Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Old 11-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
randomgrenade86

Question new to the spear

hello... im 25 and have been hook and line fishing all my life on long island. recently a friend gave me a pole spear he had found while cleaning an unused room in his new house. i am very interested in getting into spear fishing but i seem to be having a hard time finding regs. so if anyone can help me with a few questions that would be great. first do i need a special permit or license? (i am already on the salt water registry) is the size/bag limit and season the same as hook and line sport fishing? are there certain tips and ponts i need for diff. species of fish? or prohibited spear points? any help with any of these questions will be a greatly appreciated. thank you
randomgrenade86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Freedvrjim
straight shooter

Re: new to the spear

Welcome to the board! You have a lot time for reading and doing research until spring and this forum will teach a young gun the correct way.
Many knowledgeable Speros on this board have made in depth (pun intended) contributions, you just need to research the thread topics and have the down time (oops, there I go again) to learn.
Good Luck, Jimmy
Freedvrjim is offline   Reply With Quote