Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2008 Tournament Archives > 2008 New Orleans Aqua Aces Rodeo - Louisiana June 19-22

2008 New Orleans Aqua Aces Rodeo - Louisiana June 19-22 Benefiting Children's Hospital, this rodeo is the other big one in Louisiana

Old 05-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
hartwelltv
Chris Hartwell

Thumbs up New Orleans Aqua Aces to Donate $1500 to Children's Hospital from Upcoming Rodeo

Tonight, Saturday, May 31, the New Orleans Aqua Aces will donate $1500 in proceeds from their upcoming spearfishing rodeo to Children’s Hospital during the annual Children’s Miracle Network Telethon on WDSU Channel 6.

Every year the Aqua Aces host one of the largest spearfishing rodeos in the State of Louisiana. Spearfishing is one of the most “hands on” and thrilling outdoor sports known to man. Each year, divers (scuba and freedivers) from around the Gulf Coast converge in Southeast Louisiana for this exciting tournament. Spearfishing tournaments are popular in other places around the globe, but in Louisiana, we like to call them “rodeos” due to the extreme nature of the ride one gets after spearing one of the overgrown fish we harvest around our coast’s oil platforms!

The competition is open to all men, women, and “junior” divers (accompanied by parents); and lasts four days, June 19-22, with the final weigh-in at Lafreniere Park in Metairie on the last day. Each year, proceeds from the rodeo go to benefit Children’s Hospital.

The New Orleans Aqua Aces are a local scuba diving / spearfishing club founded in 1961, with members of a variety of ages, both male and female. While the club enjoys the fun and competition of spearfishing, they also stress the importance of safety at every group event. Diving the oil rigs of the Gulf of Mexico is a fun and exciting sport, but it is also very dangerous, therefore it’s vital to follow safe practices and gain experience while accompanied by other safe & experienced divers.

The club’s meetings are open to the public, and anyone interested in the sport is encouraged to attend. They take place at 7:30pm, every second and fourth Tuesday of the month, at New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood Co., 817 Veterans Blvd., Metairie.

For more information, visit www.aquaaces.net or contact club President Dan McKinzey (504) 994-9233.

New Orleans Aqua Aces
Chris Hartwell
504-220-7418
chartwell@inlayout.net
hartwelltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Re: New Orleans Aqua Aces to Donate $1500 to Children's Hospital from Upcoming Rodeo

Great job Chris, keep up the good work AA's.

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote