mile before being thrown to the front of the boat only to hear sputtering from the back. Right away the captain knew what happened to the 2003 evi Ram 230. She has never let us down before and I still have the upmost respect and confidence in her. Fuel pumps out, we are going to have to pump this ball the whole way home. If you have ever had to do this you know it sucks, but how many of you have done it 25 miles? I really sucks. At one point I thought we were going to get passed up by a boat pushing skimmers. It really sucks when bug are eating you alive and there is nothing you can do about it but pump the ball faster. We left at 1pm and made it back for 11pm.

So here I sit, a man broken in spirit, covered in bug bits, equiped with a nasty sun burn and horribly sore forearms. I keep telling myself "I am a rig diver, I am an elite diver who cannot let things like this get to me, I have chose this life and I must face what is thrown at me no matter how nasty a curvball it is." Who am I kidin, It ****ing sucked ass, I'd rater stay home and get kicked in the nuts ever hour for every hour I spent out there.
Jonathan Nobile

Last edited by bottomnout; 05-26-2005 at 01:29 PM.
bottomnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #11
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Wow! It is hard to believe that there is a 2thirstyfive nonlooper still running out there! Something really funny is that a good friend of mine has a 275 V8 Evinrude on the back of his 23 Seacraft.....It runs like a top and smokes like a train....you could'nt pour gas over side in 5 gallon buckets faster than that thing can burn it. The cool thing is the cowl doubles as a liferaft for 3 people if the boat sinks.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:11 PM   #12
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Great report!
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #13
biggsy
No, it's a sachel

Send a message via AIM to biggsy Send a message via Yahoo to biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomnout
I'd rater stay home and get kicked in the nuts ever hour for every hour I spent out there.
Here you go brother...
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2005, 01:41 PM   #14
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Good one, Biggsy!
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #15
bottomnout

Oh yea, We ran out of beer, water, and cigs the first hour of the jorney home.
Biggsy I would take that any day over nats, horseflys and mosqitos. Thats a sick pic .
bottomnout is offline   Reply With Quote