|07-21-2007, 05:59 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2006
6th Annual L. C. U. D. C. Shootout
Port Fourchon, LA – August 17 & 18, 2007
1) Applicable Council Derby Board Rules apply to shootout. The Shootout is open to Council Clubs and their respective prospective members. Tickets are $40 each. You may commit by phone to Terry Migaud @ (504) 833-1884, e-mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail 3513 43rd Street, Metairie, La 70001-2840 prepay or payable at the rodeo site. All divers must be known before 5:00 AM on Friday, August 17, 2007.
2) Eligible fishes are: AMBERJACK, BARRACUDA, COBIA, GROUPER, JACK CREVALLE, RED SNAPPER DRUM, AND MISCELLANOUS) (no redfish, ocean sunfish, shark, and any other fish that is out of season or ban or not allow under State and/or Federal Regulations). Cash Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.
3) Awards for King, Champion Skin Diver, Club, and Boat. The 3, 2, 1 points system will apply for major awards. No ties, early enter wins. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, awards will be in cash from the money collected. The Council is putting up $500 towards the Shootout. An award dinner on Saturday night will be part of the program and including in the cost of the ticket.
4) Boats can leave no earlier than 5:00 A.M., Friday, August 17th. Boats must come in on the 17th and go out again on the 18th no earlier than 5:00 A.M. on August 18th.
5) All Boats and Divers must be committed before 5:00 A.M., Friday, August 17th.
6) All dive boats must display a dive flag while diving. The Council request that all boats and divers have fun, dive safe, have dive insurance, and yield to the wishes and desires of the oil rigs and work boats. That all divers enjoy themselves at Port Fourchon but use good common sense with dealing with the Marinas and the fishermen.
7) Weight-in close at 6:00 P.M. Saturday, August 18th . (subject to change if Council Officers approved due to a boat arriving late) Weight-in may start when the first divers arrived at the rodeo site on Saturday with awards and party to follow. No weight in on Friday, (subject to change if Council Officers approved).
8) Ports for the Shootout will be limited to the Fourchon/Grand Isle area.
9) A $50 Calcutta for the largest fish shot. The Winners gets the cash. Money must be pay before 5:00 AM, Friday, 17.
The Shootout as all of our competition is based on an honor system. The goal is for Council members to have a spirited competition and get know each other (a little bonding), and enjoyed each other’s company. As those who participated in the past can testify that it is lots of fun and is growing in popularity each year.
Each member club is requested to support the Shootout by a donation $150. Individual diver may make a donation of any amount and donate prizes and/or entrance prizes.
The Shootout site is located at The Kajun Sportman Marina or the Kajun Motel 985-396-3900, Rooms are $89.31 a night. Boats may be left in the water at the dock at the Hotel each night below or near rooms. Parking available for truck and trailers. It is requested that divers stay over to Sunday to drive home or have a designated diver. NO DUI OR DWI are allow.
Please note if bad weather cause us to cancel the shootout it will be rescheduled for middle September.
Please mail all donation and tickets request to the LCUDC, c/o Terry Migaud, 3513 43rd Street, Metairie, La 70001-2840, email@example.com or (504) 833-1884. Donation may also be brought to the rodeo site.
As of now, the Council has put up $500 and the Hell Divers $150 towards the Shootout.
All monies collected will go towards the fish fry and bar-be que each night and to the cash prizes.
2007 Officers: Rafe Antill (President), Terry Migaud, (Sec/tre.), and Louis Rossignol (Director)
Theres a fine line between brave and stupid
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|