PDA

View Full Version : Addicts Speargun Plans

popgun pete
02-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Phil asked for the "Addicts" speargun plans, they are attached here. The paper is very old, hence the odd orange color.

Final timber rubbing down was suggested using "Kleenex", a little joke as to the level of surface finish required. Many guns are works of art, members built their own guns.

popgun pete
02-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Metal sculptor and spearfishing identity John Warren has made a study of that early pioneering period of speargun building where long range shooting of big, fast fish was being undertaken by something a bit more heavy duty than the ubiquitous French Arbalete's. Forum members can thank him for providing the Skin Diver article here which also supplies some sketches on building an "Addict" gun. Note the traditional "Addict" guns use single-piece, rear mounted mechanisms fired from a remote trigger position via a push rod arrangement. The secret of the mechanism is the height of the sear pivot pin placement, it is just below the centerline of the sear box tube, not drilled on a diameter. If you check out a Wally Potts Scubapro gun, the formed tube, open track alloy barrel 60" plastic handle model, you will see a similar pivot pin height for the single-piece trigger used there, same idea, different location in the gun.

I hope to eventually see photos here of your new "Addict" gun Phil, there is a high standard to live up to which I am sure you are more than capable of attaining.

Behslayer
02-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Awesome. I like the way they attached the pushrod to the Sear.

phil herranen
02-11-2012, 11:32 PM
thanks for that pete
phil

ACEVEDO
02-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks again for another cool thread Popgun ,,, its threads like this that keep me coming back :toast:... Joe

Bill McIntyre
02-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Great stuff!

The only Addict gun I ever saw belonged to Ron Church. I belonged to the dive club at Kaneohe Marine Corp Air Station, and Ron was a guest speaker in 1961 or 1962.

popgun pete
02-12-2012, 01:57 PM
John Warren has reinstated his "Addict" speargun page http://rocknfish.com/HowardBenedict.html which shows some beautiful guns by Howard Benedict.

Sam Ichikawa drew the plans up and can be seen here http://www.oceanhunters.com/HistoricalDivePictures/Groupers%20&%20Blacks/CFISH3.htm

Harv
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I just stumbled on your post, after stumbling on this site. I certainly would like to thank you for posting this article, I have not seen it in fifty years.

The picture was taken by Ron from the roof of the original Diving Locker on Cass Street. The guns were displayed on the sidewalk, on a large piece of butcher paper. Pretty novel stuff. I don't remember how it happened, but if anyone was going to ask about spearfishing in those days, Ron was the right person to ask.

The top gun in the picture is mine, I still have it. I will never part with it, although I think it resents my for not being as good as it was. This was the first Addict gun anyone had seen that shot a six-foot shaft. Indeed I was generally derided for being a dumb-ass kid who could not follow instructions. The derision continued until it how well it shot became obvious. Greatest compliment came when Joe Herrin, owner of the fourth gun down from the top, starting building six-foot guns. He was lauded for being an innovator, I was not.

I was at a party yesterday also attended by four other surviving (strange word) members of the Addicts Diving Club, including my dear friend, Frank Leinhaupel. I still think of Frank as the inspiration of the whole idea of the Addicts.

In closing, let me pay homage to Ron Church. Ron was so good at everything important to us that he made everything look so easy. Easy until you tried to keep up with him.

Warm Regards,

Harv

popgun pete
02-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Hi,

I just stumbled on your post, after stumbling on this site. I certainly would like to thank you for posting this article, I have not seen it in fifty years.

The picture was taken by Ron from the roof of the original Diving Locker on Cass Street. The guns were displayed on the sidewalk, on a large piece of butcher paper. Pretty novel stuff. I don't remember how it happened, but if anyone was going to ask about spearfishing in those days, Ron was the right person to ask.

The top gun in the picture is mine, I still have it. I will never part with it, although I think it resents my for not being as good as it was. This was the first Addict gun anyone had seen that shot a six-foot shaft. Indeed I was generally derided for being a dumb-ass kid who could not follow instructions. The derision continued until it how well it shot became obvious. Greatest compliment came when Joe Herrin, owner of the fourth gun down from the top, starting building six-foot guns. He was lauded for being an innovator, I was not.

I was at a party yesterday also attended by four other surviving (strange word) members of the Addicts Diving Club, including my dear friend, Frank Leinhaupel. I still think of Frank as the inspiration of the whole idea of the Addicts.

In closing, let me pay homage to Ron Church. Ron was so good at everything important to us that he made everything look so easy. Easy until you tried to keep up with him.

Warm Regards,

Harv

Well I think it our duty to keep the history alive and honor our predecessors by remembering them and their efforts in developing the forerunners to today's gear. On a more practical note those who forget their past are doomed to repeat it. Maybe doomed is a bit strong, but I think you will know what I mean. John Warren is to be applauded for his efforts in providing an educational window to an earlier time, maybe you have already seen his web-site (referenced above).

Scott Diego
02-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Incredible thread... Thanks for posting guys...

baja haha
02-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Hi,

I just stumbled on your post, after stumbling on this site. I certainly would like to thank you for posting this article, I have not seen it in fifty years.62

Warm Regards,

Harv

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harv,

What a delightful suprise!...I was unaware that there was any surviving Addicts Diving club members- but I now live 300 miles north of San Diego and I am out of the SoCal loop. Would it be possible to list them by name?

Last member I recall seeing was Verne Fleet at one of the "Fathers of diving" meets way back about 20 years ago. I recall some one, I think it was Barbara Allen who said Verne was making wine.

It was rumored in OC that Verne was the father of the Addict gun, but no one has confirmed this bit of diving trivia

When no Addict was nominated for or to my knowledge attended the 2000 "International Fathers of Spearfishing and free diving meet" I guess it was assumed they were all spearing in the big reef in the sky. It was a huge event..about 75 were honored from all over the US and world with three from my beloved OC the as "Fathers of Freediving and Spear fishing." It was the last big gathering, now about half are no longer with us.

Joe's brother Paul Herrin move to OC about 1962, and immediately became a member of the OC tribe. We were all facinated by his gun..we had seen them at meets but the first time we had seen one upclose and personal. I an sorry to report some one stole his wonderful shooting iron one Saturday morning.

Last report Paul had moved some where in Mexico.

I was friend of Ron- he was one of a kind...Perhaps tomorrow I can take some time to compose a few lines about him..by the way I am occasionally in contact with Shirley Church and their daughter Tandi,

Small world this antique diving tribe

SDM

Harv
02-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Thanks for mentioning Verne. He was simply the best. Not only as a diver, not only as a friend and mentor but more importantly as a man. The influence he had on many lives, both as a waterman and as a firefighter cannot be measured. Indeed I would not be writing this stuff were it not for him; that was the second time I had SWB. I suppose you already know that he is gone, I can't quite remember for how long, I still can't believe it.

None of us have seen Joe for many years. His son's death seemed to take a lot out of him and he quit diving at that time. Joe is also someone, the like of whom we only meet once.

I think it would be great if you wrote anything you remember about Ron and send it to Shirley or Rhonda. Most of what has been written about him has dealt with photography.

Your thoughts about the Addicts not being sufficiently remembered by the community echo mine, not for my sake, for theirs. Everyone who owns an Addict design gun should call it an Addict gun and be proud to do so. We owe that to Frank and Al Larson. There would have been spearfishing without their contrbution, but damn, it would not have been so much fun.

There are at least three other surviving members, to my knowledge. John Latham is a guide in Alaska and Larry Ward is the same in South Africa. They are both fabulous characters and deserve to be remembered. Sets Fukuno is retired and has lived in Las Vegas for many years. My memories of traveling with and diving with Sets are some of my most precious. What a piece of work.

Regards,

Harv

popgun pete
02-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Harv, who made those metal parts for the guns that were available by contacting the Underwater Sportshop in Long Beach? Also did anyone keep a record of how many of those sets were sold? I expect that many builders created their own if they were handy metalworkers, the twin line releases being maybe the most challenging, although one side is the inverted mirror of the other.

Harv
02-13-2012, 10:14 PM
I am not familiar with the Underwater Sportsstore. I don't think I ever heard of anyone selling sets of metal parts. For most of the thirty years that I was so heavily involved parts were always a hit and miss proposition. If any of us made extra pieces, some might be available. For the most part we just kept extra stuff in the bank.

The beauty of Leinhaupel's concept is it's simplicity. Frank is actually a rocket scientist, but he intended that the guns be able to constuct a guy working with a vise attached to kitchen table. I built the gun shown in the Skindiver article in shop classes when I was sixteen. That is simplicity, at it's best. If you look at Bob Shea's drawing and at Sam Ichikawa's the simplicity of the design and how easily the materials could found is apparent. Really different than today, I imagine.

Harv

manoa matt
02-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Pete, I think you touched on the concept in the #2 post regarding the height of the sear pivot pin.

Is the height of the pin/pivot point the secret to the sear not rotating when bands are loaded on the spear shaft? What do you mean by: "not drilled on a diameter"??

Edit: After looking again, I see the concept of how a force applied in line with the pivot will not cause rotation of the sear.

ACEVEDO
02-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Hi Harv, Do you have any pictures of Frank Linehaupel's Roller gun ??
The reason I ask is , he was at last years legends of spear fishing event in San Diego , and I remember seeing him checking out a Roller gun Phil Herranen made for Masahiro Mori , He mentioned that he made a roller gun over 30 years ago . I know Franks guns are like Steinway pianos , I would love to see his version of the roller gun ..

Thanks.. Joe

Hi,

Warm Regards,

Harv

SpearMax
02-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Fascinating subject matter Pete! :toast:

Thanks for keep us connected to history and welcome to Spearboard Harv! :notworthy

http://www.spearboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=167758&d=1329074324

phil herranen
02-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi Harv, Do you have any pictures of Frank Linehaupel's Roller gun ??
The reason I ask is , he was at last years legends of spear fishing event in San Diego , and I remember seeing him checking out a Roller gun Phil Herranen made for Masahiro Mori , He mentioned that he made a roller gun over 30 years ago . I know Franks guns are like Steinway pianos , I would love to see his version of the roller gun ..

Thanks.. Joe

that night at legends is a memory i will keep forever for a couple reasons . first i built a gun that mori wanted to barrow (and was later told i am never getting back ) and then frank (i think he didnt really introduce himself ) telling me that my gun was the cleanest roller he had ever seen ,and then asking me if i wanted to see the first US roller that was in don pauls collection. that was a great night!
phil

popgun pete
02-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Pete, I think you touched on the concept in the #2 post regarding the height of the sear pivot pin.

Is the height of the pin/pivot point the secret to the sear not rotating when bands are loaded on the spear shaft? What do you mean by: "not drilled on a diameter"??

Edit: After looking again, I see the concept of how a force applied in line with the pivot will not cause rotation of the sear.

The secret, which was obvious to anyone who really thought about it back then, was that when you pull the trigger in a single-piece trigger speargun the contact between spear tail notch and trigger sear tooth faces, which are both cut at ninety degrees, drops to the bottom as a Vee-shaped opening between the two contacting faces occurs. That moves the action line of the spear pull force exerted by the bands below a line running back to the sear pivot pin axis and creates a restoring torque which opposes you pulling the trigger. The larger the offset distance caused by this Vee opening up, the more trigger pull resistance you get, particularly if you pile on more bands. As divers wanted more band power they minimized the distance by dropping the sear pivot pin in the sear box housing. It was no longer drilled on a diameter, but on a transverse chord below the centerline of the sear box tube, or its longitudinal axis. Drop it too far down and a single-piece trigger will not hold as the band pull will roll the sear, you will not get a stable latch with the shaft. Finding just the right position made for a lower trigger pull and a still reasonably safe trigger, but sear tooth wear will make such a mechanism more prone to misfire, so it needed to be checked for wear after putting a lot of shots through a gun at high band loads. I learned this from looking at Wally Potts' guns and Jack had mentioned it when talking about tuning sears on his own guns, Wally having already passed on by then.

You can clearly see the dropped sear pivot pin position on the Wally Potts mechanism with the trigger removed, note the pivot pin is on a chord drilling, not a diameter. That is the "secret", note that the Skin Diver drawing does not shows the sear pin position on a chord, but on a diameter, yet Sam Ichikawa does show it in the correct position on his plans.

baja haha
02-14-2012, 08:21 AM
historical-- no interest

popgun pete
02-15-2012, 03:25 PM
I never really looked for them before, but you can still buy Chicago or bookbinding screws in all manner of materials and finishes http://www.chicagoscrews.com/products.php?catalog=us&category=5. Many years (decades) ago I used brass ones as binders on the heavy cardboard covers for my folio of engineering drawings (set square, pencil and paper on a drafting table back then); you could insert a new brass spacer as the volume grew fatter to lengthen each screw so that it had three threaded sections or more.

The "Addict" gun metal parts from the shop were 303 stainless steel, I was always curious about the mention of "selenium" until I looked it up. http://www.speedymetals.com/information/Material47.html

Maybe if there is going to be a whole bunch of new "Addict" guns being constructed then someone could tool up for the limited production of some "heritage" parts. Those "Addict" gun plans have been seen by a lot of people now just checking on the number of "views".

popgun pete
02-15-2012, 09:54 PM
More historic info here concerning the "Addict" speargun mechanism: http://rocknfish.com/Addict_Mechanisms.html another web page from John Warren.

Louis
02-20-2012, 01:20 AM
You mention Larry Ward. I knew Larry and his brother Ron. Larry is now State side, Texas I believe after 30 years in New London, RSA. Ron is retired and living in North central Oregon. We all spent many days spearfishing Rancho Punta Colorada, BCS, back in the '70's

None thought of Blue water hunting in BCS, we mostly dove the inshore reefs for Toro, and Dog Toothed Snapper (Pargo). A 60LBS Pargo did a job on the gun shafts. Lucky for us Larry has a local Mexican running the boat and taking care of "The Place" he could straighten a shaft in minuets. Amazing!

phil herranen
02-20-2012, 01:32 AM
I never really looked for them before, but you can still buy Chicago or bookbinding screws in all manner of materials and finishes http://www.chicagoscrews.com/products.php?catalog=us&category=5. Many years (decades) ago I used brass ones as binders on the heavy cardboard covers for my folio of engineering drawings (set square, pencil and paper on a drafting table back then); you could insert a new brass spacer as the volume grew fatter to lengthen each screw so that it had three threaded sections or more.

The "Addict" gun metal parts from the shop were 303 stainless steel, I was always curious about the mention of "selenium" until I looked it up. http://www.speedymetals.com/information/Material47.html

Maybe if there is going to be a whole bunch of new "Addict" guns being constructed then someone could tool up for the limited production of some "heritage" parts. Those "Addict" gun plans have been seen by a lot of people now just checking on the number of "views".

im working on it . it looks like i will be able to get my hands on a couple guns to use as examples and if im going to do one or two i might as well make a run of metal parts ,and have a batch of shafts made to fit them .
phil

Louis
02-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Hi,

Warm Regards,

Harv

When did Howard build your Gun? or did you build it your self?
Also, the Gun with the "finger" grip, when was it built?

I built my Addict Gun in 1958-59, my last year at Mission Bay.

Every person named in this thread helped me with my 1st and only Gun. The reason I asked about the Gun with the finger grip, I shaped my grip after seeing a "Hammerli" Olympic "Match" pistol. It had a Palm rest, and I added the finger rests.

One name missing from these early designers is Bill Howard, he was the brother-in-law to my close friend Marty Darby, whose neighbor was Ron Church!

I still have my Gun, I'll break it out for some pictures and post.

And, to "popgunpete", yes, the twin line releases were a challenge, the line release timing before sear drop was a fun trial and error!! Mental picture?? LOL

baja haha
02-20-2012, 02:57 AM
[QUOTE=Louis;1613196]

The reason I asked about the Gun with the finger grip, I shaped my grip after seeing a "Hammerli" Olympic "Match" pistol. It had a Palm rest, and I added the finger rests.

/QUOTE]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is proving that it is a small world...

My ex brother in law was married to a Swiss lady..Her older brother exported
"Hammerli" Olympic "Match" pistols" from Swizerland to a gentleman near Chicago.

Always wanted one --at the wholesale price-- they were gosh awful expensive.
SDM

Louis
02-20-2012, 04:22 AM
[QUOTE=Louis;1613196]

The reason I asked about the Gun with the finger grip, I shaped my grip after seeing a "Hammerli" Olympic "Match" pistol. It had a Palm rest, and I added the finger rests.

/QUOTE]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is proving that it is a small world...

My ex brother in law was married to a Swiss lady..Her older brother exported
"Hammerli" Olympic "Match" pistols" from Swizerland to a gentleman near Chicago.

Always wanted one --at the wholesale price-- they were gosh awful expensive.
SDM
Ya! Expensive, but beauty follows form, or other way around.

http://www.beavercoveart.com/1951HammerliZ.jpg

If I posted correctly, this is a 1951 vintage Hammerli that I recall and fashioned my handle

baja haha
02-21-2012, 07:30 PM
No Historical Interest

Scott Diego
02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
This is, by far, the best thread on Spearboard!

Phil, I have an Addict gun copy you can borrow if needed. I would also like to buy a set of mech parts and matching shaft if you are going to make a run of them.

Scott Diego
02-22-2012, 01:18 AM
I am not sure if this has been posted before, but there is some good info on this page about Herb DeLong and some of the guns he built...

http://austinnewsstory.com/scip1963/SpearfishingContest/SpearfishingContest.htm

phil herranen
02-22-2012, 01:22 AM
This is, by far, the best thread on Spearboard!

Phil, I have an Addict gun copy you can borrow if needed. I would also like to buy a set of mech parts and matching shaft if you are going to make a run of them.

that would be great, i can use every example i can get my hands on.
phil

popgun pete
03-03-2012, 06:17 PM
John Warren, who interviewed Barry Wagner and Howard Benedict when preparing his excellent "Addict" speargun documentation web-page, has passed this list of San Diego Addicts Club members on to me for the information of readers here. The list was prepared by Barry Wagner in terms of those names he could then recall. At any given time there were no more than ten members. That interview was back in 2005, so some of the men mentioned below may no longer be with us. The order shown is just as the names were written down at the time.

1. Bob Shea
2. Bill Howard
3. Barry Wagner
4. Tony Sanchez
5. Joe Herrin
6. Larry Ward
7. Frank Leinhaupel
8. Harvey Beals
9. Larry Blackburn
10. Sets Fukuno
11. Ron Church
12. Mickey Church
13. Don Jeans
14. Jeff Palanick (deceased)
15. Al Larsen

For spearfishing history to survive it needs to be documented, none of us are here forever! Of course we have just heard from Harv (Harvey).

popgun pete
03-04-2012, 01:31 PM
John Warren has reinstated his "Addict" speargun page http://rocknfish.com/HowardBenedict.html which shows some beautiful guns by Howard Benedict.

Sam Ichikawa drew the plans up and can be seen here http://www.oceanhunters.com/HistoricalDivePictures/Groupers%20&%20Blacks/CFISH3.htm

Louis has just informed me that spearfisherman and master speargun fabricator Howard Benedict has now passed on.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/UTSanDiego/obituary.aspx?n=HOWARD-BENEDICT&pid=155942030

My condolences to family and friends.

Ric.Fallu
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Wow!

the original pic posted really brought back memories - it, and a design in Ben Cropps book Handbook for skindivers, caught my attention as a teenager. Almost as much as actual diving.

I tried several times to craft mechanisms based on the Addict design, but they were never successful - usually having too hard a pull. Maybe I dropped the swivel pin too far. But since I was an impatient teenager, and working with rough tools (prolly a hand drill, and if not a hand held power drill) any sort of accuracy was impossible.

Still, those diagrams stimlated a lifelong interest - even halfway accross the world.

Thanks to the originators.

Looking at the general design, it stands up well. Might have to print off the plans and see how well I can do one now.

Ric

Louis
03-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Louis has just informed me that spearfisherman and master speargun fabricator Howard Benedict has now passed on.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/UTSanDiego/obituary.aspx?n=HOWARD-BENEDICT&pid=155942030

My condolences to family and friends.

Pete, Thanks for putting up Howards Obit, a huge loss.
I'm a few years older, but recall Howard clearly as teens.

I would like to contact Bob Shea and Bill Howard, haven't talked with either in 50 years. My loss!

baja haha
03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Louis,
Q--Bob Cane ? I recall that was his name..very active member, for a while in the 50s or 60s on the Addicts spearfishing team--which did very well (untill they traveled north and tangled with the LB Neptunes....I recall Bob was a SD city life guard

I only had contact with Bob once, I think it was via Harold Reily. Did you know Harold? He was a Bottom Scratcher and all over the place--sadly he had a SWBO in a pool, probably 1960.

Lots of memories --at least for you and I

SDM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis,

CRS..

The name was Bob Shea...not Cane.

I understand he retired from the SD city life guards...many many years ago.

Do or did you know Barbara Allen, the second female LA County Certified Underwater Instructor in 1956 who moved to SD area many years ago?

She was a friend of so many and some how she has keep track of many of the earlier tribe..she often has e mail addresses or sadly obituarys..Like Vern Fleet

If you don't know Barbara send me a PM with your e mail and I will e mail her for you.

Thanks for your many reflections of the past--- interesting I was also reflecting that until the SD FW connected to OC it took about 3 hours-- one small berg after another all loaded with stop lights-- to travel from OC to SD. Now half or less of that time--In those bigone days we seldom ever communicated

sdm

2859Tim
03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Great thread !

Does anyone have contact info for Harry Recigno. I have been trying to confirm the builder on my Addict gun in thread below and suspect that it may have been made by him.

