Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Freshwater Shooting

Freshwater Shooting Live inland, away from the ocean? Tell us about freshwater hunting here.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
springfieldmo25

Arkansas Spearfishing

Thinking about making a trip down to Arkansas beaver lake, when season starts back up. Does this lake have the best via in arkansas. I also wanted some information on how big your gun has to be for some of those large strippers.
springfieldmo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
scubapro
catfish killer

Re: Arkansas Spearfishing

I you a riffe mt-1s 38" but I see some people using bigger guns like 44" mid-handles and 90cm euro guns.
scubapro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #3
55kg

do u freedive springfieldmo?
55kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
springfieldmo25

me and a buddy from hilo hawaii just started to spearfish in freshwater. We have been to table rock numerous times,in season. we are ready to upgrade. My gun is a small JBL and my buddie's gun is huge JBL we both attend MSU in springfield and are looking for some good old arkansas spearfishing. We are freedive only and are relativly new to freshwater spearfishing. Hoping we can dive and fish legally and responsibly, both of us are college studnets that want to feast on our own catch.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
aaron proffitt
He kills just for fun....

Send a message via Yahoo to aaron proffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldmo25 View Post
me and a buddy from hilo hawaii just started to spearfish in freshwater. We have been to table rock numerous times,in season. we are ready to upgrade. My gun is a small JBL and my buddie's gun is huge JBL we both attend MSU in springfield and are looking for some good old arkansas spearfishing. We are freedive only and are relativly new to freshwater spearfishing. Hoping we can dive and fish legally and responsibly, both of us are college studnets that want to feast on our own catch.
Get with Les aka Catfish Hunter.He lives around the Joplin area and hunts in Ark. alot.He's also a freediver.

Jose Rivera ...RIP
aaron proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #6
55kg

i can take you guys shoot carp...someone once told me they make good sashimi! lol, jk
Old 03-13-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
springfieldmo25

where do you shoot carp at? I heard they make good fertilizer and i have a recipe for the brave, that i aquired from a missouri conservation magizine. To tell you the truth I have never shot a fish, i bought my gun last year and am still looking for my first kill. I have shot but always miss. My buddy Drew lived in hawaii for a while and has plenty of salt and fresh water kills. What time do you usually start?
Old 03-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #8
55kg

check your pm(messages)
Old 03-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
spearmen camo

Ive dove beaver quite a bit, stripers can be trickey. Im like you just started a few years ago while I was in college. If you and your buddy are interested some bad ass camo wetsuits let me know.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #10
FOWLER267

I'm about five hours east but I have a decent boat(Not great but doable) and might pull it over to Akieland for some spearing on a weekend or something to that effect.

If some of you would be interested in getting together; we might work something out.
FOWLER267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #11
omni
Whats this pointy thing?

I have a 100cm euro and wouldn't use anything much smaller. If you want to shoot panfish try a 75cm.

Why don't we try and have a meet later on this year at Beaver so we can all finally put names with faces and compare techniques. I have talked with Les and 55kg but never had the pleasure of meeting them.

Omni
Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #12
springfieldmo25

Sounds good, looking foward for it to warm up a bit. Make a thread when the water warms up, at least enough for a 3mm suit. Still be looking for reports though, its good to hear that someone is hunting.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
55kg

Springfieldmo, you def woulda got your kill if you were with me this weekend...saw a ton of carp ranging anywhere from 3-20 pounds! a lot in 10 ft of water too!
Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #14
springfieldmo25

Its got to warm up a bit for me 55kg. Hows the clarity, you would think all this rain would make it a mess of soup. I have been saving up for a 3mm suit. That site leisure pro has some good deals. Looking foward to spearing soon. Stay warm brahana.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 AM   #15
outlaw-outdoors
Bass Master

Never dove beaver but im ailmost 100% positive you will have better vis in lake DeGray or Lake Ouachita. I freedive them both and the size gun you need is 70cm to an 85cm gun. For the vis around here and size gun need you really need a pneumatic to get the big cats. Been doin this awhile and trust me ive tried many guns. Freshwater here in ark pneumatics are the ticket.
outlaw-outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote