Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 05-01-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
ParkRoo

Freedivers in Santa Barbara

Whats up guys. I'm currently stationed on the Gulf Coast in Florida, but am a Santa Barbara local. I've been free diving for a while, mostly on Catalina Island and a lot since I moved out to Florida.

I am going to be back in town in Santa Barbara between May 5-16. I have buddies who like the water, but none of which are really committed spearos and have all their own gear. Normally I would just go shore dive on my own, however in the wake of this somewhat recent great white sighting/attack and a man recently passing away whilst by himself I figured it'd be smarter to see if I could meet up with anyone else looking for someone to spear with. I've got a whaler in the Santa Barbara harbor, that I'm pretty sure is up and running so we could take that, or shore dive. Either way, I'm looking to dive early mornings for a few hours, and not take the whole day. Let me know if you're interested! PM me, and reply to this thread that you did (Im still trying to figure out this thread BS).

If you're experienced, or pretty new, I don't really care, just would be good to have another body in the water.

Last edited by ParkRoo; 05-01-2017 at 10:07 PM.
ParkRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
Lompoc Local
Errin

Re: Freedivers in Santa Barbara

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Was he the paddleboarder in the harbor?

RIP

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:28 PM   #3
schwaman

Re: Freedivers in Santa Barbara

Pm'd
schwaman is offline   Reply With Quote