Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #16
Apneaddict

Re: 'Come to the Keys' they said, 'Open a jet ski rental, it'll be fun' they said...

You're working hard, putting in the hrs and labour, building a reputation and may very well reap the rewards!!

Not many have a great work ethic down there, so those that do, really stand out!!

Congrats!
Now... I have to visit you in the "off-season" to hope to go diving / spearing with you!

A unique take on Freediving and Apnea:
http://apneaddict.blogspot.com/
Apneaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:16 AM   #17
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Re: 'Come to the Keys' they said, 'Open a jet ski rental, it'll be fun' they said...

Lets play a little game.....called whats in your jet ski fuel tank....

kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:24 AM   #18
Lone Star Spearo
Extreme snorkeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
We have been the busiest ever in 3.5 years at the jets ski rental and have literally been sold out for weeks and busting ass doing 12-14 hour days for the past few months straight. I sleep little and have been tweaking this gun, building my chopper, maintaining my rental fleet getting new skis, building a trailer and my side jet ski repair business on the side...i got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one ....well to be fair, nikki can get a little bitchy but she's just my roommate and business partner hahaha

Our numbers have almost doubled each fiscal year and this month we over tripled our first year.

We have been focusing more on the long term rentals like daily and weekly. Just as a quick example. Last week we had a 2.5 week rental in marathon. 1 ski a hawks cay for a week, now we have 2 skis on sugarloaf for 10 days. We are considering stopping or not advertise one hour rides and just do 2+ hour rides. One hour ride are always the hardest for us and the people on for that long are solely focused on going as fast as they can for that whole time. It takes us a minimum of 25 minuets to get out acclimated with the ski and area before pushing you off sometimes longer...The two hour rentals may very well go as full speed, but we direct them to a nearby island and almost everyone loves it, gets off and hang out (not burn gas)It makes the over all experience so much nicer when you dont have to worry about a clock ticking over your head.

My tours to looe key, private islands and back country eco tour are becoming incredibly popular and people are traveling long distances just to go on them. Furthest we had a group that drove straight to us for a tour was from Ft Meyers, we have ft lauderdale, miami and further south all the time. Our trip adviser reviews are steller and so far 60-65% of our regular customers are repeats and about 80-90% of our long term (daily/weekly) are repeats as well. Once people realize how easy we make the delivery and set up, they are always booking us immediately after they book their property. We just took a ski to shark key in a 2.5 million dollar home...place is so amazing i almost refused to leave, and made the mom adopt me...

I have had MANY MANY MANY spearos come by my shop and have given them places to spear not only with a boat, but from shore. Key West to Marathon. You guys are always more then welcome to come by and shoot the shit, you dont need to rent a ski for beers. Just look for the FREE BEER sign on the side of the road....oh there is a jet ski underneath that awesome sign!
Awesome man! Glad to hear business is booming for you guys.
I hope to take you up on that FREE BEER next year, looking at April timeframe for the trip.

Aloha!
Chad
Old 07-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #19
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

You rock, man! I don't care what these other posters say about you.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #20
Snapper Mangler

Jet skis cant run on water??
Snapper Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #21
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Haha, naw not these. I havnt done the hydrogen conversion on them yet...
Old 07-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #22
Snapper Mangler

How much money are those flying suit things that are jet ski powered?
One or two of those would put you over the top
Snapper Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #23
kwtony
Snorkel Master

The LAST thing i want to do is waste a bunch of money and make my premiums go up higher then they already are. Id rather spend that money on jet skis and not silly toys.