Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #16
codfishhead

Re: St Maarten any info?

I'm hammered drunk. Cool place to party. Shitty place to spearfish. They def over fished the crap out if this area. Reason it's all so called protected. Even for taking lobster. So I did just break the law. 5 foot of water right at our timeshare with a flashlight. My first night dive. Fukn awesome. Should have done this last night n saved my 1000 dollar dinner bill. 25 bucks a lb for lobsters you pick out at the Resturant. Skip Jacks. Maine lobsters are 35 a lb. matter o fact all fish even in the stores is crazy expensive. Sea bass is 62 dollars a lb. they also don't bleed the dam things put or drop them on ice when caught.

Well heading to the Red Piano bar to meet my dread lock friends.
Party on
Old 12-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #17
DewTheDewDude
Eat Fish.

Merry Christmas! I'm heading there tomorrow. Unfortunate about the lack of fish. Can you get a permit for taking lobster. That's all I'm going for now.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #18
codfishhead

No clue about the permit. If needed it's the only law they follow. Serious lack of care about the laws if they even know what they are. Allan the po po (only police officer I've seen near the resort) thought we we're crazy ass Americans for getting in the ocean at night. In pretty sure after giving him 3 lobsters for him n his wife I could borrow his gun. Also no way i would have caught any if not for a spearpole. Suckers are fast as hell.

Here with great friends n fam (17 of us). Doesn't get much better. We are the party where ever we go. Sunset beach is a major trip. Closest you can legally be under landing jets or stand behind to get hammered by the jet wash. Sick shit n a must to freak watch. Yes I'm dumb/drunk enough to grab the fence when a 4 engine jets is taking off. Unreal experience for sure.

Safe travels
Old 12-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #19
codfishhead

Correction, hook up with some locals n they'll put you on fish. Jacks and several other eatable fish we're pole spearing for our new friends. The local free diver we met takes care of several families. We needed to swim way out further than I'd ever go without a local with us that knows his spots. We're staying on flamingo beach in Simpson bay.rocks off shore from 18 to 35 foot. Lots of fish.

No dive flags, no boats use run lights, no markers besides boarder lines in the ocean n harbor markers. again no laws followed if there is any so it's on you to be safe. Our home base boat is a broken surfboard. Heading back out after lunch in another spot this time on the French side 35 mins away

Old 12-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #20
sacha58

French side spearing is legal... Dutch side is a nono, be careful.
French side: Grand Case, great restaurants on the beach with wonderful food and wines :-)

www.c4carbon.com
www.palmbeachfreedivers.com
www.flfreedivers.com
www.polosub.com

sacha58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
DewTheDewDude
Eat Fish.

Hell yea dood, I just got here myself. I'm on the western most part of the island, the smaller peninsula due west of the dutch airport on the french side. It's freaking beautiful over here. I just went for a dip in the ocean today, but I plan on getting some serious diving in this vaca.

Is there any chance I could some number for local divers? I'd be willing to pay for gas or to be put on fish. Hell maybe we could even go for a dive this week, I'm wiiiiiide open. I'm down to do anything from bug diving to blue water. Let me know what works for you I need to slay some fish!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
DewTheDewDude
Eat Fish.

Grrrr I barely get any internet over here...I had a couple paragraphs with pictures lined up to show you this amazing villa I'm staying at, but I keep on forgetting to copy it before posting it and it all gets erased..

Anywho

Just did some diving by the local beach by us. Didn't see any fish worth shooting or any bugs. Really hoping to into a nice spot with some structure. At least just for the sight seeing.

Only ended up bringing my polespear, with a slip tip for bigger game and a flopper for bugs. I forgot my dive light though... -_-;

How did you meet up with the locals? Dive shops? If you went to a good one, let me know which one. I found a bunch but i hear some rip off the tourists.

We flew over that bar you spoke of and we hear its a must go. Hear of any other night life? It's my sisters birthday tonight and we are going to get rowdy. Let me know where your going to be and we can get drunk over some fish chat.

Enjoy the beautiful weather here dood!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #23
codfishhead

The locals names, Oliver n Calvin. Met them at the Red Piano Bar. I didn't write their number down per 9 bucks for a local call from our rm. have them call you. You need to go couple hundred yds off shore to get good visibility. Bugs were all over in close after dark. Def needed pole spear. I was only able to grab a couple without. They're fast.

Snorkeling cruise around the island was fantastic aboard Quality Time called the farewell cruise. 125 each open bar all day snacks n beach Resturant for lunch. All 17 of us loved it. Well 16 per one if us chumming off the back. Absolutely beautiful island.

Loterie Farm Treelounge (Loterie Farm, St. Martin)
Zip lines n hiking was a big hit. If you want to see monkeys get there for first light. Only a small family of them. Nice lunch as well in a beautiful setting.
Total shit hole drive n you can get robbed so take a cab not a rent a car.

Speaking of crime we saw none but heard of lots.

Cabs are all independent. Make friends with one n take his card. We never paid more the 8 bucks m that was from one side to the other. Lots of people were paying 15 each for a 3 mile ride.

Piņa Coladas topped with dark myers rum n a pinch of cinnamon n nutmeg. The drink of the week. Well besides the silly amount of tequila I drank each day/night.

The sunset beach is a must see n feel. Crazy shit

Sounds crazy but very good Italian Resturant on the island is IZI's. Couple others we liked include Skip Jacks, Greenhouse, Pineapple Pete's, coconut shrimp at Toppers in the Flamingo resort. Bona petite in front of the Red Piano for breakfast. Def hit the Red Piano Bar n tell Allen the party animals from Conn sent you. Dropped a few grand easy in there over the week.

Good luck n safe travels

Sunset beach rocks
[IMG]http://
[/IMG]
Old 03-14-2020, 04:16 AM   #24
Backcountryhunt
Primitive Hunter....

Did you say that you've Speared lobster in St Maartin?? I thought spearing lobsters was not allowed in Caribbean except the Bahamas? I could be wrong though.... Thomas

[quote=codfishhead;1909176]The locals names, Oliver n Calvin. Met them at the Red Piano Bar. I didn't write their number down per 9 bucks for a local call from our rm. have them call you. You need to go couple hundred yds off shore to get good visibility. Bugs were all over in close after dark. Def needed pole spear. I was only able to grab a couple without. They're fast.

Snorkeling cruise around the island was fantastic aboard Quality Time called the farewell cruise. 125 each open bar all day snacks n beach Resturant for lunch. All 17 of us loved it. Well 16 per one if us chumming off the back. Absolutely beautiful island.

Loterie Farm Treelounge (Loterie Farm, St. Martin)
Zip lines n hiking was a big hit. If you want to see monkeys get there for first light. Only a small family of them. Nice lunch as well in a beautiful setting.
Total shit hole drive n you can get robbed so take a cab not a rent a car.

Speaking of crime we saw none but heard of lots.

Cabs are all independent. Make friends with one n take his card. We never paid more the 8 bucks m that was from one side to the other. Lots of people were paying 15 each for a 3 mile ride.

Piņa Coladas topped with dark myers rum n a pinch of cinnamon n nutmeg. The drink of the week. Well besides the silly amount of tequila I drank each day/night.

The sunset beach is a must see n feel. Crazy shit

Sounds crazy but very good Italian Resturant on the island is IZI's. Couple others we liked include Skip Jacks, Greenhouse, Pineapple Pete's, coconut shrimp at Toppers in the Flamingo resort. Bona petite in front of the Red Piano for breakfast. Def hit the Red Piano Bar n tell Allen the party animals from Conn sent you. Dropped a few grand easy in there over the week.

Good luck n safe travels
Backcountryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote