Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 10-01-2022, 07:39 PM   #1
Sorry

North County Great Whites, Opener Report, and lost bag

Dove north county this AM for the opener. Vis was intermittent 10-12', majority 5' with 2-4' waves. 3 of my partners scuba'd, while I freedived. Ended up with 24 lobsters between the 4 of us. While freediving alone on the inside 12-18' of water, had a 8-10' juvenile great white sneak up behind me. Came from the direction of sunlight, slightly below the surface before I turned around, lobster in hand, to see it 5' away from me. Turned broadside and we gave each other a good look - surreal, amazing, and shocking all at the same time. True apex predators! Ended up kicking into shore and calling the boat to come closer because of all the brown in my wetsuit.......

Unfortunately lost my dive bag, with 4 lobsters, dive gloves, and my C8 dive light inside of it on the kick back out to the boat. Bright yellow dive bag filled with goodies if anyone finds it in north Torrey area. Would be really nice if you could PM me if you find it though! Will give you some bluefin, mahi, and take you out on my boat if you do!

All in all, exciting, humbling, and productive opener. Its the most wonderful season of all! Happy and especially SAFE diving to you all.
Sorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:50 PM   #2
tommy7

Re: North County Great Whites, Opener Report, and lost bag

Wow! Now that is an adrenaline pumping opening day lobster report! Good on you.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:33 PM   #3
charzar

Re: North County Great Whites, Opener Report, and lost bag

I was curious to see how many gws reports would come out of that area this weekend 😀 sounds a lot like my last visit last season. Will let you know if i find it.
charzar is offline   Reply With Quote