Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #16
Scubadood

Send a message via Yahoo to Scubadood Send a message via Skype™ to Scubadood
Re: Shark Problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
That is a very good point. So please explain how videos like this promote spearfishing and diving in a positive light to the groups throwing rocks?
It is promoting diving with sharks ,I never mentioned spearfishing .It must be working,Randys boat has been booked for 2 months.All I ever see is happy customers leaving the dock with fantastic storys.Its not for everyone ,either is diving extremly deep and spearing big fish with sharks around.
I wish I could , you and Dan and the rest of your possy are also extremists .
More power to your kind.

Again , No Guts No Glory.

Love this country.
Scubadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #17
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

Well at least he's open about it. Money's all that matters, not doing the right thing. As long as he's making a buck, who cares if it puts sharks and humans in increased risk, right? It's legal so, he's gonna do it. I just hope it's somebody on his boat who pays the price and not some unsuspecting spearo who just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Scott
Muay Thai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #18
Scubadood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muay Thai View Post
Well at least he's open about it. Money's all that matters, not doing the right thing. As long as he's making a buck, who cares if it puts sharks and humans in increased risk, right? It's legal so, he's gonna do it. I just hope it's somebody on his boat who pays the price and not some unsuspecting spearo who just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Scott
Scott he is running a business,as a business owner I understand his nitch for the time being.As for not doing the right thing , who is the real judge here, if it is legal and divers are willing to go on his trips.I say leave it up to the divers who decide to go on such trips.We should all look in the mirror and say each morning are we doing the right thing today.For those Tampon Spearo's out there,easy solution stay away from sharky areas or even better stay out of the water.Scott you should know better than be a hater, don't you chum up the bull sharks to shoot cobia off there back.
Lose the cotex.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #19
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Ever heard of the saying "You could be dead right" ???

Id be willing to wager 10 JR Bacon Cheeseburgers on if you interviewed 100 people, that 100 of them would NOT want to be bit by a shark, does that make those people pussies as well??
Old 01-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #20
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Wait, never-mind i know the answer to this, it DOES make me a pussy. Haha. I guess you are what you eat!!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #21
Scubadood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
Ever heard of the saying "You could be dead right" ???

Id be willing to wager 10 JR Bacon Cheeseburgers on if you interviewed 100 people, that 100 of them would NOT want to be bit by a shark, does that make those people pussies as well??
I am saying its not for everyone ,Il bet you 10 of your T!!!! never mind ,that.
You and I and most sane people don,t like car crashes , but we still drive on the freeway.Again we have choices,throwing rocks only leads to more throwing rocks.One day its gonna hit someone in the eye.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:17 PM   #22
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

I've chummed up bullsharks maybe once with jfjf. It's not my thing. I don't like bluewater and I don't like chumming. I'm a bottom crawler through and through. We know many of the same people, ask anyone and you'll see I'm telling the truth. And btw, don’t you Captain the Emerald now? So, you're making money off feeding sharks too, right? Like I said, I just hope it's one of you guys who get bit and not somebody else. It'll happen. Abernathy got bit and also had a customer killed by a shark too. The Emerald's time will come!

Scott
Old 01-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #23
intowin
1Cor 9:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropMan View Post
This happens all over the bahamas, not just Walkers.
So what does this lead to !!!!!.Sharks will be sharks no matter what people do.
Happens all over the bahamas because they have shark feeding tours all over the bahamas.

Shark diving in the Bahamas - YouTube
And no they are not the same sharks as what we have on the East Coast. These sharks have been trained to associate people with food.

I have had many shark encounters and very few are as aggressive as they are where being fed.
intowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #24
Scubadood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muay Thai View Post
I've chummed up bullsharks maybe once with jfjf. It's not my thing. I don't like bluewater and I don't like chumming. I'm a bottom crawler through and through. We know many of the same people, ask anyone and you'll see I'm telling the truth. And btw, don’t you Captain the Emerald now? So, you're making money off feeding sharks too, right? Like I said, I just hope it's one of you guys who get bit and not somebody else. It'll happen. Abernathy got bit and also had a customer killed by a shark too. The Emerald's time will come!

