Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
woodscovehunter

Question koah spearguns?

are these good guns? i have seen a few great reviews, and they are cheap (I mean affordable) . i am looking at a mid-handle or rear plus. any one with first hand experience?

Last edited by woodscovehunter; 10-18-2011 at 11:22 PM.
woodscovehunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
PrincessSlaya!
Just Simply Laura

Re: koah spearguns?

I have a KOAH and love it! I have used many spearguns but this is my go to get her done gun! Accurate, Light and deadly!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	42%20pnd.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	161127  

A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't.

I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok. They know me here.

http://www.koahspearguns.com/
PrincessSlaya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
SubmarinoPT

I'm looking at the Marksman Fatboy. 54". Could you tell me the pros and cons of the gun?

I current own a riffe 110euroX. Been using it for about 4 years.

-I wanted to know how the reloading is, since it's an enclosed track a the way to the tip of the gun?

- Also using the standard shaft how much clearance is there between the delrin track and the shaft?

-How does the handle feel compared to the riffe?

-Lateral movement, is it hard to move side to side?

Thank you for your help.
SubmarinoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Keysdivers
keysdivers

Excellent gun & builder.
John built one for me. Worked with me to build the exact gun I wanted. It perfoms better than expected.
Would not hestitate to buy another if I was to get one more.
I used to shoot a Riffe NoKa Oi. Went to a rear Plus. Took me a couple of trips to get used to it, but not a big deal. Accurate - wow. Easy to load - yes.
Keysdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
PrincessSlaya!
Just Simply Laura

I had a riffe eruo 110 & loved it . Until....MY KOAH "marksmen" Oprah - she slides thru the water side to side with no resistance at all. The enclosed track just makes it alot faster to load. There's is no difference in the feel to the handle. But a big difference in distance & accuracy. John is awesome he can do or make your gun any way you like. I will tell you this Boom Boom "riffe" doesn't get in the water at much at all. she is always on standby.

A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't.

I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok. They know me here.

http://www.koahspearguns.com/
PrincessSlaya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
Johnoly
Big Time Bug Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodscovehunter View Post
.... and they are cheap........
I own one. You might want to pick another word, 'cause that's the last word any of us that take down alot of fish with a Koah, would use.

Even for all the custom gun makers on Spearboard, not a single one of them makes a 'cheap' gun. Every single one of them has a finely crafted killing machine that will help you fill a cooler faster. Just look at the pictures posted.

How about hitting the edit button and replace it with" Shweeet!! " instead.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #7
SubmarinoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSlaya! View Post
I had a riffe eruo 110 & loved it . Until....MY KOAH "marksmen" Oprah - she slides thru the water side to side with no resistance at all. The enclosed track just makes it alot faster to load. There's is no difference in the feel to the handle. But a big difference in distance & accuracy. John is awesome he can do or make your gun any way you like. I will tell you this Boom Boom "riffe" doesn't get in the water at much at all. she is always on standby.
Thanks for the quick response and answering my questions. This is what i wanted to hear. I'm looking forward to owning one real soon, just need to save up a bit.

Thanks again.
SubmarinoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
Gruper Reeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubmarinoPT View Post
Thanks for the quick response and answering my questions. This is what i wanted to hear. I'm looking forward to owning one real soon, just need to save up a bit.

Thanks again.
Feel free to give me a call, The guns are built for tracking and accuracy. I usually stick with the Alexander handles, they are rock solid, simple and have a great feel. The track a poured reinforced epoxy with a .020 clearance. I spend a lot of time making sure there is no friction in the track. I really need to get pics of the newer guns on the website, They are a little wider with a couple more fit and finish areas .. still great performance and still doing R&D on the euro's. They are pretty sweet with the front ballasting. Remember, if you didn't like the gun for any reason, after a handful of uses ... I give 100% refund. Thanks for the compliments guys
Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruper Reeper View Post
Feel free to give me a call, The guns are built for tracking and accuracy. I usually stick with the Alexander handles, they are rock solid, simple and have a great feel. The track a poured reinforced epoxy with a .020 clearance. I spend a lot of time making sure there is no friction in the track. I really need to get pics of the newer guns on the website, They are a little wider with a couple more fit and finish areas .. still great performance and still doing R&D on the euro's. They are pretty sweet with the front ballasting. Remember, if you didn't like the gun for any reason, after a handful of uses ... I give 100% refund. Thanks for the compliments guys
100% refund on a custom gun that the customer specifies ??? Who does that?
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote