Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
techwiz44

posted without comment, I'm sure others may have a comment or two

https://imgur.com/a/a8eNhGA
https://imgur.com/a/6juj2gQ
https://twitter.com/MDNRPolice/statu...32876482306049

Click image for larger version

Name:	pwr-vs-sail.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	239333

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #2
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: posted without comment, I'm sure others may have a comment or two

Why didn't that stupid sailboat get out the way??That very attentive charter cptn who managed to stop in time, before cutting them in two, thus saving their lives, has a windfall lawsuit coming to him.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:33 PM   #3
fishfan

Clearly it's the sail boat's fault, you can see the power boat was trolling and had their rods out.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
OBLIGATED

Wonder what the blood alcohol level was
Went sailing yesterday with a buddy from Stuart.One of the conversations was how polite boaters were on the lake compared to south florida and the insane wrecks.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #5
techwiz44

well I'm gonna make my comment. I still cannot believe what my eyes are seeing...

so many violations of federal navigation rules...
gross negligent operation;
failure to post a lookout;
failure to operate at a safe speed;
failure to take action to avoid the risk of collision;
not following Rule 18, “Responsibilities Between Vessels,” which states that a power-driven vessel under way shall keep out of the way of a sailing vessel

I love to sail and I own both power and sailboats, this just makes no sense to me. I still can't wrap my head around such careless and irresponsible operation. Say bye-bye to you captains ticket you fool!

Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #6
Marcus

Baseless allegations. This was an obvious insurance scam. You've seen the Chinese people jumping in front of cars and acting like they're hurt. Apparently, that is what this sailboat did. Scammers!
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 08-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #7
techwiz44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Baseless allegations. This was an obvious insurance scam. You've seen the Chinese people jumping in front of cars and acting like they're hurt. Apparently, that is what this sailboat did. Scammers!
someone is off his medication

Last edited by techwiz44; 08-18-2018 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-18-2018, 02:46 PM   #8
OBLIGATED

When I had my little Morgan on Lake Lanier I made a point NOT to go on a holiday weekend.Lots of idiots with more money than brains or any clue about navigation or what "NO WAKE"means.
Nothing like a 90mph racing boat bearing down on your 5kt sailboat to pucker you up!
Old 08-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #9
techwiz44

there are some on this very forum who have been injured or almost injured by a reckless boat captain ignoring a DIVER DOWN flag. That's just a small float with a small flag. Easy enough to spot if you are doing things right. But how do you miss a 30ft boat with a 35 foot mast with full sails on a clear sunlit day, no rain, no fog, at almost high noon.

I think we should have a deck cannon permit for times like this. Make is like the stand your ground law where no prosecution can be had when you shoot your cannon at a foolish captain intent on running you down!

Old 08-18-2018, 04:08 PM   #10
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz44 View Post
someone is off his medication
Your attempts to smear my good name and of this impeccable charter captain will not stand. A counter suit is coming!
Rodney Dangerfield was a safety minded captain.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #11
techwiz44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Your attempts to smear my good name and of this impeccable charter captain will not stand. A counter suit is coming!
Rodney Dangerfield was a safety minded captain.
well, if the 'suit' fits I'm guessing you'll be wearing one of these...

Click image for larger version

Name:	straightjacket.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	239352

this is from the JC Penny "crazy casual collection".