Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 08-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #16
bowfront26

Re: Norcal Spearo Robbed in Torrance

What a shame. Glad you got some of your stuff back. You have some balls jumping in that truck! Hope they find these guys.
bowfront26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #17
laguna80
El Capitan

That's nuts dude, that's been my pre-dive dump spot for diving PV for quite some time. Glad you're ok.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #18
805Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookPointShoot View Post
For better or worse, you can't kill people to protect your property. Two dead dirt bags = one cool diver in prison for quite a while
Your right..... up until it goes HANDS ON with the 2 idiots and you feel your life is in danger. At that point a well trained individual would draw their firearm and it is a CLEAN SHOOT with 2 dead/injured dirtbags :-)
805Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #19
jtully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapono View Post
Wow, that's ridiculous! So sorry to hear that. Do you know the exact location that this happened? I'm a local in that area and will definitely keep an eye out, this community is too small to hide criminal activity like that.
Sounds like it's Pedro, not Torrance. Most likely the Vons on Gaffey and 13th. I know that store well, went to high school right next door. Neighborhood has been going to shit for some time now. Still a lot of great people living there, but people like this ruin it for everybody. A close friend lives a few blocks up, where its a bit nicer, and recently has had guns pulled on him and SHOTS FIRED because he called out some thug who was digging through his recycling looking for old bills and credit card info. His wife and him haven't been able to sleep at home for fear of getting shot.

I will always call San Pedro home, but it's nicer to do it from a distance... Like Hermosa Beach
Old 08-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #20
matt mattison
Diving ! Gota love it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805outdoorsman View Post
these kind of incidents are why i'm an advocate of handgun training and ccw permits! Should have been two dead dirtbags and move on with your day.

I'll keep my eyes on craigslist in my area.
amen to that !!!!!!

Quote:
For better or worse, you can't kill people to protect your property. Two dead dirt bags = one cool diver in prison for quite a while
that is the problem with ca all the liberals and anti gun people will not be happy till only the thugs and dirt bags are the only ones with guns and weapons !!!
matt mattison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #21
Scottywotty
Long Beach Neptune

Not trying to be biased here but it sounds like San Pedro to me too.

If it was in fact Torrance( my home town) let us know the location, as I'll keep a local eye out for you!

Glad your basically ok!

Scotty
Old 08-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #22
LookPointShoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt mattison View Post
amen to that !!!!!!

that is the problem with ca all the liberals and anti gun people will not be happy till only the thugs and dirt bags are the only ones with guns and weapons !!!
Haha that's actually got nothing to do with liberals or anti gun people or CA. It's the law pretty much everywhere in the USA except maybe Texas.
LookPointShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #23
apexdiver
Tony

Quote:
Haha that's actually got nothing to do with liberals or anti gun people or CA. It's the law pretty much everywhere in the USA except maybe Texas.
Except the states that have the "Stand your ground law".Which is like 20 plus states.
apexdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #24
LookPointShoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexdiver View Post
Except the states that have the "Stand your ground law".Which is like 20 plus states.
No actually that law only means you don't have to retreat before using lawful deadly force, even if you can safely retreat. The other states that don't have stand your ground laws require to you to retreat even if you could otherwise use deadly force lawfully, if such retreat is available and it's reasonably safe for you to retreat.

In pretty much no state can you use deadly force to protect only your property (at least none I'm aware of), nor can you even use deadly force in self defense unless you have an objectively reasonable belief that you are in imminent danger of suffering great bodily harm or death yourself.

That's generally true even in stand your ground states -- you have to be in imminent, life threatening peril before you can use deadly force in self defense.
LookPointShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #25
mikelb

So worry for what happened. I was born in Pedro and I it is just a really different vibe place. It had to be the Gaffey Vons.....area sucks and there are people who will do bad things no matter where you are. So glad you are okay and praying your gear is found. Take care - Mike L.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #26
mikelb

Socially liberal, fiscally conservative, I have a libertarian streak in me. I strongly recommend some people come down here and have some fun hanging out in Wilmington or San Pedro. Scot knows. Again, sorry for the bad experience.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:10 PM   #27
HEX
Hector F.

Damn tweekers.