Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 11-09-2018, 02:44 AM   #106
kodama

Re: The Infinite Engines Dreamair moves from dream to reality

I would be interested but only after initial use in the field and some positive reports of users.
Not willing to invest in a prototype or beta version.
Unless itís going to be a game changer in power and accuracy I am afraid that I may remain a niche product.
On the other side I hope that it performs exceptionally well and sets a new standard for innovation.
kodama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:56 AM   #107
popgun pete

Re: The Infinite Engines Dreamair moves from dream to reality

Well the power aspect all depends on the CVT action of the winding drums. They provide varying leverage or gearing as you pull the wishbone back, so besides the efficiency gains from using a near frictionless pneumatic "spring" inside the gun the ability to cock a gun which would normally be too hard to load is where the power advantage will be, the question is how much of an advantage does it confer on your ability to load the gun? Until we get a feel for the loading effort we will be none the wiser and for that we need a gun to try out.

Judging by the sizes of the drums it looks like a 4:1 leverage at the end of cocking with a 1:1 leverage or direct pull at the start. Maybe not quite 1:1 at the start as it is hard to judge the diameters exactly and could be 1.1:1 as outer drum start diameter is slightly larger than inner drum start diameter, but you can judge for yourself using the drum and axle assembly photo. The inner cable which is fully protected from the elements inside the completely sealed inner chamber of the gun is thicker than the outer cables and their respective drum spiral groove widths are sized accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	air powered cable gun drums 2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	240355   Click image for larger version

Name:	CVT action RR.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	240356  

Last edited by popgun pete; 11-09-2018 at 04:47 PM. Reason: more info
popgun pete is online now   Reply With Quote