Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Louisiana Council of Underwater Diving Clubs

Louisiana Council of Underwater Diving Clubs Information that relates to the LCUDC is posted here for discussion.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 02:32 PM   #1
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Golden Meadow Rodeo

The Goldern Meadow Redeo is June 30, July 1 & 2 (sat). June 30 is not a fishing or diving day. It is a party day as the rodeo has a party at the rodeo site from 7 PM to ?, band, etc. Diving and Fishing days are Friday, July 1st and Saturday, July 2nd.

SCALES CLOSE AT 5 PM ON Sat, July 2nd for divers @ Port Fourchon Public Boat Launch. Tickets are $20. No ticket outlets in the New Orleans area. Call Coonie Lefort at 985-232-6033 to commit. Or if in the Goldern Meadow-Leeville-Port Foruchon area between now and the rodeo, tickets can be purchase at serveral locations.

The Times Picayune listed the rodeo from June 30 to July 4, this is incorrect.

Fishes to shoot for: Amberjack, Barracuda, Cobia, Grouper, Jack Crevalle, Mangrove Snapper, Red Snapper, Spadefish, Triggerfish, Sheepshead, and Miscell. (1st only) - King, Club, and Skindiver adwards. Please note certain fishes may not be allowed and/or wt limits on certain fishes in the Miscell category. I hope to find out if any restrictions before the start of the rodeo. If any one has additional information please e-mail me: tgmigaud@cox.net

This information was obtained from Otis-985-632-3800. He is surposed to send me a rodeo flyer via mail. If there are any additional information or changes, I will forward that to you as soon as possible. Any award donations please call Otis or Coonie.

Usually awards are a pick from a prize table with major awards getting a plaque also.

Remember this is only a two (2) day diving event closing early on Saturday by 5PM at Port Fourchon Public Boat Launch (rodeo headquarters).

Terry Migaud, Sec/tre
LCUDC

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
ROCK BOTTOM

Re: Golden Meadow Rodeo

Rok,

I thought you were typing drunk again, but then I see Terry's sig on the bottom.

Zz
You got to move your ass."

The Radiators
ROCK BOTTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Update on the Golden Meadow Rodeo. (Port Fourchon – Public Boat Launch)
I got two (2) flyers this week from two (2) different rodeo officers. One stated eight (8) species of fishes with no miscellaneous. The other stated ten (10) species with no miscellaneous.

I called Coonie Lefort on this. He stated to me that there will be 10 species: Amberjack, Barracuda, Cobia, Grouper, Jack Crevalle, Spadefish, Red Snapper, Sheepshead, Triggerfish, Mangrove Snapper plus 1st place Miscellaneous. (Tarpon must be 60 lbs. or over).

Also three (3) places on the skin diver awards. A King and a Team (club) awards.
Scales are open until 8PM on Friday, July 1 and until 5PM for divers on Sat. July 2, NO EXCEPTIONS. For fishermen it is open until 6PM
Rodeo is open only two (2) days: Friday and Saturday.

Tickets are $20 and must be purchase prior to 8PN on Friday, July 1.
Tickets outlet listed are: H&R Sports Bar, Hwy 308, Cut Off; T-Pops, Hwy 3235, Golden Meadow; Bobby Lynn’s, Hwy 1, Leeville; Bridgeside Marina, Hwy 1, Grand Isle; Songy’s Sporting Goods, Houma; and Golden Meadow True Value, Hwy 1. Rodeo Fryers should be available where you by your tickets. Or by phone payable at the rodeo site: Coonie 985-232-6033. It would be best to buy tickets at one of the about sites.

. NEW LA FISHING LICENSE IS DUE JULY 1ST.

You may go on line to: www.wlf.state.la.us click “Online Hunting and Fishing License Sales”
DEAL: If you 60 or older you may purchase a lifetime hunting and fishing license for $60.
About taken from Sunday, June 26, 2005 Times Picayune page C-14 (Sport Page) under NOTES

Terry Migaud

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

Old 06-28-2005, 07:28 PM   #4
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Update #3,,,?

It sure is tough getting the rules nailed down for this rodeo. But we think we have them.

If I have anymore updates I will send them as soon as I recieve them.

Rok out

----- Original Message -----
To: terry migaud
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 6:19 AM
Subject: Re: golden meadow rodeo - scuba division

Terry,
I went by the Rodeo brochure, here are the fish eligible for the Spearfishing Division:
Amberjack
Barracuda
Cobia
Grouper
Jack Crevealle
Mangrove Snapper
Red Snapper
Spadefish
Sheepshead
Triggerfish
There is a first, second and third place for the above.

There are also trophies for King Spearfisherman, Outstanding Skin Diver, Outstanding Club.
I called Otis Pitre, and was told the ineligible species in Spearfishing Division are Goliath Grouper, Redfish, All Sharks and Tarpons under 60 lbs.

There will be a miscellaneous category in the Spearfishing Division with a first, second and third place winner.

Any further questions, email me.
Susan Callais

terry migaud wrote:

> Susan,
> I received two fryers from two (2) different rodeo mailings. one listed the fishes in the scuba divison as you listed them, another added 2 fishes: tiggerfish and mangrove snapper. In addtion, I talked to Coonie Lefort (985) 2323-6033, he stated the rodeo will have the ten fishes as listed above plus a 1st miscell. and three place for the skindiving awards. The fryers came from the following: PO Box 1165, Larose 70373 and 112 East 114th Street, Galliano 70354. from requests to Coonie and Otis P.
>
> Please let me know as soon as possible what are the correct fishes for the rodeo, as the LA Council of Underwater Dive Clubs (where most of the divers in your rodeo will come from) has an e-mailing list and I can reach most of them before the rodeo.
>
> We do understand all divers must weight in for 5PM Sat.
>
> Thanks,
> Terry Migaud
> tgmigaud@cox.net
> Sec/Tre
> LCUDC

--
check out: http://members.cox.net/dclouis/website.htm

Old 06-28-2005, 07:30 PM   #5
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Event Schedule

EVENT SCHEDULE:
Thursday, June 30
7:00 p.m. Welcome by Admiral Henry Lafont, Jr.

7:00p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Music by Animal Cracker

Friday, July 11
10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Scales Open
1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Kids Catfish Rodeo
7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Music by Seabrook
Auction and Door Prizes

Saturday, July 2
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Scales Open
1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Kids Catfish Rodeo
4:00 p.m. Scales close in the Children Division
4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Music by LA Rose
5:30 p.m. Children's Division Awards
7:00 p.m. Adult Division Awards
Auction and Door Prizes

NEW THIS YEAR
We have deleted the Bull Red from the Children's Division and have added Bass, Brim, and Redfish under 27" to the Adult and Children's Divisions.

ELIGIBLE FISH (HOOK AND LINE)

BIG GAME DIVISION
Tarpon Wahoo
Short Fin Mako Shark Dolphin
Yellow Fin Tuna (Allison) White Marlin
Blue Marlin (Tag & Release)

SHORELINE DIVISION
King Mackerel Barracuda
Spanish Mackerel Jackfish (Carvella)
Cobia (lemon fish) Bonita
Bluefish Amberjack
Red Snapper Grouper
Black Fin Tuna Rainbow Runner
Mangrove Snapper

INSIDE DIVISION
Speckled Trout White Trout
Bull Red (over 27") Sheepshead
Rat Red (under 27") Drum
Flounder Croaker
Bass Brim
Gaff-topsail (saltwater catfish)

ELIGIBLE FISH (SCUBA DIVING)

Amberjack Barracuda
Cobia Grouper
Jackfish Spadefish
Red Snapper Sheepshead

If you need any further information, please contact Susan Callais
aco@mobiletel.com

--
check out: http://members.cox.net/dclouis/website.htm

Old 06-28-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
bottomnout

I read all of this and I still dont know what to shoot.
bottomnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
Wil
Hell Diver

Jonathon, shoot it all and let the weigh master sort it out.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #8
Southern Cross

anybody seen the results for the Golden Meadow Tarpon Rodeo?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:31 PM   #9
fishsticker

Here Are The Resulst. Git Em Won Club And Jason G. Won King.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BOARD.JPG
Views:	437
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	19123  
fishsticker is offline   Reply With Quote