Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
NiceCatchAustin

North Carolina Dive Buddies/Boats

Hey guys! I’m living in the Wilmington, NC area for this summer and am looking to try to spend as much time in the water as possible. I’m wondering if there’s anyone here that'd be interested in meeting up and hunting some fish sometime? I freedive when i spearfish and am comfortable hunting down to 70 feet, FII Lvl1 certified, and have all the gear i should need (only missing a boat) so I shouldnt be too big of a hassle! If you’ve got a boat, I’d be more than happy to pitch in on gas and if you shore dive (are there even shorediving spots in the area?) I’m definitely good for buddying up
NiceCatchAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
the_shootist

Re: North Carolina Dive Buddies/Boats

Hey Austin,
I live south of Raleigh but I plan on going to Wilmington/Wrightsville at least a couple times over the summer. So far I haven't read about good grounds except for what's miles off shore, but I'm still not completely convinced shore dives would be a waste of time.

I don't have a boat either, and if we can't find anyone who does, I'm open to splitting charter costs between divers. There are at least a couple that operate in or near Wilmington.

Looks like our skill sets are pretty comparable, so you don't worry about anyone getting left in the dust. Let me know if you want to exchange info.

- Jimmy
the_shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
NiceCatchAustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_shootist View Post
Hey Austin,
I live south of Raleigh but I plan on going to Wilmington/Wrightsville at least a couple times over the summer. So far I haven't read about good grounds except for what's miles off shore, but I'm still not completely convinced shore dives would be a waste of time.

I don't have a boat either, and if we can't find anyone who does, I'm open to splitting charter costs between divers. There are at least a couple that operate in or near Wilmington.

Looks like our skill sets are pretty comparable, so you don't worry about anyone getting left in the dust. Let me know if you want to exchange info.

- Jimmy
Definitely interested! Ill send you a PM
NiceCatchAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
FreedomDiver

I'll be in Jacksonville NC for the next week or so and looking to do some spearfishing.
FreedomDiver is offline   Reply With Quote