Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 03-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #16
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

Re: The One-Fin Wonder..

First off, Bill Mac IS an officer and gentleman in every sense. Second, "Ain't no spot secret or exclusive." Be respectful when at any spot, especially if someone else is there already, regardless of your harvest methods. And lastly C: Where there's a will, there's a way when faced with adversity. One fin, two fins, anchor chain weights, old lug bolt sinkers, duct tape, sharpened stick spear, old Chevy antennae as a bug tickler--just "git'er done and have fun!" Several years ago I met two Cali spearos on here. Visited San Diego with wifie and they took me out to the kelp to hunt WSB--gratis--because they pay it forward. Do it, not because it comes back, but because it's right (eous).
Old 03-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #17
carrasco

The post was fun til “T Tom” joined in.
Bob, next time, just ignore that kind of shit and copy paste this... “Si no te contesto, es porque te estoy mandando a chinguar a tu madre.”

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:49 PM   #18
Bob Ballew

I wish I could be more like Bill Mac....While we were both officers, I will need more work on the gentleman part and will try to quit making jokes about "elitists"...That add on was the result of two private messages (from Spearboard lurkers from the other site) raising hell about me giving away a dive spot...Since there are "only" 49 wsb spots remaining at Catalina; in the interest of justice, I plead 1/50th guilty....
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:53 PM   #19
Scuba Fever

With the risk of sounding POLITICALLY INCORRECT, what is this other site that has been talked about?
Old 03-19-2018, 12:55 AM   #20
Bob Ballew

../Response to "Clueless Tom" who seems to want to use the Trump version of fake news to continue to bully people.... first off, I have never belonged to Fishdope, a pay for info site...2nd, I have sent them some info (squid stuff, mostly) when it helps put the hook and line guys on big fish wherein it doesn't work against divers...3rd, I have said this before (on the other site once)...who do you think JD gets his info from?...guys like me and others who try to help each other out on a big area of ocean....JD does my reels because he is the best around! Have you ever given him any business to defray his costs for an online site?...didn't think so....
...Now, comes the clincher: those guys (fishermen, divers and charter boat captains also) feed me info that saves a lot of chasing over a very big, at times, empty ocean...I run twin 200 h.p. engines that go thru a lot of fuel. In turn, I try to pass on some of the useful info to you guys if it doesn't interfere with the commercial guys trying to make a living....
...I am on this site for two reasons: one, to teach the youngsters and help keep them out of trouble and two, to share some of the knowledge I have been taught by the best in the business...if that offends anyone, too bad. I don't give a damn if I am stepping on anyone's sensitive toes (yes, it is a pun)...I am too old to care what anyone thinks, even when they have their facts wrong constantly....... hmmm, wife is reading over my shoulder and says it's time for my grumpy old guy nap...

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-19-2018 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:30 AM   #21
Scuba Fever

As one of the young ignorant divers, I appreciate all the info I can get. Thanks in Advance !!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:38 PM   #22
Bob Ballew

I have one final thing to say...if you get nothing out of my posts, just remember this....The First Amendment giving us the right to freedom of speech is the most important right you will ever have....never give up one inch of it in return for some mis-guided "protectionist" effort to restrict that right....For that reason, I support Tom's right to post his version of the truth....all I ask is for people to have their facts straight before attacking someone else's version of the truth....

p.s. A grunion run started Saturday and ends tonite....should be some fat, overfed halibut up shallow tomorrow if you can find any decent vis in water without excessive bacteria counts....beaches without night lighting should be the first place to try...lights spook the grunion to darker locations...night diving is very productive...if...you don't mind the possibility of bumping shoulders with a shark or two, as they love grunion....been there, done that...went back to day diving after my wife reminded me I was starting to resemble a somewhat overly plump grunion.....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-20-2018 at 12:29 AM.