Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #31
OBLIGATED

Re: Spearboard bar

This is a local beer company.Really nice beer if you like Porters or Stouts.The Oatmeal Porter is nice and creamy and just a hint of bitterness.You have to pour real slow in the mug to not get a lot of head.Reasonably priced too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	highlandbeer.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	226341   Click image for larger version

Name:	highlandmug.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	226342  
Old 05-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #32
Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Ive been around 225-230 for a while.Doc said if I lose weight it would help on the knees.I like beef.Now Im doing smaller portions and more vegetables.I started adding chicken and as much sushi as my wife is willing to roll.I havent had a soda or sweet tea in over a year and dont miss them except for rootbeer floats.My metabolism slowed waay down at 50 so if I want to stay in 34 waist Wranglers Im going to have to change some things.
You can eat as much beef as you want, and it wouldn't affect your weight, but might block your blood flow. If you want to loose weight, decrease your carbs, ( no pasta, bread, ... Fat from meat is not going to be your fat, but your protein. Carb's will collects as a fat. And Protein as a amino-asids.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:42 PM   #33
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
You can eat as much beef as you want, and it wouldn't affect your weight, but might block your blood flow. If you want to loose weight, decrease your carbs, ( no pasta, bread, ... Fat from meat is not going to be your fat, but your protein. Carb's will collects as a fat. And Protein as a amino-asids.
My FIL just had 4 stints put in.BILs all have blood pressure issues and bad cholesterol problems.I have always ate pretty healthy except for the toll house cookie addiction.I dont have any pressure,circulation or cholesterol problems and dont want to start.Ive cut back carbs and sugars over the last couple years so it wasnt like torture.Summer is around the corner so Ill be paddling off some weight and using my weight machine when the back lets me.I dont have a lot of fat so it shouldnt be that hard if I keep doing a minimum 20 minutes a day workout and walk fast past the wine fridge.Getting old sucks.Anyone tells you different they are lieing
Old 05-23-2016, 05:29 PM   #34
Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
My FIL just had 4 stints put in.BILs all have blood pressure issues and bad cholesterol problems.I have always ate pretty healthy except for the toll house cookie addiction.I dont have any pressure,circulation or cholesterol problems and dont want to start.Ive cut back carbs and sugars over the last couple years so it wasnt like torture.Summer is around the corner so Ill be paddling off some weight and using my weight machine when the back lets me.I dont have a lot of fat so it shouldnt be that hard if I keep doing a minimum 20 minutes a day workout and walk fast past the wine fridge.Getting old sucks.Anyone tells you different they are lying
I see many people that are active don't even think about it. But the mind old people with rutine job that not make them fill themeless doing something important getting old fast!!!
Old 05-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #35
OBLIGATED

Quote:
I see many people that are active don't even think about it. But the mind old people with rutine job that not make them fill themeless doing something important getting old fast!!!
I stay active but it hurts now more than when I was young.My work eroded my knees and shoulders and I fell off a roof years ago and hit a bunch of objects before the sudden stop on the ground.Herniated two discs on that adventure.Arthritis set in and slow metabolism means I have to be active or be built like a toad.Im still in better shape than my BILs and my oldest son.Feels good for the ego but the parts still hurt.Beats not breathing though!
Old 05-23-2016, 07:55 PM   #36
Timinator

OK, I got my Thompson Cigar catalog in the mail today. Anything in there worth smoking?
Old 05-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #37
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
OK, I got my Thompson Cigar catalog in the mail today. Anything in there worth smoking?
I started with a sampler that incuded a humidor.If you know what you like then you can narrow it down.Do you like a full bodied smoke or something light?Most of my sticks are full bodied smokes that take 40-45 minutes to enjoy.La Perla makes nice smokes and he has several in the sampler that are over 90 rated.Rocky Patels are nice(to me)Acid makes a cool sampler.Their KubaKuba is mild with a hint of vanilla.Drew Estate makes coffee infused cigarsYou can get the coffee taste by leaving a pod of espresso in your humidor for a month or so with the sticks.Kahlua coffee makes them really smell and taste good.
Get a big humidor or several like me and load them up.What you dont like you can share.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:50 AM   #38
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
There's zero reason for denying one's self some good dark chocolate along with a good spirit .
Nestles semi sweet morsels right out of the freezer are AWESOME with red wine after dinner..
Old 05-26-2016, 05:53 AM   #39
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
EXACTLY, I have also heard that you should not have a potatoe with meat as it hinders the bodies ability to process the protein...
Old 05-26-2016, 02:50 PM   #40
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
Nestles semi sweet morsels right out of the freezer are AWESOME with red wine after dinner..
I have run out of hiding places for chocolate and my juicy fruit gum.Grandkids have noses better than a hound.I bought Good and plenty because they didnt like it.Now they decide they like it.We bought the ingredients to do SMORES by the firepit with the kids and the youngest son and oldest grandson wiped out the chocolate before we got the chance to make anything.
They have been warned about the Andes mint stash.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #41
OBLIGATED

I keep a bottle of this stuff in the fridge.Never had a hangover from drinking it.Bottle comes with spiced salt.All you need is limes and shot glasses.
This is not for mixing in Margaritas.Get some Cuervo gold for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monte_alban.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	226454  
Old 05-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #42
OBLIGATED

https://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

Old 05-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #43
OBLIGATED