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=120481

baja haha
03-05-2012, 05:59 PM
No Historical Interest

popgun pete
03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I take it "Pablo" never came good with the "Addict" plans Phil as you were still after them only recently, this being an offer from him in early 2009 http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=76972&page=2. I only figured out how to shrink the "Addicts Speargun Plans" file some time afterwards, so that is why I never put it up until you asked again in your pm. I assume that Sam never sent you any as well, although he did not actually offer them as I read back through those past threads. http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=120481
Anyway no impediment now to anyone building one, but check those trigger mechanisms out properly! The old "Addict" spearguns had no safety, but I recommend a pull-out pin in the sear box for banding up, just in case!

Louis
03-05-2012, 10:17 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis,

CRS..

The name was Bob Shea...not Cane.

I understand he retired from the SD city life guards...many many years ago.

Do or did you know Barbara Allen, the second female LA County Certified Underwater Instructor in 1956 who moved to SD area many years ago?

She was a friend of so many and some how she has keep track of many of the earlier tribe..she often has e mail addresses or sadly obituarys..Like Vern Fleet

If you don't know Barbara send me a PM with your e mail and I will e mail her for you.

Thanks for your many reflections of the past--- interesting I was also reflecting that until the SD FW connected to OC it took about 3 hours-- one small berg after another all loaded with stop lights-- to travel from OC to SD. Now half or less of that time--In those bigone days we seldom ever communicated

sdm

I thought the name should be "Bob Shea". I just don't recall seeing a drawing when I was building my Gun.

I just had the extreme pleasure to meet with Scott Diego this afternoon. My pea brain hasn't stopped reeling.

I brought my 1958 Addict gun, Scott brought some of his, impressive to see how much the equipment has improved.

At the conclusion of our meet today, what I was left with is the "depth" (pun intended) that Scott has for his sport. The history of my early years and I'm sure yours as well are in good hands!

I didn't know Ms Allen and I will PM you my email addy.

baja haha
03-06-2012, 12:08 AM
I take it "Pablo" never came good with the "Addict" plans Phil as you were still after them only recently, this being an offer from him in early 2009 http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=76972&page=2. I only figured out how to shrink the "Addicts Speargun Plans" file some time afterwards, so that is why I never put it up until you asked again in your pm. I assume that Sam never sent you any as well, although he did not actually offer them as I read back through those past threads. http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=120481
Anyway no impediment now to anyone building one, but check those trigger mechanisms out properly! The old "Addict" spearguns had no safety, but I recommend a pull-out pin in the sear box for banding up, just in case!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pete & Phil,

I have had a recent saga ....
* rec room flooded
* Micro wave caught on fire
* Garage door opener broke
* Favorite kitchen steamer broke
* My truck stuck in garage for 1=1/2 weeks
* Ex-son in Law passed away
* Brother in Law Passed away
* Tree died - had to be removed
* Company last week
* Company arriving tomorrow
* Wife and I with flu for a week
* Today a truck hit a power line and no electric untill 15 minutes ago.

And I am in the middle of the collection materials and preparing a presentaton for The Central Coast Dive Conference

I do have a CenCal Care Package ready for Phil, but it is low on the list since the USPO is accross town and I am recovering from my recent sagas. The gun and plans have been around for 50 years and have been published in a number of periodicals-- so a few more days should not be a problem.

SDM

phil herranen
03-06-2012, 12:34 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pete & Phil,

I have had a recent saga ....
* rec room flooded
* Micro wave caught on fire
* Garage door opener broke
* Favorite kitchen steamer broke
* My truck stuck in garage for 1=1/2 weeks
* Ex-son in Law passed away
* Brother in Law Passed away
* Tree died - had to be removed
* Company last week
* Company arriving tomorrow
* Wife and I with flu for a week
* Today a truck hit a power line and no electric untill 15 minutes ago.

And I am in the middle of the collection materials and preparing a presentaton for The Central Coast Dive Conference

I do have a CenCal Care Package ready for Phil, but it is low on the list since the USPO is accross town and I am recovering from my recent sagas. The gun and plans have been around for 50 years and have been published in a number of periodicals-- so a few more days should not be a problem.

SDM

take your time , i have a couple addict guns headed my way also to use as models and i wont have them for a month or so . it will eventually all come together .
thanks again
phil

Louis
03-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Baha

I PM'ed you with my email addy, did you read it and pass it along?

Did you know Larry Ward of Pacific Beach? He was a DDS who Moved to Blythe, CA, then for 25 years to New London, RSA? Just curious!