Scott
Yes I do Captain for Randy on Days when his Captains need a break,not often though.Do I make money off of feeding Sharks, I wish ,no still swinging a hammer to support Life.Its not good Karma to wish anybody to get bit by a shark, not nice Scott .We all love some form of Diving ,from Free to Scuba to Commercial to shark feeding ,photo, reef hugging ,spearfishing etc .
Scott I know your a great freediver maybe even an extreme freediver to some,so I don't see the point in bashing the emerald for bring extreme shark diving to plate.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #25
Scubadood

Quote:
Originally Posted by intowin View Post
Happens all over the bahamas because they have shark feeding tours all over the bahamas.

Shark diving in the Bahamas - YouTube

And no they are not the same sharks as what we have on the East Coast. These sharks have been trained to associate people with food.

I have had many shark encounters and very few are as aggressive as they are where being fed.
All over the bahamas, I guess you have only been to a few islands.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:26 PM   #26
Muay Thai
FL State & Nat Champ

I'm an Atheist not a Buddhist! The main difference is that my extreme activity only puts my life at danger while your extreme activity puts others lives at risk. I have no problem with somebody risking their own life (we are all big boys) but when they risk my life without my consent then, I take offense.

Scott
Old 01-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #27
Bahama king242

I have had issues with the local dive lodge throwing chum right next to myself and some other divers because we were spearing out of kayaks on one of their dive spots. The sharks came in quick and the people on the boat gave us no heads up that they were chumming which was very inconsiderate and dangerous. The lodge does a lot of shark diving in my area.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #28
intowin
1Cor 9:24

Quote:
All over the bahamas, I guess you have only been to a few islands.
One company alone claims to offer shark diving all over the bahamas..

http://bahamassharkdiving.com/bahama...locations.html

A quick google search and you will see how many actually do this over there. Imo it is the only thing that explains their aggressive behavior over there.
intowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #29
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Quote:
throwing rocks only leads to more throwing rocks.One day its gonna hit someone in the eye.
Or in their big fat vagina!!

Comparing a feeding frenzy of sharks to something like driving an automobile is like comparing apples to kangaroos. We all drive a car knowing that it could be dangerous, but we don't drive head on into traffic and go through every red light at 60 on our way to church either. That's about the fairest comparison you could make with that scenario...

I wonder if their insurance company knows about the special shark feeding tours? Fury Water-sports was recently sued for a barracuda attack while the capt and crew we feeding yellow tails. I guess its normal at sand key to feed the small reef fish that gather around the boat, but not inside of a group of swimmers let alone a few feet from them. Out of nowhere a girl got bit and cut open badly by a barracuda, their insurance company called them (he EXACT words) "absolute ****ing morons , and without a doubt the worst water-sports company they could possibly think of" and canceled their policy before they even got off the phone with them. and now they are self insured. That gig cost them only a few million dollars....leading up to the attack, the entire boat was hootin and hollering and having a great time. But just because the customers are happy, does not mean that what they doing is safe, logical or even remotely sensible...Propman, you are grown ass man, so don't take this as a personal attack on you, but I sincerely hope that no ones gets injured in or around that boat, whether you are capt , mating, scrubbing decks or at home being lazy.

Last edited by kwtony; 01-10-2014 at 10:39 PM.
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #30
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Quote:
Life is full of consequences,no guts no glory.
I didn,t know we had so many Tampon Divers.
Must be that time of the month.
aint no tampon divers here buddy. Im just saying, its a little reckless knowing the adverse effects it has. We all do this because its what we love to do. We know the dangers and accept them. But at the same time we do want to come home at the end of the day. I have encountered sharks several times and posted on s/b with the stories a few times. Im no shark wrangler but neither am I a rookie. I think what alot of the guys are saying here is not that their scared of sharks but when an agressive shark comes around and doesnt back off they will not hesitate to use the powerhead.
steve-oh is offline   Reply With Quote