Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:37 AM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Sweet!

I found me what looks to be a brand new SS commercial rhino speargun sitting on the bottom while diving a favorite ledge of mine on Sunday!

If anybody's interested in buying my custom 42" biller set up for freeshafting, I'm selling it for $100.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
Thunderball
Licensed to Kill

I just hate it when I hear things like this. All I find is the proverbial old boot and rusted spearshafts.

Keep your Biller as a back-up. You may find someone on spearboard lost their gun this weekend and you'll want to return it to them.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
bluwtrdvr_11

Have any pics? Is it the one you found, or one you've been using? Condition? Accesories? (i.e., extra shaft/holder, bands, etc.)

Interested, but would like to see pics first.

Thanks.

jcp@bdi-ae.com (email)
Panama City, Fl.
bluwtrdvr_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:57 AM   #4
Marcus

"You may find someone on spearboard lost their gun this weekend and you'll want to return it to them."

Yea, you're right, maybe I should wait a little while before I sell old gun.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 06-21-2004, 12:21 PM   #5
Spearchucker

Marcus,

I think it is mine! Black Rhino, with a yellow butt? Single barb freeshaft and a lineshaft on the side? Line attached underneath? Gotta be mine. Just send it my house, I will buy you a beer on Friday.
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:33 PM   #6
Marcus

*one eyebrow up*

What color handle??
Old 06-21-2004, 12:38 PM   #7
Spearchucker

Black!
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:57 PM   #8
Marcus

DOH!

MUST be yours.

I'll FedEx it over night to you.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:05 PM   #9
bgbill

I found a gun this weekend too, it was attached to an AJ and swimming away, it was a practically brand new Limited Mahogany gun.
bgbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:23 PM   #10
Grouper Slayer

Send a message via AIM to Grouper Slayer
That's crazy cause I lost two guns this weekend. One of them was taken by an AJ guess it wasn't a kill shot...
Grouper Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:10 PM   #11
Drane

Gosh, I seem to loose a gun every trip out.Usually I leave them on the dock at the public boat ramp when we're leaving but I often lose them to the buoyancy effect after slinging all three shafts into a big AJ.
Drane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:07 PM   #12
fernandezh
Homicidal Brown Monkey

Send a message via AIM to fernandezh Send a message via Yahoo to fernandezh
Marcus,
Before you sell that gun, remember I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

That IS MY GUN and you know it. You white bastard!

Marcus and I went out a couple of weeks ago on a wed and didn't notice my new gun missing until we got back to his house. Must have fell off the back. Most people would have flipped out after losing a new $500 gun. I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled. I am just so happy to be back home that nothing will ever get me down. The next day I called Kevin and told him about the incident and he let me borrow his gun until I get a new one. Kevin, you are awesome for going beyond what could ever be expected of you.

Marcus you are the man! I hear that Junior was with you. I promise you that if I am ever unlucky enough to get a one night stand pregnant, I'll name the little bastard Marcus Fernandez jr. I owe you two a beer. Ok two beers! I love you dudes! WooHoo! What a week. I get the biggest grouper yet and Marcus finds my gun.

Hector

Last edited by fernandezh; 06-21-2004 at 05:09 PM.
fernandezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:29 PM   #13
richhermes
Nappy Headed Ho

Yeah Marcus,

Watch out that Hector doesn't pull a "webers" on you!
richhermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:53 PM   #14
Marcus

"white bastard" ?? How insensitive. I prefer "pigmentally challenged bastard" , thank you very much.

I wasn't going to sell your gun, Hector...I was going to sell MY gun and keep yours. I like yours MUCH better.

I've decided not to after thinking it over, though. Don't want to get between Hector and his gun.. Might wake up in the middle of the night.. Hector with a knife in his hand standing over me... probably tea-bag me before cutting my throat too...

Congratulations, Hector. I think "The curse of Hector Fernandez" has finally lifted. You were due for some good luck there buddy.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:15 PM   #15
junior

GPS is a wonderful thing Marcus said we about dropped the anchor right on top of your gun. He wasn't even down three minutes before he was back at the boat handing his gun up and heading back down with your SS to see what kind of damage he could do
junior is offline   Reply With Quote