Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Old 11-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
FalconSpearo

Smile Looking to Buy New Speargun

Hi y'all! I am looking to buy a new gun since I have been using a AB Biller 50 something inch Special, I'm not sure. Its a decent gun but for the price not worth it. The tip is super heavy so it drops very quickly and I got used to aiming high to compensate for the drop haha.

Anyways, I prefer to buy a used gun because they are easier on the wallet. I don't want to waste anyone's time but to be honest I don't NEED a new gun, I just want one. So don't try to sell me a $1500 gun for the low price of $500! or $300! My budget is like $150 tops.

This post is geared towards another fellow spearo that wants to be amazing and gift me a spare gun that they don't really need or use for like a $100-150 dollars. I don't care if it has scratches as long as it shoots how its supposed to or if the repairs aren't too expensive. I don't mind replacing the tip or bands either.

Let me know if you know anyone that could help me out!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Falcon.

P.S. I am sure there is a thread about selling/trading guns but since the forum is not too alive, I figured this was my best bet. I am also posting in Florida East Coast. Cheers.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:01 PM   #2
R.Boonfield

Re: Looking to Buy New Speargun

Would be surprised if you can find a quality gun at that price. You might be able to find a used riffe on craigslist for $250-300. If you are will to shell out some extra money, I bought a Rob Allen Tuna 110 CM from Neptonics with a 50M reel for ~340 and I use that gun for everything. Good luck though.
R.Boonfield is offline   Reply With Quote