Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 AM   #61
Pirate Dave

Re: DIY inflatable float

im in stuart so if you ever need testing or would ever seel one im right here and waiting
Pirate Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #62
LwrKzUndrH2OHunter
Freedive Spearo

Send a message via AIM to LwrKzUndrH2OHunter

Calla969

Will they be for sale?
Old 09-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #63
calla969

I don't plan on selling them. I don't have the time to make them. But I am more than willing to help people make them. I willprovide the plans I created to make the float and links to supply sources. The sewing is the hardest part and it really isn't that hard. The whole thing takes about 2.5 hours and $40 or so to build. That's with exception to the polyurethane material. I have been unable to find anyone who will sell less than a hundred pound quantity of the stuff. That would make thousands of floats and cost a LOT of money. That stuff is not cheap. I posed as a perspective manufacturer and convinced a supplier to send some material as a sample for free. Otherwise, tou could contact someone who builds and repairs kite bladders (for kiteboarding) and ask them to build a bladder for you. I was quoted $40 for a bladder. The material they use is much thinner than what I used but I'm sure it would be more than adequate.
calla969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #64
Tred007

Bringing this back from the dead. Calla969 you out there? I'm sure the baby is keeping you very busy. Any possibility for an update, links, and schematics. Thanks bud
Tred007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:51 PM   #65
straycat
straycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by calla969 View Post
I like the car inner tube idea, but there is no way you could ever orally inflate it. I don't mind carrying a pump on the boat though, I have more than enough room, plus you can get the really small pumps are made to be carried on a bike, those would fit in a tackle box. I don't think anyone uses tubes in car or truck tires anymore. Where can you get them?
Moodys in Wabasso
straycat is offline   Reply With Quote