Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #16
HeadHunter
Dan MacMahon

Re: Bouncing

Anyway, it was a great trip...thanks to the guys for all their last minute hard work getting this trip off. I usually don't like being way out on a multi-dayer in August due to tropical issues, but we caught a good weather window and it worked out.

Hope you enjoy the pics,

Safe Diving, Dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtUj...HOLnolbCo3PlDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGMIgPFBW1M
HeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #17
kill shot
PELAGIC POKER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
Hhhhmmmnnnn...think theres any big fish on this spot? Looks like a spot where the 100 pounders get swallowed on the way up. I could probably write a book on this spot.
Well I would have to say if all the above fish came off that spot your book is starting to look really good already.

Eric
Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #18
PrincessSlaya!
Just Simply Laura

Dan - You da Man! That is a dream trip with some dream fish! I hope oneday I have the privilege to dive with you! "You ROCK"!!!!!

A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't.

I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok. They know me here.

http://www.koahspearguns.com/
PrincessSlaya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #19
sharpshooter

Dan, I guess you left the "really big ones" for the SPO to shoot. I was on Double-Guns boat sunday in the MG. David got a nice mutton too. But, not near the size you guys got. Kind of wierd with the little chop and rollers out there. We ended up coming most of the way in around 25mph instead of the usual 38-40 mph. We been seeing more sharks than usual out there lately. Take care and great pics.

Last edited by sharpshooter; 08-11-2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: typo
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #20
jfjf

WOW, what else can you say?
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #21
HANGTIME NC

Was there any crackers for Kenny?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #22
theappe
I <3 Toasters

damn. nice fish
theappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #23
DiveGal
Today's the day!

Schweeeeeet! Nice fish. Think you guys can smile any bigger?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #24
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

wow...sick haul boys.

i wonder how much sounds like those effect the marine creatures with sonar...have to be pretty loud to them?
LunkerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #25
tuffstuff
Mathew Goncalves

Wow I think I might sign up for scuba lessons now....those fish are amazing!!!!
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #26
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

As usual...................Absolutely amazing! That was their first trip with new guns they had never used before. Can't wait to see what happens once they use them a few more trips and really get em' dialed in.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #27
SgtSlaughter
Spearo

WOW!! All I can say is WOW!!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #28
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
Heres an interesting story. It's about 1:00 in the afternoon and the Moose and I are are preparing to dive. I had noticed a big shrimp boat maybe 3-4 miles away and a large ship behind him another few miles. No issue.....splash, we roll in and I'm maybe 60 feet down when the LOUDEST noise I've heard in the water Smashes into me......I'm like WTF was that?

All systems are functioning properly and I'm still falling and Kenny looks fine so on down we go......BONG..it smashes us again. Good Lord what is going on? One of the last things you want on a deep water dive is anything that you can't explain or understand. BONG..it crashes into us again...I'm almost to the bottom by now and can see fish clearly. BONG...fish are scattering every time the sounds hits....great.

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I ain't the butter knife either....I figure it's obviously man made and it hasn't killed me yet so i might as well do some spearfishing..right?

We do some shooting and "enjoy" the every 10 second sound blast during the ascent and deco. Finally get on the boat and describe the noise to the other two guys...Kenny described it as being inside an empty oil tanker with a crane swinging a wrecking ball against the inside walls. Seroiusly, it was that kind of noise.

Ricky and Rich dropped on a nearby spot and also enjoyed the noise. We speculated that maybe it was some kind of navy defense sonar(although it was deep sound, not high) or maybe oil exploration sound imaging?

The shrimper turned out to be a "Guard Dog" vessel for the big ship which was indeed an oil exploration ship conducting surveys. That was a real interesting conversation I had with the guy in charge on that ship.

"You guys are diving out here" ? Yep, sure are. AH...did you hear any noise?
Yep...sure did. UH, everything OK over there? (gawd was I tempted to say that I had 2 divers convulsing on the deck with blood squirting out their ears...bet you could have heard a pin drop then, but of course I never would do that, but it was a funny thought) I assured them we were fine and he explained what they were doing and to expect to see alot of this activity on the Shelf in the future. Starting to look like we'll have rigs out here some day.

Anyway, heres a pic of the pulled drone supporting the mapping head on a 6 mile long cable. It was being pilled at 4K and would smash a boat or diver with ease. We maintained a safe distance and I took a couple of pics.

You just never know out there...

Seizmograph Boat, we have them all the time over here. They always make the fish scatter. And yes, they are trying to detect oil under the ocean floor.

BTW, nice fish.

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #29
Bulit7

Great fish Dan!
Bulit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #30
diver50
Fishslayer

Awesome fish, guys! Ya'all are my heroes!