Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Anywhere else!

Anywhere else! You can post here to get a conversation started if looking to meet and hunt with people in other areas not listed above.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
totallyreel

Smile Cozumel in October 2007

We are going back to Cozumel in October this year. Besides the awesome diving, does anybody know of an operation where you can take lobster or spear fish? I realize quite a bit of Coz is reserve area but we want to give it a try. If anybody has any info please let us know.
totallyreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
Stealthdiver
Big Bend

Send a message via Yahoo to Stealthdiver
Re: Cozumel in October 2007

I don't have the guys card with me but he sets up shop in town square daily. Last 2 times i've been down there he's got like a table set up and its on a corner back left of town square. They will take you off the preserve where you can fish,spear , basically do what you want ! Will even provide women if you like ! He has pictures of his boat and fish at his table , easy to spot if your looking or ask ! Prices were reasonable or cheap for a day charter ..
Stealthdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Sherpa

It was indicated to me that even showing up at the airport with a speargun
will net you trouble, and probable confiscation of said speargun.......

even labeling as "fishing-equipment" on the bag wouldn't help.....

if anyone can elaborate on that, and any more possible references for spearing out of Coz it would be appreciated.......

--Sherpa
Sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
AlexF

I will be going by the end of July, and I will be doing some spearfishing so I can let you know how things go.
AlexF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
OceanEd

Contact Tim Massamino who is the Manager of the Galapago Inn. Ask Tim if he can set anything up for you, perhaps a good trip over to the mainland. Give him my regards.

Stephen Metcalf
OceanEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
totallyreel

Only 18 days to go - any updates or suggestions.
Oh, and I am a married straight woman so no interest in getting women! Also, do not plan on taking any gear other than scuba equipment - why tempt the law!
Thanks
totallyreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
tw1012

I have only been once but we lined up with a great guide. He has a 20-24 ft boat that I think will hold 5-6 (not sure on the #) and his prices are reasonable. Send me a PM and I will send you his contact info.

We dove (scuba) 2 dives per day and you can spearfish anywhere on the Island that is not in the National park, he will show you the right spots and take you and your group where you want to go, no cattle call dives. We had a lot of shots and lots of action. I flew into Cancun and a friend of mine flew into Cozumel with no problems at all getting tons of spearfishing gear onto the Island.

When are you planning on going? If you have not already locked into a place my family has an amazing, brand new, 3 bedroom condo with new furniture, flatscreen TV’s, the works that I could get if you were interested in paying my airfare and dive costs, I would take the smaller room and give your group the two master bedrooms. Brand new condo tower right on the ocean.

Otherwise send me a P.M. and have a great trip.

The same offer goes for anyone who wants to go to Cozumel, pay my airfare ($300-400) and dive costs ($60-80) per day and we will set up a trip.

link for condo

http://www.cozumel.tc/rental-homes-l...ah-ha-702.html

tw1012 is offline   Reply With Quote