Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:52 AM   #16
Polespearo
Waterman

Re: Special thanks to Majdq8 for his contribution in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
Thanks for all the kind words! I am happy that many of you found a lot of those posts and videos useful. At least I know all the time I spent on them was not wasted

Been really busy with work and the kids but will try and put up a few more videos on things I think can improve. A lot of progress has been made with triggers. While the Double Roller Triggers is really perfect, it cannot be used in small format boxes that are in pipe guns as you need 2 arms to hold the front roller. But this has been overcome! I know I rub some gun builders and commercial retailers the wrong way, and I am sorry about that. But in the end I think everyone gains when we look at data and accept the results even if they don't come out as expected or as we want them to.
EXACTLY! Take a look at the guns of one of the big gunbuilders that criticized a lot... well everything you said and now it incorpoorates most! So the ones that agree and like what you do are happy and gratefull and the ones that criticize at least in the backroom take and use the good of what you find an share.

It good to know that its family whats keeping u busy. I thiught for a second that all the Childish BS had scared you off contributing.
Thx again for everything
Polespearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #17
AK_FishTech

His test and knowledge has definitely been a game changer!! Thanks Majd!!!
AK_FishTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:27 PM   #18
Silvertriton

Many thanks Majd for the great insight and dedication. We miss your videos!
Silvertriton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:13 AM   #19
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

It's an insane amount of work that Majd has put into all these test and tutorial vids and I, too, am grateful. I feel hesitant when hoping or asking for more from him but on my personal wishlist is an in-depth comparison between different shooting lines:-). If it happens, cool. If not, we are still very lucky with the what we've got so far.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:32 PM   #20
Coos-spearo

Majdq8 did compare mono, spectra and 1.4mm covered stainless braid in a video. That was informational. I ended up going to stainless braid after that and I could not be happier.
Coos-spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:27 AM   #21
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Special thanks to Majdq8 for his contribution in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coos-spearo View Post
Majdq8 did compare mono, spectra and 1.4mm covered stainless braid in a video. That was informational. I ended up going to stainless braid after that and I could not be happier.

Ah, I missed that one. Though Majd mentioned he had a video of it, I misunderstood and thought it might just have been the spectra as part of a gun test. But thanks, I'll definitely check the comparison out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Diving Gecko; 03-09-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote