Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
vertical limit

florida spearfishing tournament?

Is this a real deal or a skam? So as the story goes. The son bought a hat and entered the tourny. So far he has shot a couple of different fish that are desent fish. He does his thing with the pics and tape measure. They start out ok then next thing you know none count. It sounds to me like they have there pretty boys with there t backs on already chosen for the prizes. We tend to think that they are skimming off the top ang putting the golden spoon boys in the winners circle. Well the word is in the New Smyrna beach area not to contribute to there game. Has any other divers had the problem with them ? If so sound off!
vertical limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
scubajobert

Re: florida spearfishing tournament?

Not a big fan of online tournaments. Didn’t do the BBO this year heard about people weighing in fish that other people shot that were not in tournament last year.
scubajobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #3
killer-mermaid

I entered the Florida Spearfishing tournament along with a lot of other people I know. All of our fish have counted. There are specific rules that need to be followed for fish to count, such as have something with a time stamp in the picture, list a witness, your hat #, and use a soft measure tape layer over top of the fish. It needs to be posted both on the Facebook page and entered on the fl Spearfishing website.

If something didn’t count, my guess would be that it wasn’t entered properly. What is your son’s name and hat #? I can ask the tournament organizer if those entries were received and help find out why they didn’t post
killer-mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #4
Scubadood

Send a message via Yahoo to Scubadood Send a message via Skype™ to Scubadood

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubajobert View Post
Not a big fan of online tournaments. Didn’t do the BBO this year heard about people weighing in fish that other people shot that were not in tournament last year.
Yep ,heard the same .
its been going on for some time now but still a great time and get together.
Come next year always great to see you two.
Scubadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #5
Aqua dog

on the fl spearfishing tournament you have to load them on the website as well as the facebook page for them to count.if you still have the pics load them up.Im sure they will still count.Its a year long tournament
Old 08-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

Florida Spearfishing Tournament's 100% legit! It's my 1st year doing it and I've had no problems with fish. Just follow the rules. I did have a couple fish not show up at early on but no problem, talked to the guys running it and they fixed everything right away.

Scott
Muay Thai is offline   Reply With Quote