Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Old 12-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #1
garrik

Negril, Jamaica

Going for vacation around New Years to Jamaica, Negril. Anyone knows anybody over there? I'm looking for a spearfishing charter or some one with a boat.
garrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:00 AM   #2
jersymudsniper

Re: Negril, Jamaica

No but i went out fishing with a guy there. Not a on resort guy but a old jamaican guy i found off beach. Had a wooden jamaican colored boat with cool running spray painted on it. We went out far from land. No boats to be seen. There were spearfishing jamaicans popping up all over. No flags, no floats just out in middle of nowhere. Guy said they stay out here all day mon. If ya cant find any info look for him. Name was cheap charlie.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #3
garrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersymudsniper View Post
No but i went out fishing with a guy there. Not a on resort guy but a old jamaican guy i found off beach. Had a wooden jamaican colored boat with cool running spray painted on it. We went out far from land. No boats to be seen. There were spearfishing jamaicans popping up all over. No flags, no floats just out in middle of nowhere. Guy said they stay out here all day mon. If ya cant find any info look for him. Name was cheap charlie.
He is located in Negril?! I'll find him.
Thanks
Old 12-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #4
jersymudsniper

He hung out in front of beaches resort and sandy bay resort on the beach in nagril. I been been there twice and seen him both times. This was couple years ago last i went. You tell them jamaicans you wanna go spearfishing they will find a way for a tip. If they dont have gear they will find someone.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:16 PM   #5
garrik

Sweet, thank you, I'll find him
Old 01-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
garrik

I didn't find the guy, but...
If you gonna be there again, find Rick Rock, his name is painted on the boat. He always fishing in front of the cliffs. He also dives. Knows all the spots around Negril.
But. There is no fish left. Empty ocean. Do not bother bring the speargun:-(
Old 04-16-2018, 03:07 AM   #7
PittsburghD

Well it has been 7 years...any updates on Jamaica? I am going in the fall and wondering if bring any gear is really worth it.
PittsburghD is offline   Reply With Quote