Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
StickODynamite!

Send a message via Skype™ to StickODynamite!
Tikka - M695 (.338 Mag) Stainless Synthetic w/ Weatherby Scope & Weaver Mounts

Anyone planning an Elk, Moose, Bear or Mountian Goat hunting...I'm selling a beautiful, Finnish made highly accurate and functional rifle. This round has real knockdown power and the scope & rifle allow you to deliver it.

Rifle: Tikka M695 RH .338 Mag Stainless Barrel Synthetic Stock
Barrel#: 900300
Rounds: 1 Chamber x 3 Magazine
Scope: Weatherby Supreme 3-9 X 44 Scope w/ 1' Weaver Mounts

Firm Asking Price: $975

Shipping costs dependant on buyers preference. PM me to get the ball rolling...Thanks for viewing!

You spend hours on the range zeroing in at 100 or 200 yard with a custom "wooden" stock and find that after 4 hours stomping around in the rain your opportunity to secure a good shot is hampered due to moisture swelling your stock and moving the barrel. This rifle prevents those hours of range time from being lost.

Originally from Missouri, I'd intended on an Alaska hunt which never materialized. This round has real knockdown power and the scope & rifle allow you to deliver it. I've put about 75 rounds through the rifle and hunted with it 3 times.

The gun is overkill for Whitetail but wanted to use it. Ended up taking a buck at just over 300 yards on the family farm in MO. It's been shelved ever since. I'm a bow and open site 30/30 hunter, enjoying stalk and stand hunting for the most part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tikka_1.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	107588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tikka_2.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	107589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tikka_3.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	107590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tikka_4.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	107591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tikka_7.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	107592  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tikka_11.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	107593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tikka_12.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	107594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tikka_13.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	107595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tikka_20.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	107596  
Old 07-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
inletsurf

Re: Tikka - M695 (.338 Mag) Stainless Synthetic w/ Weatherby Scope & Weaver Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickODynamite! View Post
You spend hours on the range zeroing in at 100 or 200 yard with a custom "wooden" stock and find that after 4 hours stomping around in the rain your opportunity to secure a good shot is hampered due to moisture swelling your stock and moving the barrel. This rifle prevents those hours of range time from being lost.
Oh come on, the scope is hard mounted to the barrel, metal to metal contact, insensitive to moisture changes.
inletsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
phil herranen

Re: Tikka - M695 (.338 Mag) Stainless Synthetic w/ Weatherby Scope & Weaver Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inletsurf View Post
Oh come on, the scope is hard mounted to the barrel, metal to metal contact, insensitive to moisture changes.
true but if the stock swells and touches the barel uneveanly it will throw off shots.
this is a very nice rifle i have a 30-06 whitetail myself 5/8" 3 shot groups at 100y out of the box

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
wyomingguide
Down Yonder

Quote:
He means the wooden stock could possibly warp due to the moisture, which in turn could put pressure on the forend of the barrel, which could cause a slight warping of the barrel thus reducing accuracy. Not an issue with synthetic or laminated stocks.

PADI Advanced Open Water and Nitrox certified

Http://www.makospearguns.com/
wyomingguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
wyomingguide
Down Yonder

Quote:
Originally from Missouri, I'd intended on an Alaska hunt which never materialized. This round has real knockdown power and the scope & rifle allow you to deliver it. I've put about 75 rounds through the rifle and hunted with it 3 times.

The gun is overkill for Whitetail but wanted to use it. Ended up taking a buck at just over 300 yards on the family farm in MO. It's been shelved ever since. I'm a bow and open site 30/30 hunter, enjoying stalk and stand hunting for the most part.
I have a solution to your problem! Book a hunt with us out here in Wyoming and kill yourself a big ole Mulie.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
StickODynamite!

Quote:
Actually yes it is insensitive to moisture change.

Metal to metal is far more likely to be affected by an increase or decrease of temperatures, not due to capillary or hydraulic forces. There are extremes to every situation, minimizing the effects of "potential" variances is productive to maintaining a weapons accuracy.

Wood stock vs Synthetic Stock: all the surface area that the wood and barrel have in contact with each other, its far more likely that a wood stock will induce an accuracy change.

Additionally if you maintain the weapon properly by keeping a protective oil barrier around the mounts this would prevent capillary action.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
capreef

I think these are pillor bedded rifles Tikkas are very nice and accurate. Nice rifle!!
capreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
jupiterlocal

Quote:
Scope is mounted to the action, not the barrel as well.
jupiterlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
StickODynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomingguide View Post
I have a solution to your problem! Book a hunt with us out here in Wyoming and kill yourself a big ole Mulie.
I'd love to sometime! Work is calling this season though. My father would take hunt trips to Wyoming for muleys. Beautiful country!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #10
wyomingguide
Down Yonder

Quote:
I'd love to sometime! Work is calling this season though. My father would take hunt trips to Wyoming for muleys. Beautiful country!
I'm from Polk City which is just north of Lakeland so I grewup hunting management areas down that way. Sure is a change of pace out here. If ya'll decide to give it a whirl, gimme a holler.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
wyomingguide
Down Yonder

Quote:
Actually yes it is insensitive to moisture change.

Additionally if you maintain the weapon properly by keeping a protective oil barrier around the mounts this would prevent capillary action.
Agreed. A little oil goes a long ways. Helps keep moisture out of tight places and everyone knows what happens to water when it freezes....Expansion!!!

Old 07-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #12
'o Cino
Help! He's got me!

I use a Tikka T3 Tac, and it's superb! I see this make, as much of an investment, as a work piece. Nice price, good luck on the sale.

Tank or Free, it's good with me
'o Cino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
StickODynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomingguide View Post
I'm from Polk City which is just north of Lakeland so I grewup hunting management areas down that way. Sure is a change of pace out here. If ya'll decide to give it a whirl, gimme a holler.

Do you all use horses for getting in and out of the campsite or while hunting?
I've been pheasant hunting in western nebraska and run into them.

Standing as a blocker next to a lone 10' diameter plum thicket and fence line, for maybe five minutes, as the others got with in about 10 yards this 5 x 5 leap out of that thicket and over that fence within a barrels length of me.

Scared the holy bat shit out of me!

Love this gun, its funny to see someone's reaction after their first pull of the trigger :-).
Old 07-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #14
Teh Wicked

Thats a bad azz rifle, I would love to have it just to shoot. Hell Im not going to lie, I would take it hog and deer hunting. Even bear hunting back up in WV where im from.
Teh Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote