Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-23-2019, 01:51 PM   #2386
Dloat

Re: Daily Vis report thread

Awesome vis 10-15 in south jersey today. Got a 24” and 19” flounder and 6 big ass triggers. Passed on like 20 sheepshead, I just don’t like em, and a bunch of iffy stripers.
Dloat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #2387
Burnz
People for Kaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloat View Post
Awesome vis 10-15 in south jersey today. Got a 24” and 19” flounder and 6 big ass triggers. Passed on like 20 sheepshead, I just don’t like em, and a bunch of iffy stripers.
Better enjoy the clear now because I'm coming down next weekend and the muds coming with me hahahaha
Burnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #2388
Dloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnz View Post
Better enjoy the clear now because I'm coming down next weekend and the muds coming with me hahahaha
Lol I made sure to get in before then cause I know after that the season is over
Dloat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #2389
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

Should have never mentioned sheeps.... I’ll be on my way to goon up the area ASAP I’ve seen more sheeps than I typically see in an entire yr up here already this season but have not got a single one! It’s going to become an obsession this season until I connect.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:34 PM   #2390
jersymudsniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloat View Post
Passed on like 20 sheepshead, I just don’t like em, and a bunch of iffy stripers.
I love them. Triggers and sheeps would be dream dinner. I saw no triggers yet. We got half dozen sheeps,some nice stripers and fluke today.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:00 PM   #2391
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

I wish the sheeps were as easy to come by up here as triggers. I'm into those crab like tasting critters.

Vis wasn't good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2190.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	243171  

Last edited by TriggerNJ; 06-23-2019 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Vis report
TriggerNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:10 AM   #2392
Mana'squal

Daily Vis report thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerNJ View Post
I wish the sheeps were as easy to come by up here as triggers. I'm into those crab like tasting critters.

Vis wasn't good

God Damn dude, give me some of those triggers! I looked all day and couldn't find one.

That's enough ceviche for a village. Hope the vis improves, i'm going out wednesday to sell this bad girl and put the guy buying it on some fish.

Last edited by Mana'squal; 06-24-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Mana'squal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:03 AM   #2393
Jhento

hit moco yesterday mid day and the vis was great 7-10

saw fluke, bass, tog, king fish, stargazer, bagal, bunch of activity, did not take anything though

saw the game warden busting people

hopefully get something to take this week
Jhento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:19 PM   #2394
NJ_Trident

Got out in MoCo today. Shot a nice bass, 2 triggers, and a fluke. Vis was fun where I was, lot of sand pushing through even with the flat calm day.

Here’s one for you guys: when beach diving and you wind up with a stringer full of fish, what is the easiest method for transporting your fish back to the vehicle if it’s a long distance? Ive hung them off of the tip of my gun over my shoulder, held the stringer and thrown that over the shoulder too. Just sucks trying to make one trip with dive float, gun, fins, and catch.

Perhaps I’m being a wuss, or there is a better way, that doesn’t include multiple trips to and from the water.
NJ_Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:59 PM   #2395
jersymudsniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Trident View Post
Got out in MoCo today. Shot a nice bass, 2 triggers, and a fluke. Vis was fun where I was, lot of sand pushing through even with the flat calm day.

Here’s one for you guys: when beach diving and you wind up with a stringer full of fish, what is the easiest method for transporting your fish back to the vehicle if it’s a long distance? Ive hung them off of the tip of my gun over my shoulder, held the stringer and thrown that over the shoulder too. Just sucks trying to make one trip with dive float, gun, fins, and catch.

Perhaps I’m being a wuss, or there is a better way, that doesn’t include multiple trips to and from the water.
I clip stringer to gun. Throw gun over shoulder fish and float over back. Counter balance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190623_190113_169.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	243186  
Old 06-25-2019, 05:12 AM   #2396
jersymudsniper

Also some of my buddys tuck fins under weight belt on back. Not a fan but free's up hand.

Last edited by jersymudsniper; 06-25-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #2397
NJ_Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersymudsniper View Post
Also some of my buddys tuck fins under weight belt on back. Not a fan but free's up hand.
Though a free hand would be nice, I don’t think I’d be a big fan of tucking my fins in either. I Appreciate the feedback. I’ll have to try the counter balance method, along with being less clumsy, and see how that works.
NJ_Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #2398
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

Beautiful gun! Guys going to be pumped
Old 06-27-2019, 06:35 AM   #2399
nilsonov

Breezy has mixed vis yesterday, poo on top, but some bottom places opened up to 8'. Had a huge pod of dolfins swim right up to us, pretty cool. Bottom was filled with schools of spooky sea robin and the the biggest schools of schoolie stripers i've ever seen. Saw similar schools in Squan last , but for past 10 years i think i may have seen that once. Anyone else also experiencing these schools ?
nilsonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:16 AM   #2400
TriggerNJ
The Trigger Whisperer

Quote:
Breezy has mixed vis yesterday, poo on top, but some bottom places opened up to 8'. Had a huge pod of dolfins swim right up to us, pretty cool. Bottom was filled with schools of spooky sea robin and the the biggest schools of schoolie stripers i've ever seen. Saw similar schools in Squan last , but for past 10 years i think i may have seen that once. Anyone else also experiencing these schools ?
I've seen that in the ocean but not for quite few years now. It was downright creepy the first time I saw it but I have no idea why.haha Maybe because we don't typically think of Searobins as schooling in mass like that but it is eerie. It's always been mid spring when the waters still pretty cold when I've run into them like that and it can be by the thousands....pretty wild!

Vis is good...and it's looking like a fantastic trigger yr which is all that really matters