Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 06-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #16
joespy66

Re: Bottom conditions out of Sebastian

went to a few of my favorite spots today and a new one I found. Sites were 45' about 14 miles south of sebastian. Vis was anywhere from 10 to 25 ft. Not much current but a chilly 68 on the bottom. We loaded up with some of the biggest trigger I have ever shot. All over 18" with one pushing 24". I wish I knew how to attach a photo

The new spot is a high ledge just south of the disney resort about 1.5 miles out. It had at least 5 of the biggest goliaths I have seen. They were booming before we hit bottom. Pretty cool to see so close.
joespy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #17
SeaFood

Has anyone been out of Sebastian this week? Would be great to have a report. I’m thinking about going out Sunday. Thank’s.
SeaFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #18
SeaFood

Got out on Sunday 80ft ENE out of Sebastian and had 20ft of vis. Temp was about 7 degree difference from top to bottom. Decent little current on the bottom. First dive of the day was the best vis. Second and third vis was about 15ft. Go out if you have the chance.
SeaFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #19
Luke
hammerhead911

Was thinking about hittng 90-100 tomorrow. Any recent conditions reports? Thank you.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #20
DIVERTOM

Send a message via AIM to DIVERTOM Send a message via Yahoo to DIVERTOM

My friends had 10ft out of the Cape today.
DIVERTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:04 AM   #21
joespy66

We got a dive in out of the port yesterday. The conditions were fair. We were in 75ft about 12 miles NE from the port. Bottom temp was high 60's, vis about 15 feet with a 2kt current from the south. You had to go thru a snotty layer at 30ft but it cleared up at 50ft.

Very enjoyable dive. Lots of life but nothing worth shooting. The goliaths were everywhere (>12) and BIG!! It sounde like a battlefield. They were just waiting for me to pull the trigger.

Saw and killed only one lion that was snatched from my spear by a spotted eel. Have they been keeping the population in check along with us?
joespy66 is offline   Reply With Quote