Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands Aloha - Paradise exists for the shooters of the Hawaiian Islands

Old 10-18-2015, 01:42 AM   #1
Spearanger

And now moving away from Hawaii

So a little more than a year ago I posted to this board that I was moving to Hawaii. This past year has been one of the most exciting and eventful years of my life. Hawaii is everything that I had hoped it would be. The only regret I have is that I am not able to stay longer. Moving to Hawaii was by far the best decision I have ever made for both my family personal life, and career advancement.

I will be here for one more month roughly. Unfortunately, my diving opportunities are going to come to a screeching halt with my next move. I will be moving to Death Valley California. Since I won't have nearly the access to water that I have had here, I am going to be selling off some of my gear.

I bought a Riffe CX4 from Rob up at Blue Water hunter shortly after moving here. It has a reel on it and is still in great shape. I'd like 500 for it.

I have been using a free dive recovery vest since moving here. Diving deeper and mostly alone, this has been a very big peace of mind item for my wife. I've never needed it, but I know that no matter what happens, I'll always make it back to the surface. I have it listed on the boards under member items for sale and description of it. It's listed for 1000 dollars.

The last item I have is a shark shield. All I can say is that it works. If you ever have that jaws theme song play in the back of your mind, this will make it go away. I honestly don't wear it anymore, usually keeping it with my dive flag, and stringer. I did use it last week though lobster diving late at night. Jumping off the boat and shining my light down into the black when I jumped too early and was still too deep made me say F&$K THAT and jump back in the boat and strap on the shield. It was a peaceful and productive dive after that. 300 dollars is what I'm asking for shark shield.

I'm still working at Pu'uhonua o Honaunau for another month. If you'd like to meet up with me and check any of the stuff out, message me here and I'd be glad to hook up with you.

I'm glad to have gotten to meet many of you guys in the community. I've made life long memories, and my life is better for having met many of you and had this experience.
Spearanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
Jakeup

Re: And now moving away from Hawaii

Random I know, but were you able to sell all your gear? I'm looking for an FDR
Jakeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Spearanger

vest and shark shield have been sold.

I've got a Riffe 3x comp with reel bought from bluewater hunter for sale and a sea stinger 3 prong

All other useful gear has been picked over
Spearanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:19 AM   #4
blueopium

I have a brand new, never used vest, I'd be willing to sell .
Message me if your interested . @ jakeup
blueopium is offline   Reply With Quote