Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > aquaMaureen

Conversation Between aquaMaureen and justing1223
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. aquaMaureen
    12-15-2009 11:04 AM
    aquaMaureen
    Heyyy! Bahamas is full of fish. You are better off staying away from the commercial places like nassau because its very touristy. Depends on how far you want to go, the most accessible is memory rock because it is so close and theres TONS OF FISH right there around 30ft. although walkers is pretty naked of places to go and stay on land from the hurricanes. All kind of depends on what you are looking for. I love the exumas, and abacoas. It probubly wouldn't hurt having someone that knows the waters guide you, (depending where you go) but i assure you its not hard to find the fish, it just depends on free diving skills.
  2. justing1223
    12-09-2009 12:09 AM
    justing1223
    Hey there, I have a quick question or to for ya.

I talked to you mom at the west palm open, and she spoke of you being in the bahamas. My question is.... Im planning on booking a flight out of lauderdale to spend a week during new years over there, and could really use a little helpful advice. Ive lived in Florida my whole life, and have never made a trip over there! Whats the most accessable island that you could recommend for doing a few days of spearing? Should I pay a local to take me around the local reefs? Any help would be awesome Maureen! Take care.
    Justin