Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #61
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Thumbs up Re: Blue Water Battles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
The devotion, time, effort and $$$$ Dan and Ricky put into making a magical trip like this happen is beyond love for what they do. Dan spends days locked in the compressor room mixing the custom mixes for each dive, for each person, for every day. The shear responsibility that rides on his shoulders is tremendous. Considering what it takes as far as logistics for making a trip like this happen....... well I can honestly say that shooting them is by far the least challenging of what it takes to put fish like this on the boat.
Congratulations my friend..... Just when I think there is no way you can top last years trip, you redefine "Epic". Thanks for all that you do to keep the safari going and keeping us all returning in one piece.
Having seen Dan's trimix set-up at his place a few years ago, I can second Kenny's point here about the compressor room. The Team Headhunter operation is very efficient and obviously very effective. Great report guys! Tony
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #62
wlazz

Re: Blue Water Battles

So when do you guys wanna take me along?? :P I stumbled upon those videos a few days before finding this forum and have been mesmerized (instantly inspired to change to a commercial muzzle on my fathers Seahornet)

PROS!!! You guys are nastyyyy (in the best way)
wlazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #63
Scubadood

Send a message via Yahoo to Scubadood Send a message via Skype™ to Scubadood

Dan after watching the video ,did you air lift bag those slobs up or hand carry
them up from that depth.Anyway that was a great video,makes my next 185
foot planned deep dive look like kindergarten.
Scubadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #64
HeadHunter
Dan MacMahon

That night back dive was interesting to say the least. i enjoy night diving, def worth trying if the conditions are right and you can handle the sharks of the dark.

Kenny was supposed to check under the stern's port side while I had the starboard stern. The plan was to check the stern and if that big Black wasn't under there, to sweep up both sides of the hull, meet at the bow, and if required, to sweep back down both sides of the deck.

Happily, Kenny located the fish under the port stern and we managed to get him out. The vid's pretty funny to me as I said "how we gonna reach em" and Kenny replied.."go up and get a line gun" and he started up at that point. I remember thinking "Fork that", Go up, deco for 15 minutes in the dark....wait 2 hours and dive 250 FSW in the dark again? Def Fork that.

I squirmed underneath the steel hull thinking that "moma said they'rd be days like this", managed to free shaft the fish and starting pulling him out, Randy's shaft from the dive before had dug into the sand and was resisting the fish being pulled out.

Finally got 'em out and Kenny strung him and departed. I gathered up all the equipment and started up. Finally caught up to Kenny at the 40' stop. Interesting deco with AJ's bumping you in the dark for 15 minutes. Nice to see the boat while surfacing under the stars 110 miles offshore! I swear, this is an amazing sport! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JRW...ature=youtu.be

Anyway, hope you like the video...

Smart people realize they know very little.
Stupid people think they know everything.
HeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #65
xpuddlepirate
Sunrise

Send a message via AIM to xpuddlepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
Finally caught up to Kenny at the 40' stop. Interesting deco with AJ's bumping you in the dark for 15 minutes. Nice to see the boat while surfacing under the stars 110 miles offshore! I swear, this is an amazing sport! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JRW...ature=youtu.be

Anyway, hope you like the video...
Aj's bumping you in the dark.....fork that. You guys are DA MAN!
xpuddlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote