Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Re: ROI rollergun muzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil herranen View Post
the rollers on that muzzle are way too high.with a roller gun the center line of the band should be level with the center of the shaft with a notched shaft or with the top of the shaft with shark fins.
phil
Thanks for the input, phil. which roller kit are you talking about? The bands seem in the center line on this particular kit.

I personally would rather pay a member on here for one of their own designs , so if there are any of you guys on here that would entertain that idea, i would be interested...
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #17
phil herranen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
Thanks for the input, phil. which roller kit are you talking about? The bands seem in the center line on this particular kit.

I personally would rather pay a member on here for one of their own designs , so if there are any of you guys on here that would entertain that idea, i would be interested...
i was commenting on the muzzle shown on the 4th post
phil

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #18
Spear_Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post

Yeah, I would too. I have a RA 90 that I was thinking of putting the Aussie roller on, but the $200 pricetag might be a little steep for me. Anyone local doing one?

Might be cool though. Sounds like many in Oz have the conversions...
Spear_Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #19
spearq8

I have one kit I bought from the Greek site (very expensive) and another I bought from ermes.sub (around 80 euro). Mario from ermesub has a lot of stuff that is very interesting for speargun builders, but caters more for european market. He sells kits for roller builds, but his rollers use SS bearings which I think he has now changed to ceramic bearings, and the rollers seem to be for smaller bands (16mm bands). I have to say that the australian kit looks much nicer. To be honest I would bet these kits could be made in quantity quite cheap, but most likely the small volumes make the item costly to manufacture. I could easily see these kits go for around $50 if they become popular and volumes allow the costs to drop. I do wish the kits I had included a solution for tying the wishbone on the bottom. Maybe a plastic clamp that can be tied down with 4 x SS screws with a hole or to slip a spectra wishbone through. So far I am thinking strictly single action roller on these kits.

As for reach, I am about 5' 10" and can easily reach the rollers on my 100 Cressi and I think should be OK up till 110cm for most, but for sure a rest tab on the shaft should make loading much easier. Problem was that the Cressi came without a shaft guide so I had to glue one on. I have it setup with a 7.5mm shaft at the moment but really is freezing cold out and haven't water tested it yet. If line and band tangle is not an issue I can see these kits become extremely popular.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #20
memosub

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil herranen View Post
the rollers on that muzzle are way too high.with a roller gun the center line of the band should be level with the center of the shaft with a notched shaft or with the top of the shaft with shark fins.
phil
or lower if you have a track or rail for the shaft, never higher
memosub is offline   Reply With Quote