Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:06 AM   #1
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

When you are asked to leave a store

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ace/521750002/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ers/524551002/

This will trigger El, but should a business owner have the right to ask someone to leave?
Personally, if I own a business, and someone is taking a space that a paying customer could use, I should be able to ask them to leave. Regardless of who, what or where they come from if they are not benefiting my business, why not?
Old 04-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
OBLIGATED

Re: When you are asked to leave a store

You SHOULD be able to deny service or use of facilities to anyone.Unfortunately some will sue because they are scumbags that can only succeed by being a parasite.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:09 AM   #3
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post

This will trigger El, but should a business owner have the right to ask someone to leave?
Personally, if I own a business, and someone is taking a space that a paying customer could use, I should be able to ask them to leave. Regardless of who, what or where they come from if they are not benefiting my business, why not?
Absolutely yes. And for ANY reason you deem fit. The right to private property and the right to free association requires that you possess that liberty.

Unfortunately, those rights have been severely curtailed by the left.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:53 AM   #4
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

They brought their own water bottles in. They refused to purchase something or leave. They were on good morning America this morning.
This thing stinks of just another manufactured distraction while bigger things are happening in America that they don't want you focused on.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
They brought their own water bottles in. They refused to purchase something or leave. They were on good morning America this morning.
This thing stinks of just another manufactured distraction while bigger things are happening in America that they don't want you focused on.
Completely bullshit is what it is. Making celebrities out of two assholes. PERFECT!!!
Old 04-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #6
Marcus

What could've happened and nobody would've blinked an eye.
https://i.imgur.com/t0yPZDs.mp4
Old 04-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #7
OBLIGATED

Quote:
What could've happened and nobody would've blinked an eye.
https://i.imgur.com/t0yPZDs.mp4
The left dont like ANYONE that do not follow their narrative.
I used to do ride along on midnight shift in Miami with a officer I knew.We got a hoodrat that stabbed a cab driver in the ear and robbed him.When I cuffed him he started the racist bullshit and started to resist.A BIG black officer that had been running calls with us jumped in and slammed his ass on the trunk and told him to say its racist.He gave him a lecture on being a man and how he was a disgrace to his race.Guess who got reprimanded?
Yet they have minority officers doing drugs they stole from dealers and not a god damned peep from the "leadership".
Its no wonder officers retire and flee to civil areas.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #8
Marcus

This is how ridiculous the anti-racism crowd has become.

"How Do You Take Your Coffee?"

Old 04-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
greekdiver

Send a message via MSN to greekdiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post

In Florida, you are allowed to tell people to leave and not give a reason.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #10
OBLIGATED

Quote:
This is how ridiculous the anti-racism crowd has become.

"How Do You Take Your Coffee?"

Ill have my coffee like my BIL likes his boyfriends.Black and bitter!
Old 04-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #11
Ron S

The way I see it, race should have had nothing to do with how the situation was and is being handled by upper management. If the Starbucks CEO has an issue with how people like those two guys was handled, then develop a policy on how to treat people who just choose to loiter and then train your folks on that policy. Unless that store manager made a racial slur or somehow indicated that he was taking the action he did solely because of their race, then it was a non issue. I'm absolutely sure that if the two gents had been white, it never, ever, would have made the news.

Yes folks, in my opinion, racism is as rampant in this country as it's ever been.
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #12
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
The way I see it, race should have had nothing to do with how the situation was and is being handled by upper management. If the Starbucks CEO has an issue with how people like those two guys was handled, then develop a policy on how to treat people who just choose to loiter and then train your folks on that policy. Unless that store manager made a racial slur or somehow indicated that he was taking the action he did solely because of their race, then it was a non issue. I'm absolutely sure that if the two gents had been white, it never, ever, would have made the news.

Yes folks, in my opinion, racism is as rampant in this country as it's ever been.
Disagree. They already had a policy in place that almost ALL private business store owners agree with. Buy something, promote my business, etc...can't just use the business space w/o promoting the business' welfare.
The person who called 9/11 *geesh* was a hipster SJW. It was a non-issue. IMO, it was a manufactured distraction. On the today show, the two young black "gents" said they were there waiting to meet about a "real estate deal". Welp, that just stinks for an answer. No matter....their stealing business space and REFUSING to leave was still wrong.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:47 AM   #13
El_Mero28

The fact that you guys aren't even addressing the actual core issue is evidence of how much we still need to progress and the racial nature of the bias on this board.

The problem is that a white man who walks into the store will not be question and will be allowed to use the bathroom and won't be bothered. Trust I see it in some co-workers I have worked cafe style food establishments. A white guy won't get bothered, won't be asked what he is up to, won't even be looked at more than once.

THIS IS RACISM

And it is intimately connected with disproportionate extrajudicial killings of black men w/ cellphones in their hands, or buying a toy for their son, or pulling out his license during a traffic stop.

And if you can't understand that the language of the law, The vagueness when it comes to "fear for life" in police duty code of conduct, the blue code of silence, and the racial bias your political movements, are all related to the killings of innocent people;

Then you are simply just cold and compassionless. Death doesn't move you or bother you, on an explicitly racial basis, if we had % killings of white people this high there would be consequences. But that % is kept nice and low. if you look at the % of unarmed people killed by police, its a whopping 50% black people. Thats just ridiculous.

Implicit bias is within 95% of white people. Even the most "liberal" of people. It is not a moral shortfall, but it must be taught. And If you disagree, well to you I point to florida.

A bunch of people voting for their republican senators who sell the state away to big sugar, and who sell out to the fishing and tourism lobby and restrict our access to fish and our land. You end up with a florida were you can't walk along the beaches anymore because they are "private", and where fish kills occurs annually. were donald trump wants to do seismic testing off the atlantic to search for oil.

All because of people who are too stubborn to admit we have a problem.

Last edited by El_Mero28; 04-22-2018 at 11:32 AM.
El_Mero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:50 AM   #14
Ron S

Quote:
Disagree. They already had a policy in place that almost ALL private business store owners agree with. Buy something, promote my business, etc...can't just use the business space w/o promoting the business' welfare.
The person who called 9/11 *geesh* was a hipster SJW. It was a non-issue. IMO, it was a manufactured distraction. On the today show, the two young black "gents" said they were there waiting to meet about a "real estate deal". Welp, that just stinks for an answer. No matter....their stealing business space and REFUSING to leave was still wrong.
No Marcus, I don't think we disagree here. I'm simply saying that I don't think race was the issue. They probably do have a policy in place and the manager may well have been following it. For all we know, those two guys could have been the 11th and 12th persons that week that were asked to leave for not buying anything. This just happened to be the only one to make the national news for some reason.

I live in a tourist town and our small businesses can be really packed at times. I've seen first hand on numerous occasions folks being asked to leave for just taking up space. A few of those times they refused and the cops were called. Almost always, when the cops show up, the folks leave. They really have to push the issue to actually get arrested. (Oh, and I'm sure some people will not believe this, and call me a racist for saying it, but skin color has never been a factor!)

I just find it ironic that this actually happened in a Starbucks. In my experience, that's about the most liberal, laid back chain in the country. Those two guys must have really dug their heels in. Hopefully this won't start a trend.
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:01 PM   #15
El_Mero28

^^^^ this guy wants to ignore reality. He spends too much time on this here computer and not enough time in the real world.

A white man can walk in and sit down for hours and not buy anything and work at a starbucks. Ive done it. % of getting asked to leave is 1%. minimal.

he is willingly ignoring the link to the police killings. death doesn't move him.
El_Mero28 is offline   Reply With Quote